Shippinuatemalag advice: Texas to Guatemala

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by subcomm, Sep 9, 2013.

1. subcomm

subcomm adrenaline junkie

Oddometer:
    Any inmates have any good shipping info or contacts that can transport a Honda CRF 450X from Houston, Texas to Guatemala. I would plan to import and plate the bike with a Guatemala plate. Bike is street legal. would prefer to have the bike transported via truck and thru the Tapachula border. Thanks in advance.
    Marco
  2. El Stigo

El Stigo Hey Ese its EL STIGO

Oddometer:
    ANYWHERE BETWEEN THE US, MEXICO & WHO KNOWS
    I may be trailing down to Mexico City from Laredo TX my KTM 990 ADV.

We then can work on a way to move it to the MEX/GUAT border.
  3. MayaStrada

MayaStrada Guatestrom

Oddometer:
    Hey, antiqua rider here, i have a friend who just shipped a truck down gonna ask him who he used. other than that, make sure your plate sticker is good, the Mexi's are real sticklers about that... dunno why. I have a copy of the guate SAT blue book vals from registering my BigV this year, if you want it I can email you separately. You don't have to pay what they say if you have a bill of sale and a copy of the check you (supposedly) used to pay for the bike, otherwise they'll get ya for the 'full' value according to them. If you need a tramitador (required now to switch plates) let me know have all those contacts too. Good luck!
  4. subcomm

Oddometer:
    Thank you both for your replies. Sorry for the late response. I need to turn on my email notification.
  5. subcomm

Oddometer:

Interested, let me me know if we can work something out.
  6. Airhead Wrangler

Airhead Wrangler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    get it across the border into Mexico on a TVIP and take it to a Castores warehouse. They'll put it on a pallet and have it down in their warehouse in Tuxtla Gutierez in 5-7 days. Ride it from there to Guat.
    http://castores.com.mx/