ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Suspension testing video (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137177)

Don Lemelin 05-10-2006 01:23 PM

Suspension testing video
 
Spent the day out at Carnegie on Monday with our rider Jonah Street testing some 950 components.
Here's a little teaser.
http://www.ktmtwins.com/images/jonahstreetdouble.wmv
More to come on the site.
Cheers.

overlander 05-10-2006 01:48 PM

Wow!
 
Must be great to have fork springs that are heavy enough for the 950 to get that kind of air. I think the ones that came in mine were apparently left over from the 85 SX mini-crossers! :huh

Pointman0853 05-10-2006 05:23 PM

Video
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Lemelin
Spent the day out at Carnegie on Monday with our rider Jonah Street testing some 950 components.
Here's a little teaser.
http://www.ktmtwins.com/images/jonahstreetdouble.wmv
More to come on the site.
Cheers.

OK, I'll bite.

What fork spring weight did you run were in that bike?

Pointman

Don Lemelin 05-10-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointman0853
OK, I'll bite.

What fork spring weight did you run were in that bike?

Pointman

.50's with an SPS re-valve. (my bike, the orange and blue)
We tested springs up to .54's in a stock valved '04 (standard, silver bike)
You can see it in action here
http://www.ktmtwins.com/images/jonahstreet.wmv
We'll post results from the test on the site in the near future.
Cheers

Ignore Amos 05-10-2006 10:22 PM

Dam....
 
I found myself watching it like ten times...I need to get a life!

motowest 05-10-2006 10:25 PM

Good stuff, huh?

I went for a little 70 mile ride tonight just before sunset. I even found a few miles of dirt (including ruts, mud, etc.) No jumps though!:lol3

BLUE(UK) 05-11-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Lemelin
.50's with an SPS re-valve. (my bike, the orange and blue)
We tested springs up to .54's in a stock valved '04 (standard, silver bike)
You can see it in action here
http://www.ktmtwins.com/images/jonahstreet.wmv
We'll post results from the test on the site in the near future.
Cheers

Looks so powerful!!:D

Huber Tuber 05-11-2006 02:46 AM

Scud rocks
 
Hate to say purchased my bike at Munroe = (:asshat) but seems like I keep on taking it to Scud for upgrade and service. Great shop, and awesome service dept!! Good stuff Don!!! Best KTM dealer in Bay Area... Now can I get a discount on parts..hehe.

barbasma 05-11-2006 03:34 AM

:freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :freaky :eek1

PowerCell 05-11-2006 08:32 AM

Jonah...
 
Tell Jonah I said to quit "ridin' that thing like a poodle"... :eyes

katoosh 05-11-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Lemelin
.50's with an SPS re-valve. (my bike, the orange and blue)

Don, that SPS set-up looks familiar. But for some real fun, you should have me try that jump with camera rolling. I'd be willing to bet the resulting post would not be in Orange Crush, but in Face Plants!!

Smooth riding. The second clip looks like the intro an up-coming Scuderia West commercial. Makes me want to go out for a ride.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014