All Singapore Adventure Riders, Please Fall-In

Discussion in 'Asia' started by stealthpilot313, Jul 24, 2009.

1. stealthpilot313

stealthpilot313 Stealthpilot

Oddometer:
    Did a search but couldn't find a similar thread. Am certain, there are many of us on this site. Let's get together sometime.

I ride a GS Adventure and stay in the West. :clap
    I ususally ride Friday nights and do Malaysia rides about once a month. Wanna join me? Everyone is welcome. Please send me an sms(94503960), pm or just reply to this thread.
    JoaoPCF likes this.
  2. Xomaman

Xomaman AKA: Critter

Oddometer:
    Hey Stealthpilot, I live in SG and am up for that! I know there are lots of plantation roads in JB but not sure what you had in mind. I have a Vstrom. Drop me a line.
  3. mhutch

mhutch n00b

Oddometer:
    Just got here and got my license. Looking for a bike and some buddies to go riding with. Miss my Gran Canyon....:cry Will post up to this thread when I find a ride..
  4. Xomaman

Oddometer:
    What kind of bike are you looking for? Craigslist is not good here for it but there is a site 88DB that has a lot of local bikes for sale.
  5. T-REDZ

T-REDZ ADVentourider

Oddometer:
    Way to go, Singapore! :super

Riders are Brothers! Don't let political shits comes between us!
    :chace

warm regards from Indonesian ADV Rider..
  6. stealthpilot313

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies guys. I am certain there are a lot more of us here cuz I have seen ADV stickers on bikes here.

I am sure all of you will agree with me that we bikers see no boundaries. We only see boundaries when there are securities and safety issues.

Hi Xomaman, the east coast have nicer roads all the way to Thailand but was told there are stretches of shorter stretches on the west as well. Let's be adventurous and find time to explore some of these routes.

Hi mhutch, congrats on your achieving your license. We have some very resourceful biker friends. Just sound it out and I am sure we will find you one in no time.

Drop me an sms with your contact and I shall message you for rides. My number is 94503960. See you real soon!:clap
  7. Scramble123

Scramble123 n00b

Oddometer:

You are right, stealthpilot313 ... this was too easy!
  8. ssigs

ssigs n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Stealth, great idea starting this thread. New to adventure riding but keen to explore Malaysia with you guy's, will sms contact number. Have done Malacca by road etc but all pretty tame and was planning to head other side to explore Mersing, Deseru and Kota Tinggi area. Appears to be a minor coast road, some maps show all the way, others don't, from Tenggaroh to Kuala Sedili which looks interesting.
    Re mhutch search for bike; you've probably found these by now but try http://www.singaporebikes.com/

or

http://main.slackriders.com/Forums/viewforum/f=10/topicdays=0/start=15.html

both have bikes for sale.

Cheers.
  9. stealthpilot313

Oddometer:
    Thanks ssigs for replying. You are in:rayof ! Will keep you posted on our next ride.
  10. Timtim

Timtim BadGrandad

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,
    Sometime next year i am shipping my bike to Singapore and riding thro to Thailand.
    Hoping to meet up with some local riders if any of you are doing the same ?
    Please keep me posted if that's a possibility.

PS; I'm from UK, my bike is Ktm 990 and my wife is Thai. [She's coming also !]:wink:
  11. stealthpilot313

Oddometer:
    Which month do you plan on coming? I would recommend coming around the Songkla(Water Festival) period. That way, your wife gets to feel the New Year Festivities again.:1drink
  12. Sankar73

Sankar73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my 1st dual purpose bike in April... a red Cagiva Gran Canyon...
    Actually I bought it to do a trip up north to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos...

I used to ride up often to Malaysia via the trunk roads (East Coast) to Mersing, Kuantan, Gua Musang, Kota Bahru, Grik Highway (a must for all riders)... there are more of such wonderful roads with light traffic ...

I hate the North-South Highway ... puts me to sleep... i only use it if I've to rush back home... otherwise I give it a miss if possible...

At the moment I can go for rides on Sat or Sun... give me a call at 92702073
  13. Shunoski

Shunoski n00b

Oddometer:
    I want to ride to thailand.. I have another 2 years to go... :puke1
  14. Xomaman

Oddometer:
    Hey the Cagiva is a good size bike, I would like to hear what you think of it. I don't know the east coast backroads at all, but I have been there a few times and the roads were nice, I was wanting to venture off more but not sure how lost I would get....I will SMS you my number the weekends are good for me too.
  15. Xomaman

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing so I took a week off from work last month and rode to Koh Samui and back by myself. The ride on the North/South was an ass burner and like Sankar73 says was a sleeper. It took me two days each way and that gave me three days on the Island.

The best riding I have done in Thailand has been up past Chiang Mai but that was on rented bikes. I have heard of people riding to Hat Yai and putting their bikes on the train but that would still take days to get up there. Renting might be an option when you factor in the cost of getting your own bike up there but a lot of the rentals there are clapped out.

If anyone here has shipped their bike up to northern Thailand before I would like to hear the different ways they have done it. A private hire truck would be nice (ship the bikes up then fly there) if there were several of us, but no idea if that would be worth the cost or not.

Attached Files:

16. Sankar73

Sankar73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Gran Canyon has good handling with a ducati monster 900 engine and a really nice bike to ride... a little underpowered for a 900cc bike.. with the stock gearing you feel like you are abusing the engine above 160kmh... protection from the wind is almost zero... exhaust is very well muffled so can't really hear the famous ducati sound... you have to make sure you check and replace parts before they wear out and become unserviceable or you may be stranded for awhile

you can hardly get lost in Malaysia... the locals are very helpful and they will guide you if you ask them nicely... most of the time I go for rides alone and and just ride through without a plan of the destination... and head back home when i feel i'm done for the day...just enjoy the ride ...
  17. OzRoundin'

OzRoundin' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jason Booking In!
  18. stealthpilot313

Oddometer:
    Thanks all for signing in. Glad you can join us.

I know the BMW club did arrange bikes to be transported up north before. Anybody gone on one of their trips before.

I have a friend who had decided to buy a GS up in Chiang Mai and flies up once in a while to ride there.

Xomaman, did you have to spend a long time waiting for the ferry? Do you think it's worth a trip there?:rofl
  19. kmax

kmax Kruzer

Oddometer:
  20. stealthpilot313

Oddometer:
    Hi kmax

Thank you for the warm welcome. This is indeed a beautiful country.

Kruzer has come a long way and you guys are doing a great job bringing the community together. Hope to join you and some of your Malaysia exploration rides some day.:rofl

Enjoy your ride.