Russia -Norway 2014.

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by mixermsk, Apr 19, 2014.

1. mixermsk

mixermsk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello. I was in Norway at 2012( Moscow - St. Petersburg - Helsinki - StockHolm - Oslo - Odda - SogneFjorden - Trollestigen - Atlantic Road - Trondheim - Sweden - Finland(Oulu) - Kostomuksha (Russia) - Petrozavodsk - Vologda - Moscow). It was fantastic trip, but we had very little time(about 13 days).

At this year I got another problem - I got much time(about 23 days) but I don`t know what I will do. :) Main idea of this trip - Norway from South(Lindesnes lighthouse) to North( NordKapp). I plan to start in middle of June. I think that I will ride without hard schedule of the trip , but here is short plan(i think that in real life I will go slowly):
    1. Moscow - Vitebsk - Riga
    2. Riga - StockHolm(ferry)
    3. StockHolm - KristianSand
    4. KristianSand - LyseBotn.
    5. LyseBotn - Vik(SogneFjorden).
    6. Vik - Trollstigen
    7. Trollstigen - Atlantic Road - TrondHeim.
    8. TrondHeim - Mo i Rana.
    9. Mo i Rana - Ramberg(Lofoten)
    10. Ramberg - Harstad - Markenes
    11. Markenes - NordKapp.
    12 - 23 . ???

Places that I already plan to see:
    1. Riga(old town).
    2. Lindesnes Lighthouse
    3. LyseBotn Road.
    4. Steindalsfossen waterfall
    5. Trollstigen road
    6. Atlantic Road
    7. Lofoten islands
    8. Nordkapp.
    9. Oulanka national park

Can anybody recommends me more interesting places in this route(or near - about 100 km) - anything, for example: good campings, beatiful road and landscapes, etc ? Or may be I should correct route to see something interesting?

I`m not sure about the way back - I think that I will ride through Finland to Oulu and then turn to the Russia.

Many thanks!
  2. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    I cannot help with good places to see. This looks like a great trip plan. I hope to ride Germany to Scandanavia this May to June.

Good luck and have a great ride.
  3. MariusB

MariusB Gonnabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi mixermsk!

I am planning to do a trip from Oslo to Lofoten myself some time this summer.
    I am not too experienced about my own country, but almost everyone I have talked to tells me to be sure to take the "Kystriksveien", Riksvei no 17, from Steinkjer to Bodø
    http://www.kystriksveien.no/index.krv?lng=en
    Lots of sights and ferrys.
    I will!

Have a nice trip i Norway!
  4. Tom-Nor

Tom-Nor Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can also see vest-kapp. Its close to Måløy. You probely have it in your route but il mention Gerianger. Coming from Vik you can drive to Stranda and take the ferry to Geiranger and get to see the Whole fjord. Or go trough Stryn. Or just from Sogndal to Lom, then you get to drive Sognefjellet.
    Thers as you know a lot of options to get from A to B in the west coast :evil
  5. mixermsk

mixermsk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Great idea - I don`t hear about this place before.
  6. Tom-Nor

Tom-Nor Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For more info about Norway you might post a question in www.bike.no . Norwegian bike forum, post your questions under "touring"