lost parts ..XL600R

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sh0rtlife, Dec 8, 2013.

1. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    ive been house bound due to ..well without going into detail ..medical leave...read concussion of the bad type..i likely wont be cleared to drive/ride till feb

so ive been working with the bikes...in the house....:evil

im getting my 83 xl600r back together..and somewhere along the line a few smalll parts ran off....
    auto decomp cable
    auto decomp upper bracket
    decomp lever head bracket

everything else seems to be there...or i allready fabricated it...if anyone can help me out getting these tidbits that would be great..i know there was alot of talk that ppl seem to just rip the auto decomp off and toss it...so im hoping someones got one laying about

im also on the lookout for a stator side cover.....but not one thats worth its weight in gold......mines got a hairline crack in it and slightly "weeps"

oh yeah..anyone got a lead on float bowl gaskets?...i made a pair that work...but im wondering if theres a source for them(dual carb)
  2. bdcorrigan

bdcorrigan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man what did you do? I might have some carb parts I will check tomorrow and let you know.
  3. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    i dun broke my skull in a few spots and had to have a chunk reset.......now "how" i did it is unknown..theres alot of "theorys" but nothing adds up..like the blood trails or the damage done to my head....my zr7 looks like it was weilded by the hulk while he beat me with it...the pic's are not for the squeemish...and ive given up trying to figure out the how and why...all that is known..was the last thing i was doing was cutting a bolt down in my shop

meanwhile im going stircrazy...as soon as i can finish getting my 600 together ill attack the "second" xr250...as its rough..or ill set to cleaning up the kdx200 thats a xmas present for my girl
  4. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    yay ...got someone sending me the cable and bracket..so thats solved atleast

ive all but given up on my disc brake front swap..from my "unknown" drum front.....but...ive got an xr250 sitting here...it doesnt need a disc front..and then i looked at the rear drum..while its the same size i noted the 18inch wheel over my 17

so heres the question...can i swap the forks onto the 600? to gain me disc front?..being its a plated 600 and a non plated 250...it just seems like it would make sense....besides the 250 has a speedo hub and no speedo..the 600 wheel has no speedo hub but i retrofitted an endurance(no clue what the forks/wheel is from its speculated a 350 or a 200)

heres an aditional "trick" question....can i swap the swingarms?..ie put the 250 arm in the 600 and the 600 into the 250?...the 250 arm is more than 1 inch longer and houses an 18inch wheel..the 600 a 17

aditionaly on those 2 swaps..if possible...is what will it do to the suspension feel...will i need to swap springs? or the whole rear shocks..wouldnt mind since the 250 has the res the 600 doesnt

in the end..this 250 is to be a "loaner" bike mostly rode by my lil bro..the 600 has and will see ALOT more pavement
  5. bdcorrigan

bdcorrigan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No float bowl gasket. Plus the ones I have are the 86-87 carbs. The 83's I gave to you. If you want the 86's they are yours, I have a pickup coil in the box and it still works if you want it. Let me know
  6. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    if memory serves..the 86s have a different "normal" bowl dont they?..if thats the case ill totaly take em