OCBR (sort of) WA style 2012

Discussion in 'Australia' started by neilaction, May 8, 2012.

1. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    Right, i've been thinking. :norton

What i've got in mind is a bike orientated get away that is "family friendly". Wives :baldy kids :happay etc etc.

Let me explain. :deal We ride to said destination as per any other ADV ride, whilst the rest of the tribe get there by what ever means. We all play happy campers for a weekend and bingo, job done. Somewhere where we could maybe shoot off for trail ride during the day but not too far from civilisation so the non riders can amuse themselves in the mean time. :D

Now I realise that this could be worlds colliding and not for everyone so feel free to shoot me down if this is a no go.:lol3 But I thought i'd flag the idea to see what the inmates think. :D

At this stage i'm thinking somewhere in the South West, possibly where last years no name was held, sometime in early November. :deal

Any interest? :y0!
  2. FIIG Rick

FIIG Rick FAT CHICKS NEED LOVIN TOO

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Neil, keep thinking
  3. fatgut

fatgut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The good wife said, "No way" I go riding with the boys so she can have time at home without me.
    I can go alone and do the male bonding thing she said.:freaky
    Kev
  4. iconman

iconman Good vibrations

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me Neil. My wife and kids would be keen.

We could all do a Watesy's style adventure ride too - have the missus bring everything down in the car... :rofl

I don't think you can beat that Bridgetown oval location either.
  5. 59DEN

59DEN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pemberton caravan park makes a nice base, chalets, tent sites, open fireplaces, great trail riding and more importantly a very good bakery.
  6. Edge

Edge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good thinking and in the SW to need to catch up with you guys and wife has a newly purchased 650xcountry in the shed she will be there to.
  7. neilaction

Oddometer:
    Seems a bit of interest. :D

There is a long weekend at the beginning of October, Queens Birthday :freaky, but public holidays are a double edged sword. Especially down the SW. :deal Busier than a one armed paper boy. :D So for that reason, and so we have a better chance of it being dry/warm, how does November 4/5 sound?

Location, location, location. :deal Caravan parks are all well and good but its hard to go past the oval near Briggie where we had last years no name. My original thought was to have it at Cave Hill but I thought that might be a bit far and a bit isolated for a family camping thing. It might limit who would be able to participate. :freaky I'm actually down in Briggie next week so I'll check with the council.

These are just thought bubbles at the moment and i'm open to suggestions. :deal I'm also happy to do the leg work along the lines of what Rick did for us last year. :1drink
  8. FIIG Rick

Oddometer:
    Neil, e mail Tim clinch at the bridgetown shire, he's your man, tell him youl supply rubbish bins etc, he's pretty good
  9. neilaction

Oddometer:
    Have you got his email address? If not i'll give em a call.
  10. FIIG Rick

Oddometer:
    I'll ask Ev, she knows everything
  11. angryad

angryad Don't drop the soap.

Oddometer:
    good answer.....
  12. neilaction

Oddometer:
    You've got one too. :lol3
  13. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could always contact Ken and Trish in Nannup, nothing like filling up the paddock with tents and carving up the firebreak :evil.

Got a few tracks down that way worth exploring, nearly in Ads backyard, he could do some exploring and put together a ride for Sunday morning.
  14. Waitesy

Waitesy MEH!

Oddometer:
    Geez I don't have long to find myself a wife, otherwise I might be forced to carry crap!!:2cry
  15. fatgut

fatgut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will lend you the wife, But her car needs tyres, she want money for the young bloke to go the states, she is needing a holiday to Phuket in October.
    Cart your own gear its a lot cheeper in the long run:lol3.
    Kev
    Financial Planning
    Long term: the car is cheaper.

[​IMG]
  16. neilaction

Oddometer:
    Waitesy carting his own gear. :norton What is this the twilight zone? :D
  17. angryad

angryad Don't drop the soap.

Oddometer:
    hahahahahaha
  18. Wilmo

Wilmo Orange Fever

Oddometer:
    Yep, interested Neil, keep me abreast of the date (pun intended)
  19. Gobby

Gobby Trust Me!

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah, would not miss it (provided work does not get in the way).

:thumb
  20. neilaction

Oddometer:
    As for a date, unless this is a problem for any of you, it will be the weekend of November the 3rd and 4th. :deal

I've emailed the council re the oval we used last year. I haven't heard back yet but I used a generic inquiry emal address as that's all I could find. I'm down in Briggie on Thursday, by coincidence for a meeting with the council, so if I haven't heard anything by then i'll ask around. :lol3

How I see things panning out is that a bunch of us will set off on Friday arvo like last year and spend Friday night camped somewhere near Dwellingup. (hopefully in a place with less ticks):lol3 Then on Saturday scoot down to Bridgetown. Anyone who can't do that can make there way to Bridgetown however they want with the view for an altogether shin dig on Saturday night. :freaky(my "leader of the opposition" will be driving down on Saturday). On Sunday a bit of a trail ride and then each to their own after that. For what its worth I imagine that I will stay down there for at least one more night given I'll have dragged the tribe down (tribe being 1 wife and 1 child) :D and I, read she who must be obeyed. will want to make the most of it. (OK love, I'll do ONE gallery and ONE winery):lol3

I'm looking at organising a BBQ for us to use on Saturday night and i'm also happy to organise bar-bee food for those interested along the lines of what Rick did for us last year. Onya Rick. :clap

Any ideas etc don't be shy. :deal You'll know if I think its a shit idea. :lol3:lol3