ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best SoCal KTM Dealership Service Department? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278475)

Zen Slug 10-24-2007 11:52 AM

Best SoCal KTM Dealership Service Department?

So after my nightmare experience at AV KTM I have vowed never to return. In addition to taking twice as long as they said and sending me away on a bike that was unsafe to ride they also failed to complete two of the outstanding TSB's on my bike.

Unfortunately that means I have another dealership visit in my near future and I am trying to figure out where to go. I live near Pasadena, but am willing to travel a ways in search of the elusive "good dealership experience."

Leaning towards Two Brothers Racing at the moment, but open to suggestions! :ear

scorpion 10-24-2007 01:04 PM

I was just going to post the same question.
A new 990 adv is in my future and I want a good dealer to start with.

Please don't out me with the bmw crowd. :D

jonz 10-24-2007 01:56 PM

I can't remember the name exactly but I think it was z line racing or something like that in orange county (714 area code). I bought my 520 from a guy that used them and I bought parts from them. Seemed knowledgeable and fair. iirc, they usually have an ad in cycle news.

soloyosh 10-24-2007 01:59 PM

Z Racing in Anaheim. Orangethorpe just west of the 60 Fwy.

posole vato 10-24-2007 02:26 PM

Z racing!!!

orale vato loco hommie !!!!!

greetings from the eastside of l.a!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the best place to take your 950 is to Z RACING in orange.... across the the street from IRV Seaver BMW.....

even though i don't own a 950.... i still take'm my 640.... and they doo a great job!!!!!!!

also..... their hourly rate is $50 an hour versus other local place in l.a. that charge $70 or more per hour

z racing is worth the drive.......

http://www.zracinginc.com/

good luck!!!!!

NSFW 10-24-2007 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience ZSlug. I'm just interested to see who are the preferred dealers or shop that many will recommend. I can surely benefit from this thread. :clap

As a GS owner, been very happy with the dealers in and around LA. I like the 950/990 but not ready to go big orange until we really see a reliable and local shop. Just one reason world travellers prefer a BMW!

h8c

schlim66 10-24-2007 10:17 PM

Eric's cycles, in Pasadena on Walnut just west of Hill. Although I think you probably know about them, being local.

Schlim66

scorpion 10-25-2007 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8chains
As a GS owner, been very happy with the dealers in and around LA.

h8c

That's the first time I've ever heard that!
Youre talking about Louisiana right?

Zen Slug 10-25-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlim66
Eric's cycles, in Pasadena

I've been told that Eric only performs TSB work on bikes that were purchased from him.

If that's true, it would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. :puke1

sito 10-25-2007 01:09 PM

I hate to say it but Eric's is probably your best bet in this area. It's true that he dose not like to do Warranty work but he well do it if it's needed. I found it was best for example to bring your bike for it 600 mile tune up or oil change and then request if he could do the warranty work at that time. That way the bike is apart already. If you bring him the bike just for warranty then he may fight you.

He's a weird guy but he's done a lot of work for me and I couldn't be happier with his work. The more work he dose for me the better he is to deal with. ($$)

Here's a good example: My tork limiter is acting up and I asked if he could get it fixed. He looked at and said it's not to the point where he could condemn it. But when it happens all the time he would take care of it.

All that being said, Eric and his guys know what they are doing and are good at it.

Given the remote places I go on this bike it gives me peace of mind knowing that these guys did the work and not some guy following a book to figure it out.

Don't get me wrong it will cost more money but you get what you pay for. I try to do all the simple stuff but when it come to the heavy tec shit I'll stay wih Eric's.

canpile 10-26-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Slug
I've been told that Eric only performs TSB work on bikes that were purchased from him.

If that's true, it would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. :puke1

Zen, I took a friend's 950 over to Eric's a couple weeks ago for an oil change and he did the rear brake tsb thing without me even asking about it. The bike was purchased elsewhere.:deal

NSFW 10-26-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion
That's the first time I've ever heard that!
Youre talking about Louisiana right?

Sorry, I mean L.A.

Wish we could do more tech days! Fork overhaul is one of them!

GoNOW 10-27-2007 05:10 PM

I didn't make it to the last tech day due to a gate issue, but that may be your best bet.

3 Bros in Temecula is OK. They did my rear brake TSB and I didn't buy the bike from them.

Can't say the service is perfect. They didn't get all the air out, and over tightened the oil drain plug. (different issue) But I have yet to find anyone that will service anything to my demanding standard. It's why I do just about everything myself.

scorpion 10-27-2007 10:23 PM

Speaking of SoCal dealerships, WTF is the deal with West Valley Cycles?
Is it just me that woman hates, or is it ALL customers?

Someone please defend them, because I don't understand the mathematics of a business plan that can function by being openly rude to new customers walking in the door with pockets full of money?

LKN4DRT 10-27-2007 11:26 PM

Go straight to Scuderia and don't look back. I know it's a drive but Don monitors the forum and has an impeccable reputation with the lc8.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:21 AM.