Motorcycle Mufflers, Exhausts and DR Farkles

Discussion in 'OZ Vendors & Flea Market' started by mcperformance, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mcperformance

mcperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My name is Mark Chaplain (Chappy) and I am the sole Australian & New Zealand Importer (Now also shipping to USA & Canada) of English and Italian Motorcycle Mufflers and Exhaust systems.
    We only buy from major companies so you get quality & backup service. We deal direct to the Public.

[​IMG]

I have been riding motorcycles since I was a young bloke and currently ride a XTZ1200 Tenere and a DR650.

Have a look in the posts below to see some of the range I have to offer for Adventure Bikes.
    Free Postage Australia wide on all items.
    The following: USA, Canada, New Zealand on adventure bikes free postage (All racks, oil cooler guards pay postage).

If you don't see what your looking for please go to my website www.motorcyclemufflers.com.au (new site coming soon) we can supply over 800 systems & mufflers of most makes & models from 5 major manufactures from around the world with over 150yrs of combined Experience.
    or PM me.
    SCROLL DOWN & CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS.

Thanks for looking

Chappy.
  2. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Here is an article from Road Rider magazine with a report on our gloves.
    We buy direct from the companies who supply (Alpine star, Spidi, Fox, Dry Rider).
    For ADV members we will give $20 off all gloves and free postage.

[​IMG]

Hope you like our products, we only buy from top major companies from around the world.
    All prices include free postage within Australia.
    We can also sell world wide but the buyer will need to pay for the freight costs.

Suzuki DR 650 Muffler and Farkles Runs & sounds superb (All with free postage Aus & USA) (See our customer reviews on web site, in new products section) Our Muffler is guaranteed to give a noticeable performance increase or money back.

[​IMG]
    Sport Muffler $590 ADV discount $520 3 yr workmanship warranty.
    Up to 15% Improved performance with a nice sound. Dyno jet kit will improve more.

[​IMG]
    Dr 650 Standard Muffler Modification
    Price: $300 ADV Discount: $250
    This is a Modification to the standard muffler (For those who like it Quiet)
    No -re jetting required & Noticeable increase in power (up to 10% in Torque
    Increase).

[​IMG]
    Possibility the best & strongest Guard on the market.
    We guarantee that if you get a rock go through our guard & damage your radiator, we will replace the guard with a new one for free.
    Made out of 3mm aluminium available in raw or powder coat black.
    Oil Cooler Guard $95 ADV discount $70

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rear Rack $180 ADV discount $160 (All with free postage Aus )
    Made out of 5mm steel powder coated black, this is a new and improved rack with extra reinforcing on the whole rack.
    As can see from side view these have Our Patiented Side Gusset design making these exceptionallly strong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just when you think we couldn't get any better our new DR Safari adventure rear rack with tie down points for the more adventurous rider. This rack has extra tie down points to make sure you don't loose your gear. $220 ADV discount $190
    Now made out of aluminium & powder coated black, Extremely light & strong this is a new and improved rack with extra reinforcing on the whole rack. Our Patiented Side Gusset & extra tie down points make this rack superior to others on the market.

Yamaha XTZ 1200 (All with free postage Aus & USA)
    Twin Mufflers
    Standard mapping is fine
    No re-maping required.
    Runs & sounds superb (See our customer reviews)
    5 yr workmanship warranty
    Link pipe S/Steel
    S/Steel $1100 ADV Discount $980
    C/Fibre: $1300 ADV Discount: $1200
    Single Muffler : (All with free postage Aus & USA)
    S/Steel: $590 ADV Discount : $520
    C/Fibre: $650 ADV Discount: $590

[​IMG]
    Twin System
    [​IMG]
    Twin System right hand side in carbon fibre.
    [​IMG]
    Twin System right hand side in stainless steel.
    [​IMG]
    Photo of the left hand side in twin system.
    [​IMG]
    Tenere Sports muffler

BMW 1200 GS
    No- re Tunning required
    Life Time Bike Warranty on workmanship.
    Full System in S/Steel $960
    Muffler $590 ADV Discount $520
    [​IMG]
    Full System
    [​IMG]
    1200 GS Sports Muffler

BMW 1150 GS
    Save over 7KGS (Gain up to 11HP)
    No- re Tunning required
    Full System $980 ADV Discount $920
    Y-Pipe $390 ADV Discount $320
    Y-Pipe Designed to fit Original Muffler or Sports Muffler.
    [​IMG]
    1150 GS Y-Pipe

BMW 800 GS
    No- re Tunning required
    Full System (Catless Headers no longer available)
    [​IMG]
    800 GS Full System
    [​IMG]
    800 GS Catless Headers
    [​IMG]
    800 GS Headers

BMW 650 GS
    No- re Tunning required
    [​IMG]
    650/800 GS Sports Muffler

KTM 950-990 Mufflers
    No- re Tunning required
    $780 ADV Discount $720
    [​IMG]
    Sports Mufflers

Suzuki DL 1000
    No- re Tunning required
    Mufflers $780 ADV Discount $720
    [​IMG]
    Sports muffler

Suzuki DL 650 Muffler
    No- re Tunning required
    S/Steel $590 ADV Discount $520
    Muffler shown : C/fibre with Titanium ends (One of the lightest on the Market)

[​IMG]
    Sports Muffler

Triumph Tiger 800
    No- re Tunning required
    [​IMG]

Please remember that this is only a small sample of the bikes we can do.
    We also do a large range of road bikes. Please contact me if you don't see what your want.
  3. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Hi Chappy,

I bought one of the DR oil cooler screens from you a few years ago and was rapt in it. I got one because a bloody twig nearly pierced the cooler out riding one day.

My neighbour recently bought one of your mufflers for his DR after doing heaps of research (German engineer too - makes high tech aircraft parts) and reckons they're the duck's guts. I rode it last weekend and, without having to buy the header like I did for my Staintune on my DR, I'd say it had similar pull and grunt as mine had - and he hasn't jetted it yet!

I liked the note too, very grunty. :wink:

Well done mate, let me know when you start making bits and pieces for Tenere's, not mufflers, as I've got Leo Vince cans on it at the moment. I do have my eyes on a Triumph Tiger 800 for late next year and will give you a call then.

cheers.
  4. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Trev,
    Glad you liked our products.
    Do Dr will run even better with jetting. I've left mine standard so far (have opened up the exhaust port with burr grinder) still getting 20 klm litre.
    Triumph 800 nice bike, would very much like a 800 myself (but decided I'd go a shaft for once) Wouldn't mind the XT either, but I do like my DR (good fun bike) how do they compare to each other.
    Chappy.

5. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    The 650 was an easier bike to ride but was a little basic. This Tenere has taken a bit of getting used to, with the extra kerb weight and all, but it's comfortable, a little more powerful and has a fuel guage and hazard lights!!!!! I really do like it on a long ride. Maybe start making some goodies for the Triumphs too......:wink:
  6. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Trev,
    Sorry for delay been very busy lately.
    Question, Is the XT suspension much superior to the DR or can it do with some upgrades?
    Chappy.
  7. kerrystewart

kerrystewart stewy

Oddometer:
    Hi
    I hav'nt done any posting on a forum site before so bare with me.
    I have just finished fitting my twin mufflers to my bike supplied by Mcperformance.
    First thing you notice is quality of the finish, and how easy they install, Mark makes sure everything is perfect before he ships them to you. Second is the mid range boost and smooth roll on of power, fuel economy has'nt changed, although I hav'nt been on any trips as yet.I still have to get my right side pannier altered, I have a guy working on that.
    I 'm very impressed with the setup so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Kerry
  8. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Hi Chappy,

No problems mate, everyone's busy. I think the stock 660Z would be better than the DR650 but this one came with cartridge emulators in the front and I did think the rear was soft (my weight may have some effect on that!). Anyway, on checking, the settings on the shock were at #1, so I wound it up to #7 (one to go) and it's been fantastic. I had toyed with the idea of fitting an Ohlins but look like getting into a Triumph XC 800 late next year, so I've leave that. All that said, the DR was better handling in dirt than the 660Z and at 60 kg lighter a little more manageable when things turned to sh*t. The 660Z is a better adventure bike all round though and I'm like a kid with a new toy even though I've had it nearly 12 months. At 6'4" I like a tall bike.

PS. That is one mean looking set up on the back of that Super Ten of Kerry's....I can see something like that on the rear of the Trumphy.....:evil
  9. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    G'day Chappy,
    Didn't realise you'd started this thread on venders mate. I bought a single system off you....struth must be almost 2 years ago now for my Super Ten, the system has stood up well and gotta say i'm still very happy with it. I had planed to sell the bike earlier in the year so i put the original exhaust back on, hated it straight away, all the power was gone and the bike just didn't feel like it was breathing (and none of that lovely noise either) so put the MC system back on and its all :D:D again.
    That twin system looks good, is there much of an improvement over the single system or is it more of a visual / noise thing?

Cheers

Bill
  10. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Bill,
    Good to see the muffler is holding up (Not that I expected different) but good to see them put to the test.
    So far with a early dyno run of the twin (In developent, more to come) showed no benefit in power over our single muffler.
    It does however produce a much deeper & more twin like note, while at the same time makes the bike look balance.
    Chappy.

11. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Just some photos of the Tenere twin System fitted with the original Yamaha panniers.

[​IMG]

Also a look at the Tenere Twin System with Stainless mufflers. Looks great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Poloaa009,
    I'm not sure what you are asking.
    I assume you are wanting to know the following.
    All prices Quoted are for Stainless steel sports muffler single & Twin Mufflers.
    The extra $75 is for C/Fibre single muffler & $150 in most cases for Twin Mufflers (Bike with 2 mufflers) .
    Hope this helps.
    Chappy.
  13. Yarra

Yarra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Chappy,
    Do you have anything for a 2012 BMW G650GS Sertao?
    John
  14. Ozi

Ozi live in the moment, life is short

Oddometer:
    I am also looking for a Carbon muffler for the BMW G650GS Sertao 2012 - the BMW thumper.
  15. Ozi

Oddometer:
    @chappy - In terms of after market high performance mufflers for the original BMW 650 Dakars and now the BMW G650GS Sertao - re-introduced 2012 (same bike engine wise) - I would say my main interest for my BMW G650GS Sertao would be to have dual x small x carbon or light weight SS mufflers to maintain the mounting points and the look of the dual high set - I dont like the idea of one bigger muffler changing the look of the bike radically. The end goal is to reduce weight, improve thru flow and improve performance - loose the CatC and make it slightly louder for traffic awareness when needed. I gues you will need to have a Y section fabricated to have two parallel - as the BMW runs the current mufflers in serials with a hidden joiner very far back. This has meant there is no decent options for aftermarket - and anybody who cracks this could clean up.
  16. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Ozi,
    Sorry for delay, have been looking to see what may be availasble for your bike.
    Don't get me wrong, But as far as cleaning up if develope a twin set up for your bike.
    Been there many times only to end up as selling only a few, sometimes after several $1,000s of dollars spent.
    I can most likely do a twin set up for your bike.
    I would require your muffler, So I can work out where all the fixtures need to go.
    Chappy.
  17. Ozi

Oddometer:
    That splitter on the SuperTen looks great ! - but to be honest those twin hose clamps are too agricultural for me. I think if you made a generic molded radius carbon heat shield with some diagonal slots that covered/hide those big hose clamps for all your mufflers - something stylish - you would increase the appeal - thats just me - maybe others could chime in.
  18. Ozi

Oddometer:
    mocked up what i mean here in photoshop - to hide the hose clamps and some style

[​IMG]
  19. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Ozi,
    Nearly all the major brands run these type of clamps (as they can used on any bike) I run a twin setup on the adventure bikes for superior strength over the others in the event of a spill.
    In this case we could use only one, but I try and go on what the majority want.
    A carbon side cover is fine & your design looks great, but at what expense (another $300 to the customer) as we need 2 for the twin setup.
    Chappy.
  20. slapper

slapper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Chappy,

your mod'd OEM DR650 mufflers - do they finish up any louder than standard?
    I'd like enough noise that I can hear it over wind noise - but I don't need any more than that :)
    With just the snorkle out and a stock exhaust, I'm finding it difficult to hold road speed and I suspect it's because I can't hear the engine rev's - so a little bit of noise would be good, but I'd still like it to be "quiet"

cheers,
    Slapper