ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS Tracks - Asia & the Pacific Rim (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Free Philippines GPS maps for Garmin users. shameless plug (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249590)

Jan 07-18-2007 11:39 PM

Free Philippines GPS maps for Garmin users. shameless plug
 
Hi all,
Just to let you know that there are Garmin compatible routeable maps available for the Philippines, and yes they are free.

Download here http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/

A number of contributors have given track data/help/encouragement etc. to get this project off the ground and any members from this site who have Philippine tracks or data kicking around on their hard drive may wish to contribute also. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jan

Ps did i say it's free?

Fustercluck 07-24-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan
Hi all,
Just to let you know that there are Garmin compatible routeable maps available for the Philippines, and yes they are free.

Download here http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/

A number of contributors have given track data/help/encouragement etc. to get this project off the ground and any members from this site who have Philippine tracks or data kicking around on their hard drive may wish to contribute also. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jan

Ps did i say it's free?


Thanks so much for providing this. I used your first version on my last trip there and it worked great so I know this one will. I will save my tracks on my next trip and get them to you. I have some from the last trip but it was only around metro manila so it wouldnt be much help.

NSFW 07-24-2007 05:50 PM

Maybe next time I visit the Philippines I can use this.

Thanks.

Fustercluck 08-10-2007 06:03 AM

Jan,
On your website link there are two links to maps. I have downloaded the complete one and used it on my last trip. I tried to download the new beta Luzon one from the link last night and the page would never open. Is this the same data that is in the complete version or is it an updated Luzon map? I am heading back in September and will use this wonderful map again. Thanks very much for all your work in getting this out. I can send tracks of my last trip and this one but I didn't get outside of the metro area any so there isnt much data. Thanks again.
Bill

Jan 12-06-2007 07:15 AM

new version available at freewebs.com/phroadguide

cheers,

jan

Fustercluck 12-06-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan
new version available at freewebs.com/phroadguide

cheers,

jan

Thanks very much Jan, that is a great tool you provide!

binrocha 01-06-2008 02:52 PM

free phil roadmap
 
hi'
is this mac compatible?

PhilSpace 01-06-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binrocha
hi'
is this mac compatible?

There is now a map loader and conversion app available for download from Garmin. This should let you download most garmin map images to a GPS from a Mac, but you won't be able to view and work with routes or tracks using the map on a Mac - you still have to run Windows on the Mac via Bootcamp, VMware or Parallels. i'm using VMWare with Windows XP and it works like a champ with Mapsource.

Jan 02-19-2008 09:32 PM

Hi all,

I just released the latest version of the map, which is now compatible with streetsearch on the latest models.

It's just the beta version, because i don't have enough time to make the full cuts on the map, heading back on board on saturday.

Tested on Nuvi and works fine.

With apologies to those contributors who wont find their contributions in the map, but there just wasn't enough time....

map can be found at http://freewebs.com/phroadguide

history changes can be found in c:\jklinc\history.txt

cheers and enjoy,

Jan.

Fustercluck 02-20-2008 11:16 AM

Thanks very much Jan!

PIklr 03-16-2008 01:34 AM

Jan, I will be back in april, will you be back?

Jan 03-18-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIklr
Jan, I will be back in april, will you be back?

should be back in june/july

Wild_Man 03-29-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan
should be back in june/july

hi
you shud have gone riding with us in dumaguete to boracay
PIklr and I
you missed a lot
especially the flood

too bad im using magellan gps
will get a garmin gps so i wont get lost riding around the philippines sir lol

PIklr 03-29-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild_Man
hi
you shud have gone riding with us in dumaguete to boracay
PIklr and I
you missed a lot
especially the flood

too bad im using magellan gps
will get a garmin gps so i wont get lost riding around the philippines sir lol

Hey wild man, I would be happy to donate a Garmin E trex Vista CX for your palawan ride, would love to have you track the route for us , all you need to do it turn it on, and throw it in your pack, , then I will down load the info when you get back???? :norton

PIklr 03-29-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fustercluck
Thanks very much Jan!

what a name, Fustercluck!

When you going to come ride with us???


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014