ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Carb Vent lines??? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149009)

buffallodan 07-01-2006 10:36 AM

Carb Vent lines???
 
Need help figuring out how to vent FCR carb lines, dealer removed smog and routed all lines behind swingarm. So other than the drain bowl line (noob- obvious) I am at a loss as to which lines need to be raised and filtered. Please help cause every darn time I go creek running I get bogged down :cry...thanks,

Dan
TE-610 FCR MX

jeff_in_rc 07-03-2006 09:04 AM

You should run all vent lines to a "T" and run one side up under the tank and the other down behind the swing-arm. So if you have 2 vent lines you will have two "T's" and two sets of vents up high and two down low.

This will stop the vent lock when crossing creeks as the vents up high can still draw air while the lower vents are in the water. I found some hose the right size at my Walmart and "T's" at my auto parts store.

This setup will work wonders and is very cheap as well!

twotyred 07-03-2006 04:37 PM

Thanks for the info. This was something that I've been searching for as well.

I've had a couple of problems myself crossing some creeks. I hate it when you bike stalls just one metre short of the other bank. Didn't drop it - just wet feet!!

desmo900 07-03-2006 05:18 PM

Could all of the carb. vent hoses be sent to a manifold. and then one hose to the swing arm and one hose up under the tank ??

jeff_in_rc 07-05-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desmo900
Could all of the carb. vent hoses be sent to a manifold. and then one hose to the swing arm and one hose up under the tank ??

I don't see why not as long as you have good airflow through the lines which is what you need for proper venting.

Beez 07-05-2006 12:03 PM

I just "t-vented" my RXC last week but did not put one on the line that comes out of the bottom of the bowl. Does this one need a t-vent too?:dunno

jeff_in_rc 07-05-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beez
I just "t-vented" my RXC last week but did not put one on the line that comes out of the bottom of the bowl. Does this one need a t-vent too?:dunno

No, as this is a drain only and not a true vent.

Beez 07-05-2006 03:12 PM

Thanks Jeff! :thumb That's what I thought but it wouldn't be the 1st time I was wrong. :lol3

I'm a California native, used to ride in your neck if the woods a lot, and you know what? There's a shitload of water to deal with in New England! :eek1 :D Kinda freaky for a SoCal boy dealing with water, but the more I deal with it the more confidance I gain. But the sputtering engine sucks.

http://beez.smugmug.com/photos/70924374-M.jpg

http://beez.smugmug.com/photos/63516290-M.jpg

Fun stuff :evil

jeff_in_rc 07-05-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beez
Thanks Jeff! :thumb That's what I thought but it wouldn't be the 1st time I was wrong. :lol3

I'm a California native, used to ride in your neck if the woods a lot, and you know what? There's a shitload of water to deal with in New England! :eek1 :D Kinda freaky for a SoCal boy dealing with water, but the more I deal with it the more confidance I gain. But the sputtering engine sucks.

http://beez.smugmug.com/photos/70924374-M.jpg

http://beez.smugmug.com/photos/63516290-M.jpg

Fun stuff :evil

Damn Beez, that looks like fun! I do get to ride in some water about once a year up in Kennedy Meadows and last year doing the Bass Lake DS. I would welcome the change for sure!

Thanks for sharing. :clap :clap :clap

BTW did your sputtering go away after doing this mod?

Beez 07-06-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc
Damn Beez, that looks like fun! I do get to ride in some water about once a year up in Kennedy Meadows and last year doing the Bass Lake DS. I would welcome the change for sure!

Thanks for sharing. :clap :clap :clap

BTW did your sputtering go away after doing this mod?

I'll see this weekend.

Do they still call it the Last Bass Lake DS Ride? I did the 1st Last Bass Lake ride in the late '90s. Took a wrong turn and ended up in Yosemite Park proper, Rangers were none too pleased when came through the gate looking quite dirty and having not paid the entry fee. :lol3 My parents still live in that area.

jeff_in_rc 07-06-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beez
I'll see this weekend.

Do they still call it the Last Bass Lake DS Ride? I did the 1st Last Bass Lake ride in the late '90s. Took a wrong turn and ended up in Yosemite Park proper, Rangers were none too pleased when came through the gate looking quite dirty and having not paid the entry fee. :lol3 My parents still live in that area.

Yes, last year's ride was the last, for now anyway. Larry Langley is still working with the USFS to try to get them to understand the rules are for everyone, not a select few. I really liked the area and a few of my riding buddies are going up there next weekend but I can't make it this time. Oh well, there will be another trip soon.

Have a good one and let us know if the fix cures the problem.

jeff_in_rc 07-20-2006 08:35 AM

Yo Beez, did that work for ya!!

Beez 07-20-2006 11:02 AM

It's been a lot drier here in New England in July so there haven't been the epic water crossings like before. I did some riding on the RXC 2 weekas ago and it worked great but no real test of the T-vents. I'll try again this weekend, Sat & Sun Neduro's Riding clinic. :clap

katbeanz 07-20-2006 07:10 PM

I t-vented my carb a while back, but I couldn't find this thread when I was searching...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98167

It's got some excellent info. :1drink

buffallodan 10-10-2006 05:08 PM

Bump for index and future upload of pics...


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014