Suzuki TS Thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by wfopete, Oct 10, 2012.

1. wfopete

wfopete Suffer Fools; Gladly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any TS fans out there? Looking for fourms that talk TS lingo.
  2. wfrpalm

wfrpalm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 1975 TS250
    Suzukits is a good website
  3. Motoduc1

Motoduc1 backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer:
    I have a '71 TS 125 Duster...engine is apart right now, but it was an original, stock and in fair shape for its age. Hang around here...keep the TS conversations going!
  4. hansi

hansi Teurer Abenteurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just came into the possession of a rough looking DS 100, hoping to restore it this winter with my son to make it his first bike. Can not find a lot of info on this type of bike. Don't even know the exact year of manufacture, since the bike has a pre 1980 Vin and I do not know how to decode that. Judging by the looks of the handlebar switchpods it used to have turnsignal, horn, etc. Were they streetlegal?
    12v or 6v system?
    [​IMG][/IMG]

What is a good info-resource on that particular bike?
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    They shared parts with the TS but were not sold as street legal. Wouldn't surprise me if they even shared the perchs with mirror mounts. My friend had one but I don't recall the detail from 28 years ago! :lol3
  6. 2Trider

2Trider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is what we did with a TS200... :D
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UxFqySg0L6A" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  7. bchunter

bchunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did someone say TS's???????

I have a love for them. It all started with this girl. A 1979 TS 250 that I bought for $300, put a plate on it and beat the tar out of it. Awesome machine!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of my all time favorites:

[​IMG]

That bike was a ton of fun. But like everyone, one thing leads to another. From the 1979 TS 250 I moved onto a 1991 TS 200, another street legal TS 2T. This one being liquid cooled and mono shock, was better for my abusing behavoir:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even my 4 year old boy likes it :) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, Ok, I will stop there.

Wait, one more of when some buddies and myself with on a trip:

[​IMG]

Well, as you can tell, I like my TS. But I got really pissed at it earlier this year. It seized on me and locked up while going down the hwy once. No bigge, slap in a new pistion and away I go. But then, on the trip in the above pic, it ate a power valve. So that was it. Instead of rebuilding it, I threw in a KTM 250 EXC engine, making it into a TS 250 KSM.

The video that 2Trider posted above is the video I made of the build. Here is the final product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, yes, I am a TS addict ........

For links, here is a link to ThumperTalk that is all about the TS 200:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/539624-suzuki-ts200rm-rebuild/

And if you want to see some videos of both the '79 TS and the TS 250 KSM in action both in it's new form and old form, check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bchunter300?feature=results_main

Thanks.
    Pezz_gs likes this.
  8. bchunter

Oddometer:
    Sorry, just had to add this one, seeing as how this is 2T forum :D

[​IMG]

This is the new speedo for the KSM. Now the bike has enough attitude to support a sticker like this. You will see this pic and others that I have not posted up in the video link that 2Trider posted above. At the end of the build video, you get to hear and see the KSM in action. Very fun.
  9. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    The TS200 shares its engine with any other bioke or quad?
  10. bchunter

Oddometer:
    Yes it does, the RG 200 Gamma and the TV 200 Wolf, but they are only sold in Europe. They never even brought them into canada, only the TS enduro version. But they are all the same engine, just different styles - one crotch rocket style, one naked style, and one enduro style. I have never heard of the engine being in a quad though, but maybe ....??

And the RG 125 Gamma is the same engine except in a 125. The 200 engine has it's roots in the 125 world and likes to rev like that. It has a moto style to it.
  11. Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès The Kanto Pain

Oddometer:
    TS50ER 30 years ago. My first street legal bike at the age of 16.
  12. judobiker

judobiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought this '78 last year in great original condition. I loved the bike, but ended up selling it to a friend for his college commuter bike.[​IMG][​IMG]
    mikeysduck and Pezz_gs like this.
  13. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Amazing that you don't see more Dusters,they sold them by the thousands but so few seem to have survived.You see tons of Yamaha 125 Enduro's (ATC 125 I believe) but rarely do you see any Suzuki's.Maybe because so many were converted to MX bikes before the TM125 was introduced?????
  14. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    i have an 80 ts125 project bike

its good to a thread for the TS bikes :D
  15. Motoduc1

Motoduc1 backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer:
    I think many of them did become race bikes...good point. I remember seeing them at the very first motocross race I ever attended. Plus, I think Suzuki sold a 'race kit' for the bike, which encouraged mx enthusiasts.

I'm not really going to restore mine. Just try to make it mechanically sound and allow it to look like a 40 year old should!
  16. whisperquiet

whisperquiet Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    True-true..........I owned four TS125 Dusters. I bought a new 1972, rode it 5000 miles and traded for another new 1972 Duster for $125.00!! difference. The second Duster lasted about 2 weeks before it was totaled when a car hit me. So, I bought another '72 Duster and rode it until the new red 1973 Duster came out---------bought one of them also. Two of my best friends owned them and they were more popular where I lived than the AT1/AT2 Yamaha 125 Enduro.

I owned a 1973 TS400 for a while (evil bike for an 18 year old) and finally settled on a TS185K with a 21" front wheel conversion............It was the best Suzuki two stroke for what I did...........and BTW, Suzuki did sell a hop up kit for the TS series bikes.
  17. Gham

Oddometer:

Very cool!!

I loved Suzuki's when I was a kid,In Texas you could get a license
    for 100cc and under at age 15.It was my ticket to freedom in 1972 and I wore out a TC90 Blazer on the streets of Plano:lol3.

We rode trails and just basically had a great time.Then I got bigger bikes but have always loved (and missed) the old Enduro type bike.It was a go anywhere,do anything machine.

The TS 185 was a great bike,wasn't it called a Siera?
  18. whisperquiet

whisperquiet Motorcyclist

Oddometer:

It was the Sierra..........mine was the yellow one. BTW, this is a great site dedicated to Suzuki.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS185.shtml

Now, if I could just find a very good condition 75-76 GT250 Hustler close and for a decent price.
  19. Gham

Oddometer:
    Good luck finding a Hustler,I've never seen one in person!!!
    I've seen a ton of the 380's and 550's with Ram Air but never a 250.

I think a running example will be a rare beast indeed.
  20. Gham

Oddometer: