ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   will 640 vibration eventually kill us? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131709)

alexanderf 04-16-2006 04:10 AM

will 640 vibration eventually kill us?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Finally, after 5 years, local KTM dealer (Israel) brought the first couple of 640 adv.(2006 model). I was the second one to order and still waiting for custom clearance, but the first guy is completely destroyed of the vibration. He claims 30 minutes of road riding and his tooth fillings are flying all over the place, he sees double feature and fears early Parkinson disease. is it that bad? or is it something we will get used to. was it less vibrating in early models? it seems the 2001 model we had here in holy land was easy rider comparing to the new one. is it so? anything to do?

seeking all of your good advise.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dagwood 04-16-2006 06:39 AM

what vibrations?
:lol3
actually they get better with breakin and a good tune up. get the jetting right and after the first sevice they'll start to calm down and continue to for the first couple K,miles. they seem to take forever to break in but go forever. Enjoy.

buffallodan 04-16-2006 07:20 AM

Can I jump in on this thread as well? :D I just purchased a TE-610 and it vibrates more than I would have thought. Do the jetting and restricted(read in-line cat) exaust also have an effect on the vibes to some degree, and will opening up the pipe and rejetting also aid in smooting out a thumper? TIA Dan

Hannda 04-16-2006 08:59 AM

No, the vibrations won't kill you. Anything over a 100km ride may, however, render you sterile.:deal

Donkey Hotey 04-16-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannda
No, the vibrations won't kill you. Anything over a 100km ride may, however, render you sterile.:deal

I guess I don't need to worry about birth control then because I rode 680km in one day--more than half of it off road.

digitaldan01 04-16-2006 10:09 AM

I motor that vibrates will continue to vibrate, I mean come on it won't magiclly go away. It's something I guess you have to live with, most thumpers have vibrations (although my DRZ is VERY smooth, even better than my VFR I had :wink: ).

meat popsicle 04-16-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderf
Finally, after 5 years, local KTM dealer (Israel) brought the first couple of 640 adv.(2006 model). I was the second one to order and still waiting for custom clearance, but the first guy is completely destroyed of the vibration. He claims 30 minutes of road riding and his tooth fillings are flying all over the place, he sees double feature and fears early Parkinson disease. is it that bad? or is it something we will get used to. was it less vibrating in early models? it seems the 2001 model we had here in holy land was easy rider comparing to the new one. is it so? anything to do?

This question was just posed by another; you must have missed it. Luckly for you, one of the local wrenches took a stab in the dark at a reply (since his post, like yours, is severely lacking in information...) Here it is:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=191

Esteban 04-16-2006 10:31 AM

It won't kill you, but it will make you get hairy palms and go blind !

Rumbles 04-16-2006 11:02 AM

Honestly when I read about the LC4 and vibration issues I cannot relate to them because my 05 Adv is exceptionally smooth and is in stock form with 1000kms. I can not say whether mine is better then others or that I'm less bothered by vibration then others. Mirrors are still funtional at highway speeds, my hands have never got numb so maybe I got one that vibrates less then others maybe you will too.:freaky

holycaveman 04-16-2006 11:15 AM

Only if you die from haveing too much fun:rofl

ram1000 04-16-2006 05:12 PM

The vibration issue is over exagerated. Some people seem to be bothered by a littel vibration and others don't. I rode mine on an 850 mile weekend and I never noticed the vibration as an issue.

2whlrcr 04-16-2006 05:47 PM

I thought it was killing my girlfriend, with all the screams and thrashing around? I had never seen her exhibit that kind of behavior before? But she said she didn't mind?

buffallodan 04-16-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffallodan
Can I jump in on this thread as well? :D I just purchased a TE-610 and it vibrates more than I would have thought. Do the jetting and restricted(read in-line cat) exaust also have an effect on the vibes to some degree, and will opening up the pipe and rejetting also aid in smooting out a thumper? TIA Dan

I apologise for not reading or searching more but didn't recall seeing the issue of catalyst and their effect on engine as it relates to vibration. I understand jetting and miles will smooth a bike out. I am in a sort of quandry over removing the catalyst. If it makes the bike perform poorly either by increasing vibration or by bieng so hot to melt my fenders then it will get pulled for a freer flowing aftermarket exaust. I know I have read that restriction has an effect but searching can't retrace my steps...

Jeff620RXC 04-16-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2whlrcr
I thought it was killing my girlfriend, with all the screams and thrashing around? I had never seen her exhibit that kind of behavior before? But she said she didn't mind?

:lol3

meat popsicle 04-16-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2whlrcr

You are a bigger man than I to admit that... :bow

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:34 PM.