P-40 Warhawk Decals (Shark Teeth)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by War Hammer, Feb 8, 2010.

1. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    Custom designed, reflective P-40 Warhawk graphics. I specifically designed these to fit 1000 and 650 V-Stroms, but they will work with other bikes as well. The graphics are printed on high-quality 3M reflective vinyl, and then laminated with a clear protective layer. The entire graphic is reflective, not just the white parts, and they REALLY light up at night! This is the same material used on police and emergency vehicles and it is really tough stuff. It is rated to last for 7-8 years with daily exposure (think how much time a police car spends out in the weather), so their lifespan on a garage-kept motorcycle would be very long. The vinyl also has the "air release" feature, which makes installing them without getting air bubbles very easy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prices include shipping anywhere in the US. PM me for international shipping rates.
    4-piece set (teeth and eyes) - $90
    6-piece set (teeth, eyes & stars) - $100
    Payment accepted via Paypal, check or money order (with appropriate wait for check to clear).
    The other decals on my bike (bomb runs, jet intake, ejection seat, battle damage, no step, rescue, oval American flags) availabe upon request.
    BT4Stroke likes this.
  2. Moab

Moab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is great! i found this because I was actually looking for a warhawk design idea for me KLR :)
    Go figure

Are you familiar with the klr? would this design work? Also, how do you remove stock decals?

Moab-:eek1
  3. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    I PMed you with my phone number. Give me a call and we'll talk about size and see what I can work out for you. I designed the graphics specifically to fit the V-Strom, but I'm sure we can come up with something to fit your KLR. I'll just need some measurements off of your bike.

As for removing the old graphics: Just heat them with a hair dryer and peel them off. Never use anything other than your fingernails to scrape at them. If you're lucky, they'll pretty much come off in one piece. If not, just be patient and keep peeling until all the little pieces come off. Remove the adhesive residue with Goof Off, Goo Gone or a similar adhesive remover. Finally, wash the bike with soap and water, then wipe down with rubbing alcohol and let air dry. Now you're ready to install the new graphics.
  4. midknightbmw

midknightbmw n00b

Oddometer:
    Ant chance there are any of these graphics left? I would like to put some on my BMW R1100RSL.:evil
  5. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    Sure, just PM me.
  6. NxtPlato

NxtPlato Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would love to see how this looks on the KLR.
  7. MommysLittleMonster

MommysLittleMonster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is too cool if you have photos of them on other bike i would love to see them
  8. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks great. Would not look right (or seem right) on my BMW RT. I would need a Luftwaffe Messerschmitt version.
  9. OldPete

OldPete Be aware

Oddometer:
    +1 to the above. :D

For your info OP... http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/tiger1.htm
  10. GSman of La Mancha

GSman of La Mancha So!? My dog loves me...

Oddometer:
    I get yer point.... But, in WWII, the most often encountered Messerschmit was the 109.... It had an inverted V, 12 cylinder, water cooled, in-line engine.... Now, the Focke-Wulf 190 had an aircooled radial engine and many (all? Most?) of these were made by BMW. I believe it was an 18 cyclinder engine.

Incidentally, the 109 was referred to as the "bollen pest" becuase of all the the boil like protrusions on it. The 190 was called the Butcher Bird. Both great planes but I think radial engines had better survivability overall. I think the 190 was a better looking plane.

As with bikes, the skill of the pilot is key. Good riders can go fast through twisties on just about anything. The winner of a dogfight was most often determined by the quality of the pilot and not so much the quality of the airplane (within limits of course... I doubt if a great pilot could have done well in a Wright Flyer during WWII :).

The 109 and the R12GS do seem to have much in common re looks (and performance).:dutch
  11. Ri-Ra

Ri-Ra Burgeoning

Oddometer:
    Very nice. :thumb

If my strom wasn't orange, I would be all over this. As it is, I'll have to think on it a bit...
  12. Motojournalism

Motojournalism motojournalism.com

Oddometer:
    the 14 year-old kid in me loves this idea:D

ME-109 for the BMW, like this?:evil
    [​IMG]
  13. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I don't have any pics of the graphics on other bikes, just Stroms so far.
  14. Sanders

Sanders Stogiesuckingsinglemalter

Oddometer:
    Confluence of the Mississippi and the St. Croix
    AB-POS

LOL!! :eek1 :lol3
  15. midknightbmw

midknightbmw n00b

Oddometer:
    look up Squadron ZG76 WWII Me 110 destroyer squadron. They had the Sharks teeth.
  16. 98KLRinPI

98KLRinPI n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi War Hammer,

I just have to have a set for my 98 KLR650 that is about 2 hours south of Manila. If you make me up a set, I will also buy a Strom Set. The Strom Set will either be a X-Mas Gift to a fellow rider in PI with a '05 DL1000 OR I may save the Strom Set in case I find a Wee in PI.

PM sent
    I really want to Scare the Locals :eek1 at night. But what's really Scary is that I turn 62 in fourteen days! But I also get my Social Security-Yahoo

Regards to All here.
    Chris - With only 37 days left in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia :beer
  17. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    I also have some "detail" stickers available. These have the cool little warnings that you see all over mititary planes.
    [​IMG]
    The sheet comes with:
    2 - no step
    2 - ejection seat
    2 - rescue
    1 - jet intake
    The price for this set is $40, plus $5 shipping in the US. No shipping is charged if these are ordered with other graphics.
  18. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    OK guys, we're working on a version of the teeth and eyes for the KLR right now. Just give me about a week or so.
  19. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    Yes, they are still available. I'll get back to you with a price on the bombs.
  20. Juvat

Juvat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like your dark OD paintjob on the bike "WarHammer" I've been thinking gloss OD for my bike since I bought it. Being a retired Air Force guy it has a great deal of appeal to me. :evil