Solo Ride Sun 1/29

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by iDave, Jan 28, 2006.

1. iDave

iDave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Didn't see anyone at foxes pizza, I got there at around 12:00.

Good luck on your solo ride, im riding solo tommorow out to the Ocean.:norton
  3. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    I soloed today so I am fully certified now. :thumb

I'll solo again tomorrow through NF roads in the rain! :clap
  4. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Yeah that was me, and it was a triple. :lol3

Lets hear about your ride report.
  5. OldnoGPS

OldnoGPS Just a sightseer

Oddometer:
    Funny thing about riding solo, seems I'm always going EXACTLY where and how fast I want to go.
    Double is usually OK, 3 folks always ups the speed ante, 4 and above often turns into a cluster f*** as Steverino so aptly put it on our WV ride with a large group last year (I think I was one of the f***ees).
    The older I get the less I want to ride with groups (probably because I'm slow and hate having to make people wait for me - hey, I'm a sightseer...).
    Summit Point and VIR are great for speed and everybody is going in the same direction.
  6. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I have told you about the numerous dcsportbikes rides I have gone on. Their definition of riding is different. They love 170 mph straight aways. Some think the beltway has "twisties" etc..

Check this ride for this Sat on dccom

http://dcsportbikes.com/forums/2/501342/ShowPost.aspx#501342

I am sure this ride sucked, but they probably thought it was great. Just different standards I guess.

A couple of guys at my gym have told me "You cant keep up with that cruiser" after I asked them if I could ride with them. I don't even own a cruiser. I am going to buy a vespa gt200 and ask them again if I can ride with them. :D
  7. RRob

RRob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As you know, the sad truth of sportbike riding is that it is only fun on smooth, clean roads at triple digit speeds. Dual sports are twice as much fun at half the speed.
  8. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I disagree, I have had alot of fun riding sportbikes offroad.:norton
  9. RRob

RRob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I heard a story about an R1 at Peter's Mill Run...
  10. Steverino

Oddometer:

Who said that ride was a cluster fuck? I have been on far worse rides. :dunno
  11. OldnoGPS

Oddometer:
    Steve - You did, somewhere between when we picked up Poonie's bike from his slimy leaves lowside and Cass after we were waiting for (ahem) some individuals we left at a gas station and lost the group. You're right though, I've been on far worse rides.
    I'm just being pissy 'cause I can't ride. Perfect weather, 2 bikes ready to go. Spent the day rolling my son out in his wheelchair so he could get some sun and taking my wife for a couple of walks so she can get some strength back. I'm glad they're getting better but I can't get out. If I go down or something happens to me they're screwed, neither can drive for a good while yet. Sorry for the bitch, getting cabin fever - today's weather did me in.
  12. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmm sorry, my bad.

ONGPs, understandable man got to be tough on the whole gang in the Oldno household.

Shit that ride was fine, the one where we got chased off the mtn by the necks in the suburban was a CF. :D
  13. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmm, in that case I'm going to try to ride tomorrow just by instruments - you know, speedo and odometer. I wonder how it will go?
  14. OldnoGPS

Oddometer:
    The necks on the mountain was indeed a CF. The grey haired dude was in the Hook (C'ville area rag) a couple of months ago, he was embroiled in a lawsuit/fight with the HOA of that fine subdivision we visited. Seems he has a long history of assholism.
    Further explanation - My already low opinion of sportbikes and the devil it brings out in us is no doubt worse based on the crashed R6 currently residing in my garage and the lingering effects of the crash. My son may be able to put some weight on his left leg in 3 weeks. He can't move his left arm, hopefully that will come back. Can't help but think he may have been riding differently if he was on a DRZ, or been more visible on a GS.
    On the plus side, other than plastic and the radiator, his bike seems fine. Even the instruments are OK. Trackbike anyone?