MALAYSIAN Adventure Bikers

Discussion in 'Asia' started by deaninkl, Mar 1, 2010.

1. deaninkl

deaninkl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why not many threads here about Malaysian Adventures? we have the best roads and all sizes of bike are available....so where are you all?

Dean in KL
  2. aki

aki Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    + 1 :D

(Probably they're all still busy riding & no time to do RR!)
  3. bedoqstar

bedoqstar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yup, why not...+1 location klang valley:D
  4. SauS TaR-TaR

SauS TaR-TaR Go BaBy Go...

Oddometer:
    YeeaahH.. That's Right Mr.Dean.. We Waiting For The Ride Report From Malaysian Rider.. :clap
  5. deaninkl

Oddometer:
    There are certainly many adventure bikers in Malaysia, and I know of many trips organised to places like Mongolia, Tebet, Cambodia.....

I just think Malaysia should have a thread here, lets hope this starts one.

So as way of a start, I'm Dean, I live in Mont Kiara, and rid an R1200GS, my favourite roads are around Genting, Frazers Hill, East Coast, Kuala Kluang... I enjoy Sunday rides and would welcome meeting up with a few others.

Dean
  6. mijoeBLACK

mijoeBLACK grave digger

Oddometer:
    :beer
    hallo..Malaysia.....:clap
  7. mijoeBLACK

mijoeBLACK grave digger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    :freaky
    [​IMG]:freaky
    [​IMG]
  8. peterockwell

peterockwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yo dont forget Sarawakian too, ohh Sabahan also. I m here in Sarawak, Sibu.

Head Hunter hhahhaaa
  9. T-REDZ

T-REDZ ADVentourider

Oddometer:
    Let show the world that South East Asia has Adventure Riders too!! Brotherhood among religions, nations and differentiations...!!

Viva Malaysian Adventure Bikers!

:super
  10. aki

aki Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're right, bro. I'd enjoyed all the RRs in ADV Indonesia and admiring all the beautiful pics taken.

I hope this thread will be as good as yours.:D :D

Cheers to ADV Riders where ever you are!
  11. h17

h17 Enjoying The Ride

Oddometer:
    Hallo Mr Dean, I Have ridden in Malaysia and truly you have great roads there... and for sure I want to go back to ride there...

[​IMG]
    here is me on the road From Titiwangsa Peak to Belum Perak.
  12. h17

h17 Enjoying The Ride

Oddometer:
    Yeah why not... I can see you are topping up your 990... :D

[​IMG]
  13. griffin146

griffin146 Coming in Hot.....

Oddometer:
  14. T-REDZ

T-REDZ ADVentourider

Oddometer:
    Ay Ay Captain! :chace

Let shows the World that South East Asia has the claws too! (eventhough maybe only Indonesian Riders who rides small cc bike hahahaha...) :evil

When I first started the "Indonesia" thread, only few members join. But, coz of the pictures of me and my bike with ADV stickers in many biker forum in Indonesia, they get interested and join too..

I hope Malaysian Thread will be grown in quality and quantity!

Let's Ride The Life, Before Life Rides On You!

Salam,
  15. aki

aki Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The cubic centimeters is just numbers, bro. :D
    A group of us from Malaysia just came back from Southern Sulawesi, rent a bike there - Honda Suprafit 110. I enjoyed the ride & have as much fun as riding my DR650.
    After the trip, I'd decided to buy xcountry which is light with superb handling. If you ride alone as much I did, falling down is back breaking experience - get worse on slippery road or on slopes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few pictures taken during the ride, so far one of the best ride ever! So who cares whether it's done on 110cc or 1200cc but we did 1,400km on it with minor hiccups.

Ride hard, Ride safe.
  16. T-REDZ

T-REDZ ADVentourider

Oddometer:

Hahahahha... I like your words bro! Because in Jakarta, some people thought that having a big bore bike is a prestige due to the regulation here for daily used is under 250cc, so if you want to have a big bore bike, you have to pay much higher.. maybe about 200% from the original price.. and some of big bore bike owner think that any motorcycle small cc are not their "level" to hang out.. hahahha.. what a pity!:flip But not all of them like that, some of them are my friends and truly bikers.

South Sulawesi? U mean Manado? woow.. there's where my mom come from.. I believe you're enjoying your ride there, because sulawesi has a lot of beautiful scenery and beach.. And they have a very good food either!:evil

One of my friend from Jakarta, Haryo (H17) has come back from riding in Malaysia and woooww, you have a lot of beautiful places too there with a very great road condition. I believe my baby 200 will be like a bicycle along the highway there hahahaha..

Nice to have friend Satu Rumpun.. Let's just forget about the political differentiation between our country, because every riders are brother, am I correct?:super

Salam,
  17. aki

aki Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn't go to Manado only at Makassar & entire southern regions.
    Yes, Sulawesi is beautiful, beaches & mountains & the people and not forgetting the sea food.

Those highways & good roads are in the peninsular Malaysia, aki reside in Sarawak which is the eastern part of Malaysia, sharing boundaries with Brunei & Kalimantan. In this part of the country, the road isn't as good as our counterpart in peninsular.

Big bore bikes meant nothing if they collect dust parked in the garage rather than out there on the road.

Ride hard, Ride safe.
  18. deaninkl

Oddometer:
    Hi Aki,

looks like you had a great trip to Ujung Pandan/Makasar, that is one Indoneian I land I have not yet visited. You are right about cc's you can have more fun on bad roads on small bikes than big ones. In 1982 I did 3300km in six weeks around Sumatra on a Honda C90, in those days many raods were mud in the rainy season, a big bike woould just get stuck.

Ride safe.
    Dean in KL
  19. deaninkl

Oddometer:
    Hi Griffin,

I read you RR of the trip to Thailand, great stuff. I was not on the Cambodia trip, I ride mostly alone, cos i don't know to many other bikers in Malaysia, and travel a lot for work. We should meet up some time, I live in Mont Kiara, and am around most weekends.

Take care.
    Dean in KL
  20. T-REDZ

T-REDZ ADVentourider

Oddometer:

the eastern part of Malaysia, sharing boundaries with Brunei & Kalimantan. In this part of the country, the road isn't as good as our counterpart in peninsular.
    --> sounds like the road for and adventurer isn't there? hahahaha.. I prefer hard road then a soft and smooth road... :)