Leatt GPX Adventure jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Taurkon, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was not able to dig much up on this piece of gear, but figured what the heck and ordered one today. I spend my time switching back and forth between adventure riding and off-road riding/racing. I was looking for a jacket that I could wear early spring/late fall for the off-road stuff, and a jacket that I could wear when doing the adventure rides.

The intent is to wear my pressure suit in both conditions, rather than relying on the CE armor usually found in jackets. I also wear an Atlas neck brace while riding off-road so the jacket needed to work with a neck brace too. This jacket has lots of vents, the arms are removable, and there are plenty of pockets.

The one item on my checklist that this jacket does not pass is it's not waterproof. I do ride in all conditions (eve snow occasionally, although not intentionally), and while I would like gear that is waterproof, I have a very light outer rain shell that I'll use and see how it goes.

I was initially looking for the Klim Traverse but could not find any dealers that carried the Traverse line close by where I could try before layout the $$, and wanted to get something that worked well with a neck protector.

[​IMG]
  2. speedygee68

speedygee68 dirt eater

Oddometer:
    The intent is to wear my pressure suit in both conditions, rather than relying on the CE armor usually found in jackets. I also wear an Atlas neck brace while riding off-road so the jacket needed to work with a neck brace too. This jacket has lots of vents, the arms are removable, and there are plenty of pockets.

I have the Leatt Adventrue Body protector. Do you think this jacket is compatible with this brace? I will also be wearing the Leatt neck brace as well.
    Also, does this jacket have a built in water bladder. How would you rate this product now and if you had the chance, would you have gone with something else..or do you still recommend this jacket? Thanks in advance.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
  3. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Due to the winter weather here, I've not really been able to do much riding. However, I did get our for a quick ride a few weeks ago with all the gear. The Atlas neck brace and pressure suit (Leatt Adventure Body Protector) fit well under the jacket. I ordered a large and I am 6'1" and ~200lbs.

There is no built in water bladder, but the vents in the back of the jacket are designed for a hydration pack, with the rear middle of the jacket stitched and vents underneath each shoulder.

I would recommend this jacket again for certain situations. I like the fact that the arms come off and the venting seems excellent. I am still planning on purchasing a full set of Klim Overland gear for long trips and off-road riding days where I anticipate lots of moisture, but for much of my riding, especially off-road in the spring and fall when temperatures are on the cool side, I suspect the Leatt GPX Adventure Jacket will fit the bill.
  4. B3EAR

B3EAR Metabaron

Oddometer:

Taurkon... Now that you've had the jacket for awhile how are you feeling about it? I'm looking for something that can accommodate both day rides and adventure riding, waterproof, neck brace compatible, etc.

Thanks,

B3EAR