Rally Albania 7th – 14th June 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Torque Racing, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Torque Racing

Torque Racing Enduro, Rally & Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Anyone Fancy Riding in Albania in June?
    This Event is without double the best value around! The Organisation Entry fee is only 600 Euros and for this you get a full 6 days riding plus the Prologue and Epilogue.
    This event is suitable for enduro bikes with bigger tanks and the navigation is solely by Road Book no GPS required. Road Book is written in English. Please visit there site for more information.

TRS is offering two levels of support, Basic Support and Full Support for this event. Please Contact us for further details..

Regards Martin
    07980 612186

http://www.torqueracing.net/events-2/rally-albania-2013/
  2. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Did it last year, had to withdraw with a mechanical on 2 days and itching to do it again. Awesome event. You may not picture it, but Albania has some seriously stunning scenery, and very hard tracks. Lots of stony/rocky trails. Was going to write about my experience in the rally in TFTB #2, but instead will write about Serres 2012.

Might post the Albania write up over here instead, and definitely thinking of heading back this year
  3. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I´m going, if I can get the money... :clap
  4. Torque Racing

Oddometer:
    Yes tell us about your Experience please! :-)
  5. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im in!

With a small band of friends, doing our own service and support.

At least 10 Dutchies on the start line :clap
  6. Torque Racing

Oddometer:
    There's not too many people chomping at the bit to do this event... Anyone know why? Time of year, location, etc..
    It's really good value at 600 euros entry and an estimate of £1000 PP for the service team so in our experience this is cheapest event we know off for 8 days riding. Check the route map out. below. Any thoughts?

http://rallyalbania.org/ra_13/img_13/map_13.jpg
  7. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    I am 60-70% committed, just need to sort out travel & support situation, as the I will probably be transporting the bike from Athens to Tirana, but waiting for a few other Greek riders to commit and see wether we will have our own support car / driver.

Martin, do you offer a support package for hotels, mechanic & transport of gear from bivvy to bivvy, but without transporting the bike to & from the UK? Something I might have to seriously consider if I can't get more people from Athens to join me
  9. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Gerben is that you? :D

cool video!

I still have not-so-fond memories of the right hand turn at 0:45... early morning crashes don't agree with me :lol3
  10. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope it is Niek, friend of Gerben, #175 of last year.
  11. Torque Racing

Oddometer:
  12. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    great, thanks!
  13. divaha

divaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We had a great time at Albania Rally 2012. Actually I have got to many nice stories and impressions to put in one post; this is something you have to experience yourself. Maybe some picture explain it best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The start was in the city center of capital town Tirana. Very professionally organized with a lot of spectators and a Prologue on day 1 at the beach.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Typical roads you see the whole week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the bivouacs people stayed in several hotels or in tents of them own, some hotels were pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you want to ride a cheap rally in an incredible beautiful country which changes landscape every 30 minutes you have to go to Albania.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's lovely to cool of your balls with ice water as the whole week it was 33 Celsius!
    [​IMG]

Rest day was at the beach which was very relaxing. The island at the back of the EAO truck is Corfu in Greece.
    [​IMG]

The road books a top notch; on roll, in color, 5 different languages and faultless, best I and many others have ever seen. I got my personal drama at finish day but ty-ripped the bike to the finish.
    [​IMG]

Typical Albanian roads on our way back to Tirana.
    [​IMG]

Winners podium with big celebration party in a garden of the hotel where scrutenering and finish were.
    [​IMG]
    Team EAO.
    [​IMG]

Many of the riders who competed in several rallies told me this was the toughest amateur rally they competed in. For me a Kingstage in Tuareg is harder but there were 3 stages of +/-450km where you have to spread your energy over a long day. A special of 138km was there as well which the stage winner did in 5 hours!!! A lot of this year competitors will go next year again and this counts for me the same.

This year the rally will go through 3 countries!
    [​IMG]

EAO provides service to everybody who needs during the rally, just contact Martin Fontyn for your needs. www.eaob.eu

This movie gives a good overview of all days during the 2012 rally.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP592ZSaE14
  14. divaha

divaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just 2 weeks to go. The last road book check are being done. See here some impression of Stage 1;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which inmates are going as well???
  15. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    me me me Diederick :)
  16. gwagenalbania

gwagenalbania n00b

Oddometer:
    have you been last year?
  17. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, first time in Albania for me! I did watch all the videos from Gezwinde Spoed and the swedish guys on youtube though, does that count?
  18. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 'bus' left Holland on Sunday, loaded here on Saturday morning, I think we have 13 riders in total, 3 quads and 10 bikes. A very tight squeeze...

[​IMG]

Replaced the head gasket on my little 300 the week before as I had some pressure built up in the cooling system. The inner rubber seal got pinched during manufecturing I think and a slight pressure leak caused one of the coolant hoses to blow of its mounting. Scary but luckily caught in time;

[​IMG]

That all happened after I flipped the bike and totalled my MD roadbook and mount... As well as the subframe of the bike and the exhaust...

[​IMG]

Feeling like a NASCAR driver, the bike is ready to go and on its way to Albania!

So, be on the look out of 13 Dutchies, Rally 4 Friends is the team name, lets hope we stay friendly :D
  19. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck Antal, you lucky SOB.
  20. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's always one Brent, luckily that would be me:rofl