ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New Tallahassee area riders (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299164)

HTSRocker 01-05-2008 03:08 PM

New Tallahassee area riders

Where grown men talk the talk and sheep are afraid.

WoovsHoovs 01-16-2008 12:49 PM

Thanks for the pics I sometimes miss riding down there.

Jack Daniel 01-22-2008 10:38 AM

I'll be up for another Tate's Hell ride in early spring :ricky

Pick a weekend before it gets too hot

Let me know :thumb

flan8tive 01-28-2008 09:28 PM

West of Crawfordville

Is the area west of Hwy 98 on 368/Arran Road an interesting place to explore? I may be up this weekend and will have a day to mosey around in Crawfordville...Google Earth has me intrigued.

flan8tive 01-29-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTSRocker
There's plenty of forest roads and trails heading west from Crawfordville. Arran road will take you to FH-13, everything left or right and straight ahead is forest.

I'd come from Lower Bridge Road into CFDVLE from the Wakulla, then Arran to NF-13 which appears to cross CR 375/Smith Creek. Campsite is on the west side of the Ochlocknee?

flan8tive 01-29-2008 08:22 PM

I am always up for a better plan. I get in Thursday evening and I have a day at TMH with my father on Friday, so depending on how that goes, I may get to poke around Saturday and possibly camp out for a night before heading back. Don't really have complete control of my schedule, but I'll bring the scoot and my good intentions.

sailor22 01-30-2008 09:37 AM

I'm planning on doing some of those roads Saturday - the weather looks great and I have a new scooter I'm itching to exercise. Kind of a noob so would love to follow folks who know their way.

Any interest in meeting at a specific location to start?

lucky

flan8tive 01-30-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor22
I'm planning on doing some of those roads Saturday ....

Any interest in meeting at a specific location to start?

lucky

Is the Hardees in "Downtown" Crawfordville still in operation?

I am really hoping my new battery arrives...I have patellar tendonitis in the kickstart leg and I am s'posed to rest it....:rofl

bronc3 01-30-2008 11:39 AM

Sure would like to check that area out...

'Sup Rufus?

sailor22 01-31-2008 06:31 AM

Hardees in "downtown" Crawfordville at 11 a.m. this Saturday (Feb 2) sound like a good meet time / place?

gmman 01-31-2008 05:02 PM

I would love to come out, but my daughter has soccer @ 10a.m. on Saturdays. If you guys are going to be somewhere around 1p.m., I could probably meet up with ya'll.

Jeremy

flan8tive 02-01-2008 02:37 PM

Save some sand for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor22
Hardees in "downtown" Crawfordville at 11 a.m. this Saturday (Feb 2) sound like a good meet time / place?

Due to several overlapping issues, not the least my bike hauler is in the shop until Saturday AM, the other minor detail being a nasty case of tendonitis on my kick starter leg, I am rain checking, but these pics have got me psyched for a trip up there.

The other issue is my new battery, which arrived from BikeBatts.com, and is a Chinese no-name. Since really looking at the outlaw tactics of nationalized, commie-operated Chinese industry, (depleting the rainforest, raping the oceans, supporting the ivory trade, and installing fiber optics for the Taliban, are a few of their practices) I try like hell not to support the Chi-comms. The battery is getting returned with an 8x10 glossy of Juan McCain.

Any-hoo, I look forward to enjoying the wonders of Tates Hell with a nice strong battery under my seat and not a weak kicker leg...I really hope to meet some of you Sand Crackers soon.

Capotourer 02-28-2008 12:55 PM

Blue Capo? Who r u?

jaydee1445 03-03-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTSRocker
How about somtime in April, camp, ride, eat and toss back a few

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...I/DSC00925.jpg

OMG!! We have to go ride up there and save Sccaauugghhtt from Noobs On KLRs:lol3

flan8tive 03-03-2008 09:54 PM

If everybody is current on their Hepatitus shots we should stop in at Outz's Oyster Bar on the St. Marks River. Barefoot barmaid last time I was there...

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:21 PM.