Bmw f 800 gs rallycomp "x"

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Manuelv, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CobraSnakeNecktie likes this.
  2. HappyHighwayman

HappyHighwayman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a tip, writing in all caps is a classic internet faux-pas. It indicates SHOUTING, and doesn't make your text any better to read.
  3. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry
    I remedied immediately.
    greetings and thanks of the Board
    Manuel
  4. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't this thread be in "venders"?:huh

But it's ugly anyway.:cry IMHO
  5. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:
    It looks like any other rally fairing, I don't think it looks bad. It looks like a rally bike. There are plenty of other mods people have done that make the bike wayyyy uglier in my opinion. Not that this is ugly.

I looks pretty well finished off and cleaned up for a beak removal, much cleaner than many of them.

No prices are posted on the thread, just introducing a new product specific to our bikes, I don't see any problems with it being here. One less forum to go look through to try and find new shiny stuff that I can look at.

After going to his website and checking the price, I looks like it is pretty comparable to replacing the factory stuff after a crash, plus getting the benefit of a new look.

Some tips for the OP. Get some better Pictures, your are really low quality, and I dont think it is doing your product justice. Also, What does the dash area look like? Is there a place to mount a GPS, rally book, phone, etc?

I have seen quite a few people on here asking for some aftermarket plastics, and this is one solutions.

Granted it would be nicer if there was a low cost alternative from somebody like acrebis or the like.

Ryan
  6. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:
    Also, provide an option for just the lower plastics without the tall headlight/fairing/windshield. That might be a bit more affordable, and also, give people options for custom lighting, wind protection etc.

Ryan
  7. tofire409

tofire409 Geared up and ready.

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised that no one has commented on the fact that the breaklines are a "LostRider" waiting to happen...:eek1

You need a wheel faring or to re-do the breaklines so they do not get caught in the front wheel!!
  8. Future ten

Future ten Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Purpose built isn't always the best look. For some reason KTM pulls off that look better then most.
    Front fender of sorts and it's good to go. Think of the amount of money you can stuff behind that shield
  9. RexBuck

RexBuck Long timer

Oddometer:

^ ^ ^ That . . .
  10. Mongo357

Mongo357 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it sold in separate pieces? I like the faux tank sides on the Rally kit, but I prefer the minimalist windscreen of the stock bike.
  11. HappyHighwayman

HappyHighwayman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to admit as well it is very ugly, but likely functional over form. You do need better photos and not just multiple photos of the same angle.
  12. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    between tomorrow and Sunday will be loaded with new photos .... especially on prices and the site will be all finished by the weekend ..
  13. Pomo

Pomo gonzo

Oddometer:
    To give him the benefit of the doubt, it is probably just picture of the first run/proof of concept. It also looks like it was designed with a high fender capability in mind. High fender is possible with the stock plastics, but (IMHO) looks a bit "unfinished" and requires a little bit of home-fabrication to make work.
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Are those tubeless wheels?
  15. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:

Rally bikes usually use a low fender anyway, but yea, it needs one!

Ryan
  17. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmm....

Feedback wise:

Plus
    - Plenty of room for nav roller and other "Rally" gear.
    - Gives the F800 a proper "Rally" look
    - Seems to allow for a high mount mud guard without the "patchwork" look of the standard with high mount.

Minus
    - how do I see around the fairing? It's stating the obvious, but it's designed for Rally Bikes, so the average rider wont be buying one for the "looks" because he'll spend most of the day standing to see.

Is there any plan to make a transparent windshield section? It's purely hypothetical, as I can't sit on it and look forward, but it looks as though it's so high that at 5'11" I'd have to stand pretty much all the time to have any track view.

Or is this purely an option for the guys that want to Rally an F800 (they'll have their work cut out for them)?
  18. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello guys
    The version you see in the picture is destined to participate in fairs, races, etc. so do not need to have a transparent dome.
    For the kit that is sold will be available, on request of the customer, a transparent dome to be inserted in the front to increase visibility for road use / tourism (to be specified in the order).
    Will soon be available as an optional support navigator / road book, GPS, etc.. Billet CNC.

The front can be removed to insert the KIT Enduro consists of template enduro headlight, fender top, etc..
    also this accessory will soon be put online.
  19. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah, very good. Thank you.

Looking forward to it all.

Will the fairing match up to a 20 litre Touratech tank?
  20. Manuelv

Manuelv Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Our fairing (MST) can not be fitted with the Touratech tank.
    Will be available from our tanks side mount instead of the sides of our hull for those who want to increase the autonomy .....