star tron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by evanphoto, Jan 14, 2013.

1. evanphoto

evanphoto May G-d bless Evel

Oddometer:
    what do you'll think of star tron to fight the effects of ethanol? my dealer said it is a must. comments?
  2. evanphoto

Oddometer:
    I do not like to use any fuel additives, but this seems real?? comments??
  3. Wasser

Wasser Spilt my beer

Oddometer:
    Of course your dealer said you should buy some from him.

You could also buy a can of Coleman fuel from Walmart and have almost the same thing.

A can of naphtha.

If your worried about ethanol, use a station that doesn't carry it. LINKY
  4. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  5. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you get Top Tier gasoline it is supposed to be better blended than the regular stuff, and is recommended by BMW.

If you can get ethanol free that is better but at least this stuff is better than the federal minimum

Rod
  6. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    The same guys on here making fun of Startron use are posting in another thread about their fuel pump failures and clogged carbs:eek1. The stuff actually works very well. We put it in a Vino scooter and it sat for 8 mos. in 100deg temps in my shed. The old gas in it fired on the second kick last week:clap. You be the judge if untreated Ethanol fuel would do as well.
  7. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    90K+ miles on my bike and never once used StarTron and NEVER had a single problem with Carbs or Fuel Pump.
  8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    5 years in an 8,000 watt generator my dad had & that I set up for him. Third pull start.

Think long term storage with that stuff.

If your bike is not real old, just ride it. But then, you don't say what year or model MC it is.

Only add this stuff right before you want to leave it sit for a while.
  9. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    It's fuel stabilizer. Just Like Sta-Bil. Except, with a ton more marketing hype. Originally sold to boaters, known for having deep pockets... they realized a huge untapped market in powersports. Use it to store, the rest of the time, it offers no benefit... unless a lighter wallet affords you higher top speed. :rofl
  10. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have absolutely no clue how much it helps, but everyone of my bikes and generators have some amount in the tanks at all times all year long.
  11. concours

Oddometer:
    Great idea for seldom used stuff.
  12. fast4d

fast4d Long timer

Oddometer:
    I couldn't find startron so I bought lucas ethanol fuel treatment.
  13. Range Motorsport

Range Motorsport Junk collector

Oddometer:

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. Startron can convert phase separated fuel into a burnable fuel. Your sta-bil can't do that. Please quit posting your stupid non-knowledgeable remarks in these threads.
  14. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
    I put a shot of Startron in the tank and top it off with fresh gas before storing the metal-tanked bikes for the winter. They start right up like I rode them yesterday in the spring. Is it the Startron? I don't know, but I'm not messing with success. The bikes with plastic tanks get the tank and carb drained.
  15. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    Big fan of SeaFoam... with 6 bikes and lousy winters, some of my bikes sit for weeks/months without moving. Gonna try some Startron for the added "Ethanol" treatment it claims.
  16. evanphoto

Oddometer:
    my dealer doesn't even sell the stuff. relax, i am not talking about gumout, it is an additive that lucas oil sells, too.
    Ethanol / E10 fuels increase the amounts of water and sludge in your fuel tank.
    Star Tron breaks down this excess water and sludge to sub-micron size allowing it to be safely burned away during normal engine operation.
    Therefore Star Tron prevents phase separation and fuel gelling, eliminating ethanol fuel problems.
    :deal
  17. evanphoto

Oddometer:
    well said, range motorsport. it sucks that people dream shit up and post it here instead of doing some research-either reading or doing actual tests with bikes they own.
    my bike is a new ktm 990 smt (2012) and I put startron in it on the first tank. it is not just a stabilizer though it can be used for that purpose.
  18. concours

Oddometer:

Please don't call my remarks non-knowledgable and stupid, it hurts my feelings. :waysad Sta-bil isn't "mine".
  19. concours

Oddometer:
    ...and what did the Startron do on the first tank? Help us dumb people understand.....:deal
  20. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:

My experience says different. I have a 2005 honda XR 650 L. Air cooled, carbed. With ethanol fuel it is hard to start, won't idle and sputters and coughs. These problems go away when i add startron, or use non ethanol fuel.