Speedometer/Odometer Repair

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Rexsname, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Rexsname

Rexsname Wannabe Long distance Rider

Oddometer:
    I have a 1982 Goldwing with an inoperable Odometer. I am planning a SaddleSore 1000 in the spring and an odometer would be helpful.
    Does anyone know of a reputable shop that specializes in this type of repair?

REX
  2. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure that they can be repaired... at least not economically. It might be easier and cheaper for you to just replace the unit with a good used one.
  3. Rexsname

Rexsname Wannabe Long distance Rider

Oddometer:
    I hope you are wrong, I'd think that a repair would be cheaper than a replacement. Anyone else have good info? Links?

REX
  4. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    Just checked prices of GL1100 gauges on eBay - they were a lot cheaper a couple years ago! Pistol Pete does a lot of good work on older 'Wing carbs, and it looks like he rebuilds gauges too - at least CBX1000 gauges. He might be able to help you out with your 'Wing's odometer: http://oldwings.com/services.html#gauge
  5. hugemoth

hugemoth Bad Motorscooter

Oddometer:
    A quick and easy remedy is to add a $15 bicycle speedometer. They have an odometer, tripmeter, function and are very accurate.
  6. Velocipede

Velocipede Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Wirespokes one of the Inmates here,he does quality repairs on instruments at a very reasonable price.

John
  7. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    Thanks John!

I haven't worked on any Hondas lately (might have a lotta years ago when I was into them) but I'd be willing to take a look. Hopefully it doesn't need any parts I couldn't reproduce, like gears!

the great 'spokes has spoken