Adventure Motorcycle Magazine

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by NM MULE, Mar 7, 2009.

1. NM MULE

NM MULE Sparky

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if any of you might know what is going on with Adventure Motorcycle Magazine? (formally known as Dual Sport News I think) Magazines stopped around August but I was told they would stat again in Feb. 2009. I like the magazine and have checked the mail box every day in hopes to get some new Duel Sport reading. So far I am still in suspense.
  2. SkiFastBadly

SkiFastBadly A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer:
    I hear the publisher stumbled on to www.advrider.com and tore up his business plan, sold the printing press, took all the cash that was left, bought a Ulysses, and was never heard from again.
  3. BCRides

BCRides Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had recently subscribed (again) and a few days ago got a notice of refund from PayPal with the following note attached.

"Thank you for your recent order. DSN has changed to an online format. Accordingly, the price for an annual subscription is being reduced prompting the return of your recent payment. I encourage you to return to our website and re-place your order. "
  4. Stillupright

Stillupright Make my day

Oddometer:
    I've had a subscription but didn't notice that it wasn't being delivered :bueller- guess ADV Rider took over. What is their website name?

Woops, found it here http://www.dualsportnews.com/. Thanks for putting the word out cause they didn't notify me yet. Second woops :ddog- they sent out notices March 5.
  5. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    That cover shot looks like Webster pass as you crest the south side.

I wonder what date it was taken :deal
    Where's that "Webster Opening Poll" thread... :lol3

edit: actually on second thought it looks like the shelf is too wide to be webster.

[​IMG]
  6. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see Adventure Motorcycle Magazine is back in action.
  7. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    After paying for a year subsription, I received just one issue last year. Never heard from them again. They suck.
    I'm glad I'm now getting Outrider Journal. Ten times better!
  8. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Gettin' older Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who cares?
  9. chacha

chacha CAT Herder

Oddometer:

Apparently you, because you bothered to read and comment?

:hide:lol3
  10. Region Riley

Region Riley rally kit widow

Oddometer:
    +1

Just got my second issue of Outrider Journal and it's awesome. Check it out. :deal
  11. DADODIRT

Oddometer:

Touche'
    I didn't see the part about 'Dual Sport News' until I opened the thread, though. :lol3
  12. djvx

djvx Ride Safe!

Oddometer:
    they cease to exist now too
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  14. DADODIRT

Oddometer:
    She had a great article in Road Runner a few months back.
  15. SugarDust

SugarDust Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer:
    +1 including on how to dehydrate/rehydrate food for the trip. Road Runner is a great magazine - not off road focused (they did cover the Transamerica Trail) but still has lotsa great articles and trips including tank bag maps and GPS routes downloadable from their website (for subscribers) -
  16. DADODIRT

Oddometer:

I had the pleasure of talking with Ramona as they passed through Telluride on the TAT. I recall standing outside my office and seeing a lady ride by on a dirty KTM 950 and figured I better say hi.
    Yeah, one of my favorite mags.
  17. nicomama

nicomama Rugged Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Bill of Butler Maps (best maps in the world) I've discovered this thread. I tell you guys we're doing our darnedest to put out some quality content in Adventure Motorcycle magazine. We are pouring everything we have into it, and it's quite a labor of love.

I'm the managing editor there, so I scour the Earth looking for content that moves and inspires us. I'm looking for more North America ride reports, so if any of you discover this and have a great story to tell I'd love to hear from you.

Also, stay tuned for our super exciting revamped website coming out within the next two months!

Here's a free digital sample to check us out. It actually has my article in it on the ADVRider Death Valley Noob ride I did two years ago. Also, heading out again this year if anyone wants to join us. We'll be giving away 5 free subscriptions there at the raffle.

I know this is an old thread, so if you guys are still having trouble please contact me directly and I'll take care of you personally.:D nicole@adventuremotorcycle.com

Here I am at last year's Overland Expo manning my Rugged Rider and Adventure Motorcycle magazine booth...

[​IMG]

If you've never experienced Overland Expo come join us again this year as a must-see event for adventure motorcyclists!

Check out the whole photo gallery from last year.

I'd love to hear from each and every one of you!

Big hugs,
    Nicole
  18. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    Nico, I just checked out the sample. Wow-it looks really sharp. I love Dirt rider, but as I gravitate right now away from pure trails, your magazine looks interesting.