Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SquirrelyGrl, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Due to popular demand, Squirrely's neighborhood is getting its own thread! :clap

A thread for getting together for dirt rides, street rides or even just to have a drink every now & then :1drink.

Post here for our area in the Chattanooga (Cleveland can count as well :D), North Ga (Lafayette, Chickamauga, Trenton, Ringgold (yes, you Boojum,)) North Alabama (Scottsboro, Mentone, Ft Payne) area.

So I expect to see DriftDragon posting up here for tomorrow's impromptu ride at Prentice Cooper. :wink:
    Jahbirdrider likes this.
  2. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    First POST!

Anybody up for sneaking off to Prentice Cooper Tuesday 10/30 after work to explore and ride a bit before the Halloween spookies come out? If you know your way around there you are especially invited! I am hoping the wind dies down a bit and we get a little warmer by then.
    Jahbirdrider likes this.
  3. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    I'd love to go if I can ride pillion. Or borrow a bike for the afternoon. It's easy to find your way; most all the trails loop back to Tower Road or dead-end. Haley Rd and Persimmon Branch are an exception.
  4. Rufjeep

Rufjeep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good thread and much needed, SG. I live on Signal and mostly trail ride near the house, over in PC, and in SV (between the TTC and Coalmont).
  5. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Well is anyone wanting to go? AB are you gonna actually be crazy enough to ride with me or did you find a bike? LOL. PM me if you need me to meet you somewhere. BTW... If you want me too I will come get you and that bike and bring it to my house and drill that screw out for you. I have air tools and screw extractor and a trailer. PM me where you live if you want me to do that.
  6. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim, I can meet you at brewhouse in north shore if you want. I dunno if anyone else would show up. But I'll be at brewhouse at 6:30 if anyone wants to join
  7. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me!
  8. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    :clap woot! see you there! ABhulgan may show up, dunno yet.
  9. ABHooligan

Oddometer:
    Welll.............. it's a bit more than that. I've been busy bringing my other bike up to snuff and haven't fixed it yet, but the mount on the frame has a cracked weld, and the nut inserts are soft anyway. My plan is to weld a threaded plate in place of the nutserts on both sides for a permanent fix. I'll be at the drinking party tonight though.

Brent
  10. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    where is this place?
  11. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Frazier ave, next to thE subway.
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    At Brewhaus :) & 2 of us are here! Sitting outside on the patio, Brent rode his new tiger :) parked in front of a crossfire
  13. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    Squirrely - you are the ultimate party planner! :rofl:

Do you have any interest in putting together a ride - to Suches GA? The weekend of Nov 9-11 Blue Goodson, Billy Coulter (of Lafayette) and some others are going to ride the rollmap of Suches. I am thinking about a day trip possibly - or maybe even loading up my truck (F-100 full size) and going for an overnighter.

Blue is a character - no email, no cell phone... but I have his home # if you need it.

This may be too soon with the repairs your yellow DR needs... my back tire is getting bald as I am :lol3

VIPDre - are you in?

p.s Thanks Squirrely for putting up this thread!
  14. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    I might've up for some riding in that neck of the woods. Lived in Lafayette for a while and would like to explore some up there on the DS bike. Rode a lot of street miles with the ICR over the years. Keep everyone posted.
  15. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Doulos, I think everyone is working on a Coal creek trip that weekend... for baby bikes anyway. :cry
  16. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    What is the Coal Creek ride?
  17. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
  18. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Hey David!
    I haven't really put much thought into the next couple of weekends :shog

Oopsie! So, I do need to fix my bike first tho and then I'll go from there! Coal Creek is a cool place, it might be warmer there that weekend rather than in the mountains of North Georgia on Hwy 60 in Suches.
    I think both of those would be long day rides either way you went. Going to Suches is much more scenic tho, IMO

Thanks for coming out Tim! It was a pretty awesome time at Brewhaus, we played Trivia and got a few questions right! :clap The most I've ever gotten correct! Only b/c Brent & Tim have a higher education than I do :lol3

Anyone riding this weekend?
  19. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    I am going to burn the last couple hundred miles off the stock Battlwings tomorrow. Anybody up for a blat leaving in the morning? PM me.
  20. ABHooligan

Oddometer:
    I just got in from a long ride last night, or I'd love to have gone. Maybe soon.