Maggie Valley Motel?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by klaviator, Aug 26, 2009.

1. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got a small group planning a 6 day dual sport ride 5-10 October. We'll do 3 days riding out of Andrews, NC then move to Maggie Valley. Any recomendations for an inexpensive Motel in Maggie valley.[​IMG] We'll need parking for Trucks and a trailer in addition to the bikes.
  2. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    The only one I can think of is Smoky Falls Lodge..
    I think that's the name... They are on the main drag...
  3. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    Apple Cover Inn ... Derrik and his wife both ride and are great hosts ... wonderful people ...
  4. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    +1

We were there last year when the Valkarie club was coming in for a rally. The prices were very reasonable, the restaraunt was AWESOME, as was the staff. They were cool with us cooking out on the creek out back of the hotel too.

In all, it was one of my favorite places to stay. I can't recommend it more highly.

- Jimmy
  5. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    Hey SRMN8R (Jimmy)...
    That's why I knew about that motel I was @ The Valk ride this year "thumb
  6. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    I was "bikeless" at the time, and everyone welcomed us with open arms. Very good group of folks. I didn't have a second thought for my son's safety as he wandered around looking at all of the bikes, and talking with strangers who seemed like family.

And again... the lodge is GREAT! They even have a HUGE carport to park the bikes under, and provide clean towels for you to detail your bike!