Old Florida at it's best.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Colemanfu, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Had Thr. off for V-day so I went for a little 100 mile afternoon ride . North FL has a rich history. An there is not much older in the state than St. Augustine. Also the home of A1A Ale Works and a fantastic IPA. http://www.a1aaleworks.com/

[​IMG]

Did a 100 mile loop from Ormond up to St. Auggie and back. The road is directly along the ocean for 25 miles from Ormond to Crecent Beach. I took a side trip to old A1A near Mantanzas Inlet.

[​IMG]

This is a cool section of road. I'd like to see it during a storm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of the road.

[​IMG]

Next stop the St. Augustine light house.

[​IMG]

Looks like one is scared to get close to the edge.

[​IMG]

Then it was off to old town and the fort (and the IPA).

[​IMG]

Nice and over built - I like it.

[​IMG]

Lots-o-history around town.

[​IMG]

Some of the streets are built more for a KTM than a HD.

[​IMG]

The old market is cool. Reminds me of Savannah but smaller. Don't know if these type of signs have a name or not but I always read em to collect some local info.

[​IMG]

Here is a view of the light house from across the bay.

[​IMG]

No food pix but lunch was good. I was ready to ride again. It's 50 miles down US1 and back to the shed. I cover up the walls with bike event posters - let me know if you got any and want to trade?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy the little trip - I know I did. Thanks Vets for all you gave.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice ride!! Thanks for the sunny pics :thumb
  3. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've only ridden in FL once, Pensacola, and there is something very relaxing about cruising along the ocean with the warm breeze coming off it. Nice laid back RR. That has got to be one of the coolest Fat Boys I've ever seen.
  4. prometheus rising

prometheus rising Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer:
    Sweet, I could use some of that warm ocean air, sweet bike too :clap
  5. gixxerjasen

gixxerjasen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice. While living in Florida I can't say I ever really made it to St Augustine. However, I did buy my first motorcycle in Daytona and rode it home on 95 to Melbourne. Then I proceeded to ride it just about every day to work in Merritt Island. I had my choice of US1, A1A or Tropical Trail. I usually took Tropical trail because it was the most direct route, and because for a bit I could have water on either side of me. A1A was a little out of the way, and while a very nice ride, usually had too many slow moving tourist cars on it. :D

Thanks for sharing some of the old Florida. I kinda miss being over on that coast.
  6. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I worked in the Tallahassee area for a few years and did a lot of riding along the Gulf from Pensacola to Aplachicola. During off season, it's a very nice ride. Also, north of Tallahassee to the GA border is old plantation country, and in places, very old. Plenty of bendy roads up that way.

[​IMG]
  7. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    More please!
  8. TwoShots

TwoShots Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Nice pic and a great -beefy- ride.

:thumb
  9. Colemanfu

Oddometer:
  10. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have to say it again, that is one sweet Fat Boy. Did you black it out yourself, or buy it like that?
  11. Colemanfu

Oddometer:
    Thanks F1 & the rest - yea put it together in early 09 when the Doc found a tumor in my lower leg - figured I might as well die in debt and havin fun. Well not dead yet (and don't plan on it for a long time amen) but still got the bike and a little limp. I think I did much better than the Lo that came out about a year later. Not a big fan of the brushed and mix of flat and gloss that the Lo has. Rather be homelsss than chromeless and chrome will get ya home. Right?

I was going for clean classic look - think I hit the mark.

FU
  12. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing the ride and pics. My sister-in-law is in St. Augustine with her Harley right now...BITCH :bluduh

<>< Fish
  13. Capt Dan

Capt Dan Just Livin' a Dream

Oddometer:
    Nice Harley, love the pictures of the East coast. My sister lives in Jacksonville, I visit a couple of time each year, my favorite ride is from J-ville down to St Augustine then along A1A to Daytona. One of the few rides along the coast you can actually see the ocean.
    I will be back in the area in May of 2011.
  14. Colemanfu

Oddometer: