Page 104, Rider Magazine

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by McRuss, Jun 4, 2013.

1. McRuss

McRuss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not a prolific poster here, nor do I consider myself either a great photographer or a brilliant writer. But last year on a whim, I wrote up the Three Twisted Sisters (RR335 ,336 and 337 in Central Texas) with a few photos and submitted it to Rider Magazine for their Favorite Ride of the month. Imagine my surprise when they accepted it for publication! Mark Tuttle had me take a few more and different photos than I first submitted so I HAD to ride the Sisters four times, taking a wide variety of pictures, before we were both satisfied. Then I was told the article would be posted sometime in the next 12 to 18 months. So yesterday a friend called to tell me he saw the article in the current issue of the mag. I hadn't received mine yet but hurried home to find it in the mailbox. Slightly edited but pretty much intact, there was MY story. So if you don't take Rider, your loss. But in a couple months you can visit their website and read it there.
  2. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I saw it, and read it. Congratulations on the publication!

I cracked up cause I recently met up for breakfast and a little riding with two buddies, both of whom ride Harley's. I made sure I rode my KLX, just to turn the screws on these guys.

For those that haven't seen the article, McRuss has his KLR are pictured with two big Harley's and one big Kawi. Classic photo!:clap

Congratulations again, nice write up & pics!
  3. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer:
    Cool for you!
    An inmate makes good!
    Congrats,
    -ceej
  4. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    That figures. I just allowed my subscription to lapse last month. Good on you, McRuss.
  5. HappyCRNA

HappyCRNA Athletic Supporter

Oddometer:
    I saw it and enjoyed!!
    :clap
  6. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'll be picking up a copy, i just rode thought there a few weeks ago.

Hope to get back there someday