Dakar 2012 - Official Torrent Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by GoNOW, Dec 26, 2011.

1. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am kicking off the official torrent thread for the 2012 Dakar. We are planning a little ahead this year and getting things ready early. The hope is that good coverage will be provided by the "other" sites and sources, but if we loose access, we want to have a plan B.

So, anyone that can record/upload this years coverage, please PM me. We are looking for EuroSport coverage, but anything else is good too.

Fight Club Rules

1. You do not talk about torrents. If you don't know what a torrent is or how it works, Google it.
    2. You do not talk about where you find said torrents. Aliases like Fishy and RFM is ok.
    3. You do not talk about the distribution of said files. Aka, check my FTP site.
    4. You do not post request for files or access. PM the appropriate people.
    5. No whining. :D

1. You can talk about videos/stages and quality. Aka "720P video of Stage 3 was released on Fishy."
    2. You can talk about how to play back the files. Hint, use VLC.
    3. You can talk about links to YouTube and other popular places to find the video.
    4. This topic is just not about torrents. We cover any other method if watching the shows online. Aka, rapidshare, streaming, etc. All follow under the same rules.
    That said, this Fight Club does have a page with lots of good information and it's updated often. You need to PM me with a request for access.
  2. sfevildick

sfevildick Coffee Bean

Oddometer:
    I will tell youl, without a doubt, advrider is the most current Dakar coverage in the world. I have been 200 yards from the finish of the special on quite a few occasions and you all know what happened before I do. It's really quite amazing.
  3. k0d3g3ar

k0d3g3ar n00b

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! I did check my Tivo upcoming show listings for Versus for the USA, and they ARE covering the Dakar. They are showing a Dakar Highlights show at 11:00pm on January 1st, 2012 so I can assume they'll be doing the daily highlights each day like they did last year.

That said, nothing beats the Eurosports Highlight show IMHO. So any effort to share that gem gets my full support!

K
  4. k0d3g3ar

k0d3g3ar n00b

Oddometer:
    Can anyone post the sites that should have Eurosports Torrents, or is it planned to have them here? I am on a site named after a dangerous fish that probably have them, but we need backup!

K
  5. ZequeArgentina

ZequeArgentina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fox Sport LA (Latin America) runs a1 hour daily program from today till the end of the Dakar.
    While before the start it is mainly focused on locals, and obviously in spanish, it could be worth for those anxioux-dakar followers.

In this forum (in spansh the give downloads for it), here are some for one of the last programs:
    Forocoches, Alfredb

http://www.mediafire.com/?4iv486kvlcx1637
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fp42z2avtq9mh6u
    http://www.mediafire.com/?y71s7eyn7lh3cf0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0dk57kzm5nm1exf
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pv44k9uuaikdt6k
  6. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I plan to have them here too. But once coverage starts and we know who will have what, I will post up a list.
  7. k0d3g3ar

k0d3g3ar n00b

Oddometer:
    if there was a way that posters could state the language of the coverage that would really be appreciated.

.cheers
    K
  8. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    I think most of us are looking for english coverage.

Hopefully not american coverage :evil
  9. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    No big content yet, but PM me for a page that I am keeping track of this all on.

Also, if you find any links to content, aka rapidshare, etc. Please PM them to me.
  10. biggles0449

biggles0449 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eurosport have something recently launched, called "Eurosport Player" do a search for it, it is a regional service, so not sure if you can access from USA, but If you are on a budget you can sign up for a month for only £3.99 (but have to remember to cancel). There is also an annual subscription which gives you coverage of a load of other events.

First Dakar programme is a preview show "Destination Dakar" at 22.00 on next Wednesday 28th December.

Hope it helps, good opportunity to get some extra shows i guess.
  11. dakardood

dakardood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cheers Biggles, there is also 2 Dakar programmes starting at 22:15 **tonight** (Tuesday), on Eurosport 1 - looks like two programmes sandwiched together finishing at 23:15. :clap

12. matt.the.ogre

matt.the.ogre Fair-minded Villian Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Sorry, Eurosport Player is currently not available for viewing in your geographical location" -- San Rafael, California, USA
  13. k0d3g3ar

k0d3g3ar n00b

Oddometer:
    If you want to watch it on your computer, sign up for a Witopia VPN account and use that to simulate you are in the UK or somewhere it is supported. More info at http://www.witopia.net

K
  14. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone can stream it and do a screen capture for the rest of us, it would be much appreciated.
  15. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got a EU proxy going, but the entire site changes to Dutch and it looks like it wants money. I don't know, I can't read it. I will trade proxy access to anyone that can send me a screen cap of the coverage.
  16. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Assuming that most here are knowledgable with how a torrent file
    Works, it would be simpler if we just shared the torrent files
    as soon as they become available on racingfor.me

Either sendspace or yousendit links are what I usually use

Thoughts?
  17. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:

Sadly, that won't work. Torrent files from private sites, require an account for access to the tracker. So you just can't share the torrent file with someone else and have it work.

There are other ways around it tho.
  18. rm_pt

rm_pt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hi,can someone send me please an invite via PM? thanks
  19. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    so carnivorous fish and the other site have the roadbook and "destination dakar" preview show from Eurosport. How are we going to share this? Just point everyone to the fish?
  20. Corvo

Corvo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If someone can give detailed info about, how can I watch the shows about dakar or the live steaming of the rally it would be appreciated