JettnJimsHighAvdenturTour:2011 Spills, Thrills & Purtty Giirlls!^)-

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jettn Jim, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!

I think I owe the riding community a few ride reports from the time I started rid'n again back in JULY '08 [​IMG].... Aaaand I need the PRACTICE :D.

The High Adventure name came alive in my Brother in-law Seans bar, which is in a cooool haybail bunkhouse, Bar, game cleaning building. Complete with old 85lb chainswas hanging from the wood ceiling, mounted Mulies and cougar, with a ton of memorabilia given to him by friends who have spent time there bieng inquisitive and contemplative....some time with spirits and other with fungus and herbs.
    It seems I was always on an adventure and taking people I visited along the way with me to fish, hunt, ride, play, relax, whatever it took to get them to have more fun. To take a walk with me for a while. The high part of adventure was that I was always high energy and high on life,l as well as happily high.

So I'll try to wite up as I go on this one... It might take tribal prayer and chanting tho

Mileages Edited 9-19-12
    A LITTLE BACKGROUND:I've been ripping around North America the last 4yrs on a bike having a blast, meeting kick-ass people, giving away lotsa books to people (not my books, but others... who're paving the way to a sense of peace most of us have forgotten) trying to help them be at peace. Logging over 102,000mi , crash'n, bash'n, party'n a bit, connecting, try'n to help folks break free and live their own story, and lovingly/neccesarily building and rebuilding Desiree'....
    Ive been doing these Cross Country trips most of my life, since the around two when we used to drive down from Wash to Ca Tx and Az to visit family with the folks.... One year Dad let me drive the Mini-motorhome thru 10 states when I was just 13 Sitt'n on a pillow to look taller and 3 yrs older lol. Used to drive it to MX races all the time towing a homemade trailer and a pair or two YZ's or a YZ and a Maico. My Ma and Pop were pretty Damn cool! Mom used to let me drive the '69 chevy wagon starting around age seven. I'd scootch over next to her and steer, she'd do the pedals, then later I got to use the gas, brakes and steering wheel. At 10 she let me behind the wheel altogether... Wooohooo I've got this now lol! That totally freaked out my foster sister Lori :kboom When I remember back.... I was having soooo damn much fun!
    Probably rolled for a zillion miles, and it seems like I'm the most at home on the road.....

15yrs ago when I was 30 I decided Hmmmmm this path is'nt going Quite where I'd like it to be going...I think I'll change direction a bit and rather than wait till who knows when...I'm gonna be....SEMI RETIRED NOW!... work half the year and play the other half. Just keep on work'n/existing until I die like all the other wild critters, BUT work only some of the time, playing at least half the time if not more! I wasn't going to work my life away until I was 62?, 65?, or 70 years old, then enjoy the golden years/good life...WHAT?! Sherri's Grandma always said... "the only thing golden in your golden years is your ...Pee". That's just a crazy dream folks and it was'nt mine! I believed we should all be enjoying or lives as we go...you've got an urge? A desire to do or see something or somewhere? Wanna jump fences and play frisbee in the park? Ride your bike around the world? Go on a once and a lifetime Hunting or Fishing trip? Maybe sell off all your pretty much useless nick-nacks and belongings and live on a beach in a much more affordable/cheaper country for pennies a day? Then just DO IT! :deal it's working for me AND it WILL work for you :D

Anyway all that will be covered in another report titled something like: "Three Years on a Mechanical Horse-Finding Myself while Trying to leave everything else behind".....or "The Key to life.... Just try to Remember who you are, and all that you've forgotten."

Coupla day's ago I studded up a pair of 606's With some Stich studs preparing to riding to Lewiston to do some Mtn snowmobil'n and play'n with my loooong time Buddy Wayne, Walleye fish'n on the Columbia with my pardner Monk, as well as make this another kick-ass Moto-Adventure!!!
    So the first (or is it second, third, or fourth? ) reason for this trip is to get to Spokane for a meeting with my Surgeon to maybe get this metal outta my back. From a tooo close to the edge encounter back in '06 after a couple months on and off commercial fishing in Alaska and Washington....Can you say Having WAY TOO MUCH FUN and moving at LIGHT SPEED! 26 broken bones 18 day's in the hospital followed by 3 months in a wheel chair!

I need to know if I can get this stuff out or not, then get it done so I can... Heal, exchange some of my energy for currency to pay the Great Carnival Master for the next ride, then start planning for a South American Spiritual people Quest via KLR. With a test run thru Labrador, Newfy, Novia Scotia etc.... all the Canadians I've met rid'n thru there say the Newfies are the MOST friendly people so I wanna meet some of them....and buy them drinks [​IMG] And St. John has some of/if not THE oldest Pubs in North America, all the better. Then there's Cape Breton...aaaah the Beauty I hear and the dance [​IMG]
    The Best Friend wife/girlfriend Tried to get me to fly... But NO FRIKKN WAY are you kidding me.... let's make a dang ADVENTURE out of this!!! I'd ALWAYS rather ride 5 days stead of fly'n 5 hrs Thats a Noooo brainer Doesn't she know me by now. [​IMG]

Plus it's another way to test some gear, parts, and MYSELF......

Ive taken a ton a pics over the last few yrs so by the end of this one there should be a few more.... [​IMG] Stay tuned.
    Peace to all you guy's
    Jim out
  2. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    IN!

WestFest maybe? :ear
  3. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Spring Fest maybe huh!

OK a slow start pic wise, but I'm off. After a dicy looking pre ride and potential crappy weather, it was all clear.... Didn't need them dang studs anyway.... Yet?.... Wanted to see what it's like to ride with them anyway and how long they'd last, I'm always learn'n yaknow :deal

It was a pretty damn boring start so the good stuff will havta wait I reckon. 350 miles out today near Lorrain Oh, 27deg av temp thru Pa. Then near sundown till 9pm about 23deg low of 20. Cruised 75-77mph till Ohio only got passed by about 6 cages, with about a 20mph Headwind she used just a tad a oil. So at Ohio I backed down to 70....aaaaah much warmer feeling, and bike didn't work near as hard. With the headwind it felt like doin 95 all day! :eek1 Averaged 67mph moving, with the wind and temp it felt about 0. Not too bad....
    Lost 10 of the studs nearest the center after 400 mi total....I doooon't think they like doin 75-80 all day:cry

For this ride I decided to use my old CL4x MotoX style instead of the much warmer/dryer/quiter Bell Star. Want to see how it will work out in SA. Knowing I'd hit more rain than the goggles could handle I took an old shield put some velcro on it ground off the mount tabs and stuck it right over the goggles. Works like a charm after a little tweeking to keep fogging down. My goggle are PRO-VUEs I used to use Snowmobiling with all the vents taped off. So for this I had to open up some venting. They have an awesome foam nose/lower face guard that fills the opening in the helmet perfect. And snap on lenses so I can go darker tint on bright days and yellow on cloudy days.

Highlight of the Day is meeting Dave a trucker from Hop Bottom Pa. As we're eat'n in a TA we spark up good convo about rid'n nand fishing...ahem I like that too.
    He tells me the exact turn bty turn directions to a big killer private pond with huge Crappie in it!!! ANd the owners name etc... He say's i'll have nooo prob gett'n permission, just take the usual beer/Crown Royal gift :wink:
    Score!!:clap
    [​IMG]

And heres with the shield attatched...(now I know how the Idea for the modern DS helmet was created.
    [​IMG]

EASY Now I want you guy's to meet Desiree'... I'll let you ride her if you respect her aftre Lo!
    [​IMG]

My wifes best friend Wendy. :evil
    [​IMG]
    The early morning shot on the creek
    [​IMG]

Early ice testing
    [​IMG]

She's been work'n out alot lately... not bad for 43 :wink:
    [​IMG]

:snore
    OK and an old farm...Yawn I promise the pics will get better! Not much happening on this end of the trip yaknow, tho I do take a lota pictures of old farms.... Warm memories of the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry couldn't resist :evil
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Fixed your thread title... we're not minding your pics so far! :D
  5. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    You Da Man MG much appreciated!
    Oh and I do the best I can :D
  6. perotyme

perotyme n00b

Oddometer:
    great pics
  7. Bluesjammer

Bluesjammer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jim, way cool start....... but please resize the pics to about 800x600 or a little less, will make it much more fun to read. The weight lifter, :eek1 VERY nice.
    Steve
  8. Butthead 1000

Butthead 1000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim, Good to meet you Sunday at work. (DM Sears). You are definatly a high ernergy dude. To bad about the get off, luckily it was not that serious. Enjoy your adventure. PM me if your return route is in the the area. Rick
  9. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick good to meet you too! I havent even started to write yet so only a skim of the stuff has been touched. Your riding feats are still to be mentioned :wink:

Yea it was about as good off a get off as you could ask for. Minimal gear damage and only a sore neck for a day... I'll take that as payment for the thrill:D When I get to Idaho ill get this thing cought up and done right.

Peace brother
    Here is some video from 2day with my point and shoot, I taped the GoPro to the helmet and filmed a few miles riding up then back down the Beartooth in 2-3ft of snow. But Ive got to learn how to post that yet. It was packed niice for the first 1/2 mile then whooomp deep. Aired down to 8psi front and rear. Ended up checking it and I got 5.14mi up from the gate...not bad considering...

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pF180Qo4PM" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oX3OtrJJ6Qk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_D38s0Wlvxs" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  10. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    WOW I'm soooo still learning this PC....I've spent 4 hrs typing this post and lost everything TWICE.
    Guess I need to learn to use Microsoft Word or somth'n....
    Soooo here we go again

<IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLEgio0C-Xs?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=425 height=349 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Day 2 starts off much like day 1 ended, though the riding is monotonous the ride becomes about the people.
    I meet Bill at a Bob Evans while eating breakfast and he ask where I'm headed, I say Washington and he say's he was there in 1942! :eek1
    WoW a llittle while back, he say's he worked near Mt Raineer after leaving back East to go find out where his brother died. Turns out he was in a plane crash (Military I think) and the wreckage was not found for over 3 months until some hunter/hikers found it. Needless to say his family didn't rest easy for quite some time. Turns out he and I shared alot in common despite him being 84 (Dang fit too!)and me 45.
    Seems I continue to find that if you'll give someone a minute to tell their story, their alot like you...

As I'm roll'n along about 70mph (not my style.... this would last only a day more, tho I must say it was alot more comfortable riding with the temp's in the mid 20's) a car passes me in the hammer lane and in the passenger seat is a woman about 75yrs old knitting. I think as I watch them putter by....that woman wouldn't trade places with me EVEN IF you gave her the 30yrs back that she had on me, to live her life all over again! NO CHANCE, her in the comfort of a quite warm safe car and me on the bike mid 20deg air in my face :D this thot ammused me for a couple more miles.
    [​IMG]

I saw 2 bikes headed East, full dressers, we all waived at each other, then 2 dressed Hogs on a trailer headed someplace warm to ride like Arizona maybe? As I pulled up to the next Toll booth I ask the lady to bust on them a bit for me...:kat
    [​IMG]
    As your tooling along in the sub freezing temps you notice this part and that part that are bugging you a bit....a cold hand, a cool foot, a sleeve cuff not quite right with the jacket, wind penetrating a zipper maybe.
    Well on this day it's my left eye....since the accident 5 yrs ago my eye is pretty dang sensitive to airflow and cool temps. (I had Bells Palsy on the left side of my face for around a week, couldn't smile, close my eye, chew food, wink etc...had to put gell in my eye for moisture and do facial exercises to try and regain movement from the paralysis.)
    So I'm thinking that my right eye is as comfortable in my goggles as someone or something in a nice warm, still, glass enclosed porch on a sunny day. But my left eye feels like it's a Windvein whipping around on a North Dakota barn roof on a COLD windy January day. Blink... squint... blink repeat.

Next sight I saw evoked more thinking....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only sin you commit is when you go against yourself...forget your true nature and disconnect from the source.
    Alot of oganized religion comes across as having told us that you must suffer and toil all your earthly day's then after your death you'll recieve your reward and go to Heaven.:huh
    uuuuuh hmmmmmmmmm not so fast, your not born a sinner your born pure, free and with all your divinity in tact. After domestication your taught to fear, judge, etc...and seek God who is on a white cloud up there :gerg oh and it's only attainable if you do it OUR way...depending on which our your listening to.

Your already in touch with God because he/it/she? Is the force that causes your hand to open and close when you look at it, the flowers to bloom, the wind to move across a continent and caress your skin, its you, me, the air we breath, the water that falls from the sky and makes up 70+% of all living things.
    Luke 17:20
    Having been ask by the Pharisees.... when the kingdom of god would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come visibly, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God....IS within you."
    This goes along with the wisdom of other masters like Gutama the Buddha, Ueshiba, Chopra, Ruiz, Tolle, Endredy etc... and many more.

Heaven is now... it's a state of mind.
    If you can realize happiness, joy, acceptance of things the way they are, not the way you wish they were, you've found Heaven:norton
    If you've been stuck angry, resenting the world and those around you, been sad and suffering you've experienced hell.

I'd suggest finding and remembering your true self and joining me. I don't see any reason to wait till your on your death bed to wake up and get it. Do it now and start spreading the joy to others all the rest of your day's on this blue marble we call home.
    All ya gotta do is believe in yourself and reconnect.
    ooookay enough think'n for that day eh'

So then I met Nicole at the Simonton Lake Drive Inn est 1964, they still make their own rootbeer! woohoo I'll take a float please. The original owners used to live in the basement...it's about 22'x40' this is the 2nd Old Time Drive Inn I've seen riding the KLR in the last 6 mnths that make their own rootbeer...And I tried both...I havent had soda pop in over 15yrs but for these occations I feel it's neccesary.
    [​IMG]
    Who say's ya can't get Drive Inn service on your Enduro:dg
    [​IMG]

Then there was Jennifer from the Pilot I met while fueling and eating. (sorry no pic) Really cool chick she bowhunts the jumping Asian carp in the Illinois river. Also got a ticket for whitewater kayaking during flood stage closed water, and was in the back as I ate putting in for vacation to hike the last 28 miles of the Shawnee Trail of Tears. Again cool chick :thumb

False alarm :happay
    This cop was nice enough to follow a guy into the plaza and let him piss before he wrote him...Pretty cool
    [​IMG]

Ok so 550 miles into the day and 95mi after Jennifer I pull ino Tipton
    Iowa for fuel and liquid at a Kum-n-Go. I take the bike off the center stand and she want's to lay down... Flat rear 606 Hmmmm.... Ya know I'm tired BUT I THOT the bike had a funny feel the last 95mi.....Duh you skipped checking the pressure at the last stop dude! And your lucky it all worked out.
    Well there's free air and good lighting woohoo hear goes :)
    3 nicks and 1 puncture from the studs (I knew I was pushing it with the stud length but it was all they had at the time) off and spare tube in, in less than 30 minutes. woohoo. Wait......it won't take air wellll it was an old one with a patch from Alaska. Nope pinched it! :flush dang only the second pinched tube in the last 18 tire swaps. So off again and a patch applied (it's a balmy 25deg by the way) hit it with air POP bead seats and up she goes... :clap But wait she's losing air slowly...aaah man.... OK I didn't wanna do this but in goes the spare front tube, that oughta give me LOT'S a room to miss the tube right????? Yup pop bead seats and she holds air WHEW. The quick change has turned into 2hrs LOL I'm goin down the road a short piece and gett'n some shut eye!
    <IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P-Dw44wlCAA" frameBorder=0 width=420 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Another mandatory pretty girl pic... :vikingMy Sexy girl Sherri and Sexy too Wendy her best friend from earlier post...
    [​IMG]
  11. Butthead 1000

Butthead 1000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo Jim, Good to see a recent post. Was begining to wonder. Beartooth this early is dicey, if not fatal. Do not stress on posting photos as much as enjoying the ride, then share the adventure, with the fellow inmates.
  12. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kJB02JWp5Oo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok we're still just gett'n along to the good stuff so I'll try to speed it up a bit.
    So i wake the next morning it's about 19deg out have a motel cofee and as I'm lubing the chain I notice or should I say don't notice the masterllink clip....so on with a spare then off to Iowa City for food and a rear tire.
    [​IMG]
    150 mi later I pull up to the Bluebird Diner, (off Mkt St) a busy mornig but worth the wait!... (lotsa Super CUTE Waitresses - dang no pics :baldy ) great food and the host seater guy/ owner Tommy is way cool. Place has a nice vibe kinda like Bellingham Wa and many other kick towns. I didn't notice the girl in the yellow shirt waving till now
    [​IMG]
    As I ask a Hot waitress what Tommy's name is for thr RR I get a tap on the shoulder..."Jim...Jim"...yea Tommy "your bike just took a tumble" :eek1 Out to put the centerstand down this time!! Luckily the GoPro doesn't get knocked off the helmet...Wow about 75 people watching me... Mr Smooooth I flick it up like it weighs 200lb not 600lbs then wipe off gear, check helmet and GoPro, clean fuel from tank and even wipe up the pavement :1drinkNice M/C guy's eh!

Then google up a Tire, turns out Gina's BMW (Three Escort lane just off Hwy 1) has a karroo that'l fit so off to meet Sue and Gary who hooked me up and were real freindly. as I'm check'n on a new tube too, Butch Jones tell's me of some cheap KLR's in Illinois. (If any of you know where I can score 32 newer KLR's still under Warranty I need em!!! Met a cool dude from Germany last year who want's to start a tour company in North and South America)
    [​IMG]
    Then on to des Moines where I find a Sears where Rick Campbell (Fellow inmate Butthead 1000) let's me get outta the wind to change the Rotella. Real cool and hardcore long distance rider who has done a coupl'a 1200 AND 1500mi Ironbutts in 24hrs. On an ST if I remember right, we both talk about riding our rear tires to the cords a few times with no fear and no harm done :wink: he say's the 1500 was harder than he thot after the 1200 seemed much easier.

Then call it a day at the local Day's Inn and Bar/ Restuarant ( off 8th st south of I-235) Rick recomended where Lauren hooks me up totally with a room 25ft from the Q-BBQ and an outside door to visit with Desiree' when I get lonely :rogue.
    [​IMG]
    I pull the KLR onto the sidewalk 3ft from the room door and wash the clothes in the sink, make a cool dry'n rack over the heater and off for beer and BBQ. Planning to have a gooood long day 2mro.
    My waitess/host for the night is the Stunning Catlin. At first I sit at the bar...then after 2 minutes I realize I'm uncomfortable aaand it's manned by a dude!:huh I ask Catlin if I can have a booth to stretch out in and work on the RR. + I get her as my waitress as a bonus...I'm in Heaven baby:rayof shown here w/ her favorite pic in the place. A blues or Jazz singer rather I think, that the name excapes me...
    [​IMG]

Her Beauty and spirit were so powerful that I had a hard time breaking eye contact with her when she would walk by... And when she walked away from me, her french braid hair and Suuweeet Derrier fought for the attention of my eyes :raabia aaaah It's good to be a man young in Spirit and not afraid to share your feelings with people.
    Gotta say if your ever in Iowa City or des Moines...these places have treated me GREAT! Of course some of your own possitive energy will be required to make the recipe work...
  13. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    I wake up and My girl Sherri has told me that a storm is aproaching from the west and I should head north to avoid it.
    I didn't mind the thot of a storm...after all that's why I chose to stud the tires and do some condition testing anyway.
    I was gonna go west to near Freemont Nebraska then head up to rt20 and ride secondary roads toward Jackson Hole. So I do some muscle testing and decide to go ahead and go north to Souix Falls then decide from there wether to go west or onto Fargo then west...

I get maybe 60mi west and can't take the Super Slab any more, so I get off at a remote exit and hit a dirt road for a few miles :1drink
    This is more like it I can feel more attatched to the land and meet more interesting people. I end up cutting the corner to near I-29 then after about 10mi of that I get off and parallel it on back roads to Souix Falls

I stop at the Border Fare near Harlan if I am correct, for some Mex Chow and of course more interesting converstion with folks you wouldn't expect to have ever ridden
    [​IMG]
    An old boy farmer and his wife tell me about there son who bought a '51 Harley back before going to Vietnam and that he still has it as well as others. The old boy used to ride alot too.... He looked more like a Pharmacist...I really know never to judge anyone, but find it must be more deeply ingrained in me to assume, than I thot.
    Another couple who rode (I could tell by his Harley jacket :D) had more to offer to the mornings color.

I end up riding the Loess Hills scenic byway for a while and past old farms and people waving hello. I pull into the Union Grove State park to fix a broken hose clamp on the tool tubes and lube the chain again. Plus take the chill off as it's been about 21 all morning.

[​IMG]
    I get to Soiux Falls at 4:30 and have dinner at the truck stop, the waitress/waiters and I watch the end of the Las Vegas race together and I call my pop to say hello, as we usually spend Sundays together eating and with the Race on to fill the gaps. It's taken 7.5 hrs to go from Des Moines to Souix Falls, not exactly blazing but funner than high speed I-state.

From Souix Falls it's 360mi to Rapid City, I see that the storm is gonna meet up with me no matter how much farther North I go.... So let's head this rig West!
    The first 100mi I'm doin about 80mph and making great time then the next 20mi I start to hit light snow. I still hold to around 72-75mph, no biggie. I stop for fuel at Kennebec ( Though in the back of my mind I'm thinking of leaving the tank run low so Desiree's not so top heavy) I ignore my conscious and fill up :huh
    This is where I spend an hour-plus talking to Kristin about life in general and she tells me about her self getting her medical degree. Her family and their views on life, as well as her future sis-n-law and her struggles. I give alot of my life experiences to relate to the sis, then say hey wait I've gotta couple of books that may help her to wake up and smell the flowers. I find that I can relate to moooost people (not all but most) in that I've been down ALOT of the same roads as them and have always been open to learning, + I'm not afraid to admit my past follies, fights, frustration, fit's of rage and success's either.
    I like her style
    [​IMG]
    This is where I drop the helmet and knock the GoPro off too...dang oh well no biggie I've got some concentrat'n to do anyway. As I pull out I test the traction some and it's slicker than an hour ago when I arrived I can spin the rear at will and lock it up easy. But if I'm smooth it feels ok. (note: I have the front still studded but the rear has been bare rubber since Tipton Iowa) It's blow'n outta the S.West about 25-40mph easy and snow'n and sleat'n harder and harder now...
    I get roll'n about 72mph again then see a semi ahead....well I pick it up to about 75 since I can't seem to stand any one in front or behind me since my old motocross days. LOL been a bit of a curse... hahaha if you figure all the tickedts I've paid thru the years. But hey it's my nature I guess.
    So as I'm closing the gap I cross an overpass and the rear kicks out a bit :eek1 WHOA back 'er down ther Johnny...I decide not to pass the truck and just cruise along (tho I don't really scrub off much speed still 65-72)
    Well the next over pass she 's REALLY squirelly and in an instant I'm down and slid'n....one instant I see the bikes headlight, the next I see a tractor trailer coming my way, then the bike, then the tractor....I'm slid'n on my side a few revolutions then roll onto my stomach... I can hear the tractor try'n to slow by engine braking, but he can't scrub much speed or he'll be in the same boat as me!

Finally me and Dessiree' slide to a stop, her on the edge of the median me in the middle of both lanes. I run over to her, her headlight is facing back toward the tractor/trailer so I wave my hands in front of the light so the trucker can see where I am and not worry about running me over. He goes by a few seconds after I get to the bike having slowed a bit but not much.
    I pick her up, survey the damage and head on a little more cautious than before :shog
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8VKtJGRnoL8" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    The next exit to Pierre I pull off and Maaaan it's slick no front brake at all, and you just roll to a stop. I pull to the gas station, wish I had left the fuel level low as I'd thot :deal And decide to put in the rest of the studs I had left. About 40 long ones and 12 scooter style like in the front tire. I put 6 more in the front center and 46 in the rear. Though I can only stud the outer edges since the middle is so warn down... maaaybe I shoulda put on that new karroo after all huh? Well I wanted to use up all the 606 that I could so here I am.
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Q6-Tha9g4U" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R7T5LqlGsPg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Sooo now we're hav'n fun :clap I roll down the road at between 30-40mph for bout 62mi before pulling off at the Kadoka exit and the Badlands travel center. It's here I meet Tim the cool Native American. I'm all pumped up with adrenaline and good energy.
    We B.S. for over an hour while I eat and have some coffee, I bring up my view of the Natives being Wild creatures who hunt/gathered and lived in harmony with nature. While moving around to survive following animal migrations and plant growth to survive for CENTURIES. Then the takers (our culture) sailed over and after a short time overran them and put them onto reservations....AND then for decades wondered why the alchohol abuse, lethargacy, and other to them/us unexplainable behaviors occured...WELL NO SHIT you took a Wild Creature and caged it up...the way of life they had known and adapted to (Evolution of a species) had suddenly ceased.
    .......................................................................................................................
    .......................................................................................................................
    Think about it folks it doesn't take a genius to figure it out...Yada yada yada.

[​IMG]

I run the shoulder cause it's got better traction, the road is pure glaze ice and the shoulder snow encrusted sleet on top of ice, much better traction. After 100mi or so as the snow got deeper I started to pass everyone instead of them passing me. Just 2 rigs pass me back, it looked funny passing Jeeps and semi's though you were constantly aware that another slide like earlier could very well put you into the rail or under a a rig! Exilerating/Rush to say the LEAST! At one point the left hammer lane was the best traction when it had 3-6" of snow in it. Then the rumble strip was best...you could crack it open and hook up really good...just that the left right edges would get you squirelly if you couldn't stay dead nuts center (hard to do with a 40mph side wind LOL) Then it got too deep to see the strips anyway.
    Overall the shoulder was best. If you ever get into this situation...remember to pull in the clutch and roll across all bridges and edge transitions...I did for the next 166mi.

Gotta add a view/opinion while at this point...The #%@*^^ calcium they put down to supposedly clear the lane so we can all forget it's snowing and travel at light speed....doesn't just rot our rigs away (Nice huh???) and foul up our ecosystems...it isn't always worth a crap! This night was a prime example...the unsprayed shoulders were much better, the sprayed road a 1/2" sheet of ice. Remember when we'd just let it pack up and spread some sand on it... like some of the Northern snomobiling parts of the country still do...plenty of traction then..ok back on track.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MUj12WSyPIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    By the time I was into the groove I was passing rigs at 45-50mph in the hammer lane or on the shoulder mostly (best traction!) 1/2" of ice and 2-6" of snow. It WAS deffinately rushy with the cheese grater 2' to the right and the rumble strip 2' to the left....knowing if you go down it's either get chewed up or ran over...take your pick.
    Slip slid'n awaaay...slip slid'n awaaay
    You know the nearer your destination the more you slip slid'n away.

But ya know after all the adrenaline rushes today, and the energy they give me ,that I in turn share with all I meet...The BEST part of both days was really... the People I shared life, love and stories with as we realized we are one and the same.
    I end up roll'n into Rapid City at around 5a.m. a long fun night. I B.S. the guy at the truckstop with a coffee after refueling, just shaking with adrenaline then across the way to get a room for a nap and a nights sleep 2mro night.
    Sara hooks me up with a sweet 2 night deal, there's a restuarant/bar/waterpark in the building. I just go eat and get a beer. As I'm chatting up Kendra on 0 sleep again I find out that she went to B.U. (Bloomsburg University) the town I live in and one of her best friends worked for one of my best friends Jen on the right with Christine...another pair of hotties...
    [​IMG]
    who runs the recreation center...Small world! Kendra moved from Reading, Pa. and digs it out here. Sorry no pic again ...and she was cute too:baldy

Didn't end up getting any other pics other than a tire pic after I swapped them out finally in the warmth of the room, I was BEAT!
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Fixified your thread title as per your request..

dood... that's a lot of hard ass riding! thanks for the blow by blow... and be sure to add a few more purrrty goils! :sweeti

:lurk
  15. ranadrew

ranadrew Guest

The only sin you commit is when you go against yourself...forget your true nature and disconnect from the source.
    Oganized religion has told us that you must suffer and toil all your earthly day's then after your death you'll recieve your reward and go to Heaven.:huh
    uuuuuh hmmmmmmmmm not so fast, your not born a sinner your born pure, free and with all your divinity in tact. After domestication your taught to fear, judge, etc...and seek God who is on a white cloud up there :gerg oh and it's only attainable if you do it OUR way...depending on which our your listening to.

Your already in touch with God because he/it/she? Is the force that causes your hand to open and close when you look at it, the flowers to bloom, the wind to move across a continent and caress your skin, its you, me, the air we breath, the water that falls from the sky and makes up 70+% of all living things.
    Luke 18:20
    Having been ask when the kingdom of god would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come visibly, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God....is within you."
    This goes along with the wisdom of other masters like Gutama the Buddha, Ueshiba, Chopra, Ruiz, Tolle, Endredy etc... and many more.

Heaven is now... it's a state of mind.
    If you can realize happiness, joy, acceptance of things the way they are, not the way you wish they were, you've found Heaven:norton
    If you've been stuck angry, resenting the world and those around you, been sad and suffering you've experienced hell.

I'd suggest finding and remembering your true self and joining me. I don't see any reason to wait till your on your death bed to wake up and get it. Do it now and start spreading the joy to others all the rest of your day's on this blue marble we call home.
    All ya gotta do is believe in yourself and reconnect.
    ooookay enough think'n for that day eh'

FUCK!NG AMEN BROTHER!

16. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    :wink:
    Thanx GB and gots more Purrty Giils com'n up :wink:
    May report on Brand'n the calves 2day for a change of pace LOL:roflLotsa fun...
  17. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Glad ta hear another voice in the wilderness!:freaky
  18. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Try riding a couple thousand miles with this kind of attitude and NOT taking some of it on, through osmosis or otherwise. It's a fantastic state of mind, man.
  19. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Glad I rubbed off on ya a leetle bit my brotha!:wink:
  20. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dO1rMeYnOmM?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

So the day dawns overcast and cold as usual for this trip...I call it the Montana tuck because it seems like I'm always in a full tuck fight'n STRONG headwinds when I roll thru here...this is when I averaged 27mpg ouch!
    I change out the Old 606 with the new Karroo, it's quite a bit shorter like 3/4"-1"than the 606 sooo I'm glad I made the kickstand adjustable.
    [​IMG]
    I lower it 4 turns bag up the old studs and roll twd Spearfish..
    I found a cool spot to eat and hang out a couple years ago and I wanna stop in again...Rushmore Mountain Sports, the Alpine Coffee Company is connected so you get great chow aaand Mtn bikes, climbing gear, boards etc....:1drinkAgain Great food and another Beauty...
    This is Rachael my cute/hot :evil cook and bs partner for the A.M.
    [​IMG]
    I head west on 34 to 212 in Bell Fourche it's 31deg by the time i get to Hammond it's 47deg:eek1 then by Broaduss it's 51!! wow now I'm peel'n layers this is the warmest the first time above freez'n cept for a short mile or two in the trip:clap
    And the sun peeks out WooooHoooo
    [​IMG]
    As Im cruising thru the Custer NF near just East of Ashland, I see a kiddo on a 4Wheeler someth'n tells me to turn around... so as I do he see's me and does the same doing a couple donuts before pulling up
    [​IMG]
    I tell him I'm doing this report and I wanna put his picture on the net... cute smiling little guy...
    He tells me his name is Cody
    [​IMG]
    My favorite pic so far, such happiness in his face

Ok gotta go I'll catch up 2mro Ma Wife just landed at the Airpoirt gotta go pic her up and get this surgery done at 5:30 2mro morning (removing the plate)