tourateck headlight guard\extra parts

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by dezracer, May 10, 2004.

1. dezracer

dezracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    got it in the mail today.Good thing Im not too dumb as the directions are in german {I think}....anyway, does anybody know what the large allen bolts (2) and the black plastic spacers (2) are for? The bolts dont fit the spacers either :huh
  2. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:

The black plastic spacers will fit between the headlight protector and the headlight mask on the KTM. The long allen bolt then goes thru the headlight protector bracket and then the black spacer and then in to the slot that held the Headlight protector on the bike. I can post a picture tomorow. My bike had to spend the night at work so that I can bring my GS home from the shop.
  3. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    dezracer, hope this helps. The bolts go in the original bolt holes at the side of the headlamp mask.
  4. dezracer

dezracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks ktim for taking the time to post the pics for me.Very cool! :thumb

makes sence to me however the bolts are to large to fit thru the spacers and into the stock mounting holes.Maybe they sent the wrong bolts :huh
  5. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like it, as there's no other way you're going to be able to fit it. Sounds like you will be paying a trip to the local hardware store!