ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Raleigh/Fayetteville area riders?? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157135)

Chad_NC 08-06-2006 06:15 AM

Raleigh/Fayetteville area riders??

How many Raleigh NC/Fayetteville NC area riders do we have on this forum?

triplethreat 08-06-2006 06:49 AM

Chad,

You may wanna try the DixieDualSport guys as well, they have loads of people in North Carolina...

rglee 08-06-2006 05:56 PM

Fayettenam

Chad,

I live in Fayetteville. A couple buddies, also on 12GS's, and I do a variety of dirt and asphalt riding. Went to Uwharrie today - did some rock bashing then hit miles of nice twisties on the way home. We've also done a couple of dual sport rides in Maggie Valley and Andrews, NC. Let's link up and do some riding.

Rick Lee

Chad_NC 08-10-2006 03:27 PM

Anyone that wants to even do a day trip to nowhere, shoot me an email at cj5lovr2000@yahoo.com

NCDan 08-11-2006 03:15 PM

I am in Wake Forest north of Raleigh.

nobrakes 08-12-2006 09:09 PM

I'm in Apex, just east of Raleigh.

mtnyeti 08-12-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rglee
Chad,

I live in Fayetteville. A couple buddies, also on 12GS's, and I do a variety of dirt and asphalt riding. Went to Uwharrie today - did some rock bashing then hit miles of nice twisties on the way home. We've also done a couple of dual sport rides in Maggie Valley and Andrews, NC. Let's link up and do some riding.

Rick Lee

I'm also in Fayetteville. Just picked up a 12GS and am looking for some good local rides. Uwharrie is a good place.. especially for rock bashing - haha!! I'm planning on taking the GS up there in the next week or so. I've done some mtn biking/camping/4x4'ing up there. When do you guys usually ride?

rustynail 08-13-2006 05:35 AM

I'll be transferring to Jacksonville this December. Not too far from Raleigh. Let me know if you want to link up and ride Croatan, Holly Shelter or Hoffman areas. A lot of land with sand roads around there.

Anyone know a good street legal sand tire????????

mtnyeti 08-15-2006 08:54 PM

Bump... for those in the Raleigh / Fayetteville area. I'm also planning an around the state ride in early Sept. Any good route recommends? Trying to hit western NC and the outer banks.

Howlan 08-15-2006 09:10 PM

I'm out in Wilson (east of Raleigh). I'd be interested in some rides this Fall.

Chad_NC 08-17-2006 06:24 PM

Nobrakes,
I work in Apex and ride the KLR there frequently. Any day you want to take an afternoon pavement ride(or dirt if you know of any legal) just shoot me an email.

rglee 10-09-2006 05:12 PM

Sat - Maggie Valley 14 Oct

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnyeti
I'm also in Fayetteville. Just picked up a 12GS and am looking for some good local rides. Uwharrie is a good place.. especially for rock bashing - haha!! I'm planning on taking the GS up there in the next week or so. I've done some mtn biking/camping/4x4'ing up there. When do you guys usually ride?

Mtnyeti, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was going to do the Saturday ride at Maggie Valley this coming weekend but the 3 other guys that were going with have weaseled out for one reason or other. I've done the Sat event the last 2 years and its great. About 120 miles, not 200, about 20 miles of nice tight paved twisties, mostly dirt and gravel forest service roads, and just enough single track trails and rocky stream crossings to make it a little bit of a challenge - but lots of fun. If you or any body else is gonna do this on big bikes, ie GS's, let me know ASAP - call 910-391-4243 or rglee@nc.rr.com. It's nice to have someone to help pick up the behemoth... just in case.

Rick

Chad_NC 10-09-2006 05:44 PM

I have a friend that lives in Lumberton that was thinking of a ride to the coast, Southport maybe, and ride a ferry? No dates set yet due to my screwy work schedule and just getting back after two weeks injured leave but we want to ride. He rode down on Saturday and said it was a great day trip. Anyone interested email me and maybe we can get a date set up. I am going to email the couple that have already emailed me a couple times. My email is cj5lovr2000@yahoo.com

CanyonRider 10-10-2006 05:57 AM

Hey NCDan and others. I'm also in Wake Forest. I just got back from the Shanendoah 500 dualsport ride. What a blast. I'm heading to the Smokies for camping and riding Oct 20-22 with some freinds. We'll be doing all paved roads including Deals Gap and part of the parkway. Folks are welcome to join. Otherwise, I'm always up for a local weekend ride. I know some pretty good roads around Franklin and Vance counties. Shoot me an email cashngerri@earthlink.net

Ron_NC 10-10-2006 06:48 AM

I live in Lumberton, NC (about 30 min south of fayettenam). I have a klr
I bought in feb and it has 11k on it now. There are a few places to
ride around here, but nothing beats the NC mountains IMHO. We went
on a ride here this past weekend. There are a few miles (about 22) of
ATV trails here that are pretty easy. After riding some of them we went
to some forest service roads near Southport. Lots of water and mud.
We then made our way to the ferry and caught the next one over to
Fort Fisher. You can get on the beach there but due the time we didn't.
Made our way up the coast to Wilmington for some food and coffee.
Went home from there. We are looking to get together again the first or
second weekend in November. Any takers?

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:02 AM.