Rumble's Ride. Byrock to Springsure

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Rumble, May 14, 2010.

1. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well my first RR so go easy on me!!!!!

Plan A. Will the floods came and so did Plan A

Plan B. Decide if I need a Plan

Plan C. Ride to Byrock Honda Vee Twin Rally for April 24th then ride for a week somewhere to Springsure Rally the following weekend. Done!:evil

After a couple weeks getting bike and gear sorted it's time to leave, Thursday 22nd head to Toowoomba and stay at cousin Stuart's and get a couple hundred km start for Friday

[​IMG]

Friday 23rd leave Toowoomba 7.30am and head for Walgett and camp around there. Got down to Inglewood and saw Hodgo on the side of road. Stopped for a talk and ended up riding with him and other, being Phil Fong, ObeO1, Motylek.

[​IMG]

So the five of us we rode, Goondiwindi, Boomi, Mungindi, Collarenbri, Carinda for the night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sat morning and only 2 hour ride to Byrock and met up with others. Too busy talking and drinking to take photo's but got a couple sunday morning of AT's. So, Sunday morning and now to make my Daily plan on where to ride. I want to get to Cameron Corner sometime in my trip but roads north still closed, Roads west still closed,
    Head south then west, ahhhh as never being this far west before better go to Broken Hill, Silverton (Jimkat told me)Left Byrock with Sydney Steve and Wilson for Cobar

[​IMG]

Then to Broken Hill and Silverton for the night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monday 26th. Daily Plan Ride to Cameron Corner.
    Left Silverton and headed north to Eldee, Wilangee, Teilta, Floods creek and the Silver City HWY, Tibooburra, Cameron Corner.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting Closer
    [​IMG]

Started to get a little tired so stopped at Fort Grey for the night and get to CC in the morning. Gotta love bush camping.

[​IMG]
    No not coffee in Thermos, Wild Turkey,
    [​IMG]

Tuesday 27th. THE BIG ONE. My 50th b/day and what a place to be:ricky :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come soon
  2. outback jack

outback jack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great way to spend a 50th, had we have known a cake would have been forthcoming at Springsure with a pop up blonde inside :lol3 I love that bash plate Rumble "battle scarred beauty". I was quite impressed with the Transalp on the dirt and the Professor's 1150 Beamer. Or was it just good skills ?:wink: Anyway back to the topic, let's see some more!
  3. Nicko W-S

Nicko W-S Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. Thorne

Thorne Sherpa-ing around

Oddometer:
    Great Start:lurk
  5. barra

barra trying to get there

Oddometer:
    That's a bit of an adventure you had. Didn't relise you took the long way to springsure. More pics if you have them please.
  6. Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes Yowie Chaser

Oddometer:
    G'day Brent, great ride their mate :thumb

Good to see Sydney Steve gracing the pages of the Adv site.
  7. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now where was I, Ahh CC. Well left CC for ride to Tibooburra for a cooked b/day breaky and find out road reports. North to Noccundra open, east to Wanaaring open. Took to the east as it meant more riding so plan for day was get to Currawinga NP for the night.
    [​IMG]
    Cooked breaky for b/day
    [​IMG]
    More flat tracking roads to wind the throttle up. Yeeh haw:ricky
    [​IMG]
    First bit of flooding on way to Wanaaring
    [​IMG]
    Little wash out, not bad. Got into Wanaaring for fuel top up and they could only give me 10 litres as road to Bourke still closed. Next up to Hungerford
    [​IMG]
    Back into Queensland.
    Stopped for fuel and few cans of Jimmy Beam and cake. No cake so Cake of Chocolate instead then to camp spot up the road.
    [​IMG]
    Looks good so far
    [​IMG]
    Getting quick at making camp now. Ourimperee Waterhole
    [​IMG]
    B/day treats. Not showing how many cans I got.:dutch
    [​IMG]
    Nice night, or is that the Jimmy talking.:dunno
    Morning of 28th April. :cromag Planning time for today:scratch
    Head north, roads open to 4WD only to Eulo. No worries.
    [​IMG]
    On road to Eulo. Not much flooding and could drive a Mini along this road.
    4WD only!! Eulo here I come. Got there Fuel and rat pack(pie) for breaky then thought I that a ride out to a billabong. MISTAKE 1 for the day.
    [​IMG]
    4 metres off the black stuff and this. GREAT!!!:baldy Take a deep breath and look for shade.
    [​IMG]
    Ohh well get to try out this stand I made the day I left home.
    [​IMG]
    Works great and the bike solid as bro.:evil
    [​IMG]
    Puncture repaired and onto Quilpie. Turned right 18 km out of Eulo and head for Toompine then to Quilpie
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, gotta love the landscape
    Not far out of Quilpie. MISTAKE 2. Stop next time.
    [​IMG]
    The left overs from a Emu. Yeah I know!! Anyway 6 of the fu--ers cross in front of me, I slow down to 30km and think they are clear when 1 decide to backtrack, loses footing and hits the deck right in front of me. Now still on the brakes and knowing there is no way out it's on the gas to ride over it and keep the bike straight and upright.:knary
    Stopped on side of road to check front wheel cause it took a hard hit but all OK. Next the Emu. Still taking a rest while a 4WD pulls up to see if I'm Ok the bloody Emu gets up looks at me and takes off minus a bit of skin and a few feathers.
    [​IMG]
    Bike OK
    Onto Quilpie and find a replace spare tube from earlier on. Next find camp spot for the night. 35km out of Quilpie on little dirt road heading to Adavale.

[​IMG]
    Bulloo River.
    [​IMG]
    Fire for one.
    [​IMG]
    Next day Plan :cromag Longreach. OK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey!!! That me.:evil
    [​IMG]
    On way to Blackall, Isisford, llfracombe, Longreach.
    [​IMG]
    One night of shame. Got a cabin at IIfracombe to clean myseft up. Now this is not a bad place to stay. Happy hour where all the campers get together for a met and greet and the owners put on a few nibbles and a bit of bush poetry and jokes. A great night. Checked out the Machinery Mile in town.
    Next day plan. Friday 30th. Longreach, Qantas Museum, Muttaburra and head for Springsure.
    [​IMG]
    Only water crossing ( if you can call it that ) on whole trip from the floods was on my way to Muttaburra. Great road.
    [​IMG]
    Muttaburra road was still being worked on. Now Mistake 3. Forgot the charger for the camera so now outta power and no more photo's :baldy
    Just to finish off and not to leave you hanging, afew more lines to fill in my trip.
    Muttaburra to Barcaldine to Alpha on the black stuff. Boring but, well :becca
    Turned right at Alpha and head for Tambo but turn left 163km from Alpha onto Developmental Road and look for a place to bush camp. The night of dingo's as a few packs howling around me but not close. Another bush moment to remember. Next morning ride to Springsure. This road was closed when I left home so was hoping it was open now. No closed signs on road so all go. Rocked into Springsure early so did a bit of riding around the countryside and run into Mickldo and his band of merry men. Great time had at Springsure and left there 1pm Sunday for ride home. Plan ride home:cromag Mickldo said something about Arcada so that will do. Great dirt road down and 1 more creek crossing. Got down to Expedition NP camping ground for last night of bush camping. Next morning onto Injune, Roma, Chinchilla, Murgon, Jima, Imbil, Sunny Coast (home ) when it was raining for the first time on my trip.
    All up, 12 days, 5896 kms, 1 puncture, 1 Emu , 1 small crash.( Didn't tell you earlier. Only time that I rode to slow, soft sand got me.) A great time and meeting some neat people at both Rallies. You know who you are so thanks and we will meet again. DONE!!!:knary

ENJOY OR TRASH:evil
  8. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can I still get the blonde:evil And it's all skill and bullshit:ricky
  9. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah gotta get Steve to sign up. We have already named him Sydney Steve on your trip and I told him so. Need to apply more pressure on him.:evil
  10. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Good stuff man. Great effort for your first RR.

Was wondering about some of those areas out there you covered after Hungerford etc. Cows got me at hungerford.

I missed the frigging crazy emus though. Phil had a close call. But just goes to show how unpredictable the f*ckers are hey.

Remember your spare bats for the camera next time.

Good stuff. See ya on the next one man.
  11. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Hodgo, you only like it cause there's a pic of you:poser :poser :poser
  12. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    Love it big man .... keep it coming and will catch up with you soon mate ... great RR :thumb
  13. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    Fantastic mate :clap

That's some feat! Dunno if I could do that on my own :eek1

Great report fella:thumb:thumb
  14. Mickldo

Mickldo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rumble

Great RR. :clapIt was good to meet you at Springsure and I have been looking forward to this RR since you told me about where you had been during that week. I hope to catch up with you again for another ride. You're going to OCR aren't you?
  15. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:

sure am going to OCR. Got 2 days off before weekend and the week after for a bit more riding out that way:evil
  16. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    Just out of interest ... what day are you planning on coming home from the OCR bigman :lurk
  17. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Martin, Not sure yet. just getting over this one. Maybe the Sat 21st. Need day to recover for work. What u thinkin?:evil
  18. Mickldo

Mickldo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great. I'll see you there.

I have the week before and after off.:clap
  19. Jason1200GS

Jason1200GS Bitumen escapee

Oddometer:
    That was a great trip mate, happy belated birthday!
    Good to meet you at Springsure, hope to catch you again at another rally some time.
    Woody.
  20. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great effort for the first RR.
    Some nice country and pics.
    Thanks for sharing

Rob