Rich Mountain Rendezvous (Mena, Ark)

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by therockmantex, Jun 24, 2013.

1. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Please join us in September for the *Rich Mountain Rendezvous* held at Queen Wilhelmina State Park.* This rally benefits abused and neglected children in the area. The rally will be held the weekend of September 21, 2013 in Mena, AR.* Enjoy great riding through the beautiful Ouachita moutains. The Queen Wilhelmina State Park has clean restrooms and hot showers, RV spaces, and if the lodge renovation is complete, very nice rooms.* If you arrive on Thursday night, and let Steve know you will be coming, you will be able to enjoy a chicken fajita dinner.* On Friday night we will have grilled hamburgers, beans, chips and homemade desserts.* On Saturday night we will have live entertainment and a catered dinner.* Continental breakfasts will be provided Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.* Those registering early will receive a $5.00 discount and be guaranteed a rally t-shirt. Registration, beginning at 9am, is $35.00 per person; pre-registration is $30.00 and must be completed by August. Tent camping is $12.10 per night, payable at rally registration. RV spaces must be reserved through the Q.W. office.* There are motels in Mena, just 20 minutes away.* Contact Steve Johnson for rally registration. drmoons@mangomoons.com 210-392-9088. Queen Wilhelmina Lodge www.queenwilhelmina.com, 3877 Arkansas 88 Mena, AR 71953 479-394-2863. For local area lodging: http://www.mena-ark.com/lodging/5th.
  2. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Fun rally.
  3. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Put it on your calendar.

Steve
  4. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Attended this rally last year one of the best of the year. The food was awesome and all the money goes to a great cause.
  5. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Who do you contract to move this to the Tejas/Ark regional forum...
  6. hardybaker

hardybaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've heard good hints about this small rally. I sent my money in. Hope to see you there.
  7. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    What type bike crowd is the norm at this gathering?
  8. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    More of the laid back type of crowd. Not a rowdy Harley type crowd. Good company, good food, great riding all for a good cause. My two favorite rally's are this one and the Swamp Scooter rally in Lafayette, La.

Steve
  9. thumper_tx

thumper_tx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This rally was called the Chain Gang Rally for many years. It is no longer sponsored by the Chain Gang as such but all are welcome.
    Last years attendees were treated to a tour of a private car and bike museum in Mena. It was incredible to say the least. Many restored cars, trucks , motorcycles and related items. Old gas pumps, coal oil pumps and assorted stuff for many years gone by. Many mustangs and cushman scooters along with old Harleys. Several made by the factory muscle cars are one of a kind.
    This alone is more than worth the price of the rally.
    One building of this museum is the old Studerbaker building designed and built by Frank Loyd Wright in 1953.
    I can't wait to go back this year. The museum tour is included in this years rally also.
    This will be my 14th year for this one.
    See ya there....
  10. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great event. I plan on attending.
  12. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Well, it is getting a little closer and I guess I need to pre register so I can get one of their neat tee shirts.

Steve
  13. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Who else has registered?

Steve
  14. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve. My plan is to head up early in the week to ride some of the great roads in the area. If you arrive early maybe we can get some riding in.
  15. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Re-cap and more info:

Rich Mountain Rendezvous "It's about the kids." *Mena, Arkansas, September 20-22, 2013 Fifteen years at Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Supporting CASA of the Ouachita Region, helping kids of neglect and abuse.
    Thursday, September 19 6PM: *pre-registrants only Tex-Mex dinner and rally t-shirts *$30
    Friday 9AM: Rally registration opens. $35, t-shirts while they last, continental breakfast, riding, wrenching and telling lies, burgers/weenies and chips evening *meal *
    Saturday: Registration, continental breakfast, classic car riding, catered Italian supper, prizes for all, and a live band
    Sunday: continental breakfast and goodbyes
    The rally offers therapeutic message ($20) rides in classic cars from the local museum ($50)....1930's Fords, 1960's muscle, and more....great food and great music....great riding, both paved and dirt...and the chance to make a difference in the life of children. It's about the kids.
    Registration, beginning Friday 9AM, is $35 per person; pre-registration is $30 and must be completed by August 20th. All registrants should bring an item for the raffle. Tent camping is $12.10 per night, payable at rally registration. RV spaces must be reserved through the QW office. There are motels in Mena, just 20 minutes away.
    Contact Steve Johnson for rally registration. PO Box 160074 San Antonio, TX 78280
    E-mail:drmoons@mangomoons.com * Phone: 210-392-9088
    Queen Wilhelmina Lodge www.queenwilhelmina.com *3877 Arkansas 88**Mena, AR 71953 *
    479-394-2863
    For local area lodging: http://www.mena-ark.com/lodging/
  16. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Registration fee on the way. Looking forward to this one..
  17. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    It is getting closer and hopefully cooler weather to follow. Have you registered yet?

Steve
  18. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Extended Mena weather forecast is looking excellent... 76/52 for Saturday makes for great camping.
  19. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where are you finding weather forecasts for a month out?
  20. fjrtx

fjrtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Accu-Weather click on month... Changes every few days.

The concession trailer will again be set up next to the campsite so food and drinks will be available in addition to meals provided by the rally... Also Blue Bell ice cream is available at the train station. The Park Ranger Station at the entrance has a supply of items if you forget something at home.....