LakeErieLoop IX - June 8-10, 2012

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by allstateclub, Feb 2, 2012.

1. allstateclub

allstateclub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Come join us for LEL IX, the 9th running of the LakeErieLoop, a fund raiser for pediatric burn victims. Four competition classes and a touring class, too. Not for wimps, the Loop is an all out competition for bikes under 200cc's to see who can ride the 650 miles around the lake in the shortest time. Several have done it in onder 10 hours - how about you? Can you park the Gold Wing for a weekend and dust off the old '72 CB175 and get back to basics?

We meet at the Clare-Mar Lakes Campground in Wellington, Ohio on Friday night and enjoy a feast of Joyce's burgers and dogs with all the fixin's, head to bed early and take off Saturday morning at 6AM to circle the shoreline of Lake Erie, all 650 miles of it. Pick your own route, pick your own speed, it's all for a great cause and you'll have a blast! Last year we even had a moped start and finish (in 24 hours and 4 minutes!). Saturday it's more food, lies about the days ride and an overwhelming sense of pride as we all welcome the finishing riders back to the home base. Sunday morning has a pancake breakfast and an awards ceremony that should not be missed.

The competition classes are; Mopeds, must have pedals, Class I - 50cc modern bikes or up to 110cc vintage, Class II - 125cc modern or up to 160cc vintage and Class III - 200cc modern, up to 225 vintage and any stock size Cushman style scooter. Any other bikes are in the touring (read NON-COMPETITION!!! class) for those of you who absolutely, positively must bring the Wing!

For more onformation go to autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lakeerieloop/ . Join the group, read about all the past loops and get a downloadable entry form for this year's event. See ya there.
  2. wardie

wardie 2 Wheel Power Hour

Oddometer:
    Slugo's not running this year actually he's a sleep in the museum! But you have a chance to raise money for the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children fund...and enjoy a scenic 24 hour ride around Lake Erie on your moped. I did it last year and it was a breeze. Bring your best ped and we'll see you Friday June 8 th!
  3. wardie

Oddometer:
    It was 24 hours and 3 minutes
  4. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    Wardie, you are the one that told me about this race. Are you going to ride this year???
  5. wardie

Oddometer:
    24 hours and 3 minutes, 677 miles on Slugo a 49.5 cc Tomos moped. Bike can be seen on display at the Packard Museum. Run your DR 200. I ran mine a couple years ago and finished third in my class 12 hours and 6 minutes on a bone stock knobbies AND ALL dR 200. wARDIE
  6. d mc gee

d mc gee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    pediatric burn charity run? Is this for the Shriners Hospitals?
  7. wardie

Oddometer:
    Aluminum Cans for Burned Children is the pediatric fund hosted by retired firefighter Bill Murar who does an excellent job raising money for the kids through the use of a Cannonball Run the Lake Erie Loop.
  8. TotoII

TotoII Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If and when you come through the Buffalo, NY/ Pa boarder and would like a excort drop me a PM.

It seems like a good ideal at the moment. See what happens.....

Till then Have a fun trip..

richie
  9. Hi Viz Guy

Hi Viz Guy Be Seen and Be Safe

Oddometer:
    this race is what i need to finally get my Hi Viz Machine K100 on the road. i know it's a bit larger than 200cc's however i would love to do this run and raise some money for a great cause.

please keep me in the loop.

hi viz guy
  10. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Darn this sounds like an f'ing blast!

Would be stupid fun on my TLR200... Wish I lived close enough to participate.