ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   MOTGATT vs. ATGATT (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334155)

svs 04-22-2008 10:19 AM

MOTGATT vs. ATGATT

Most of the Gear all the time.

or:

All the Gear all the time.

I have three pairs of Kevlar lined jeans and find when I compromise on full gear I ride with the Jeans. I also got a Draggin Kevlar Shirt as my compromise if I get the urge to ride without a Jacket. Tried the shirt out a cpl weeks ago when we were at 100 degrees and it was awesome. I even have elbow and shoulder armor for it.

What say you?

JaySoy 04-22-2008 10:21 AM

It's still better than MBASSATT (My Beanie And Sleeveless Shirt All The Time)

dlew 04-22-2008 11:40 AM

I used to ride with some draggin jeans but then i felt naked without the armor.

Uncle Pollo 04-22-2008 12:12 PM

I look like an astronaut most of the time.

svs 04-22-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
I look like an astronaut most of the time.

yep, It's good to look bloated.

How's your recovery coming along?

longrider999 04-22-2008 03:18 PM

sandals

svs,i like sandals when its really hot.not talking flip flops.LEATHER sandals.im thinking of getting somebody to make me a BOOT type pair like the romans used to wear.nothing like the air blowing though your toes!they can pretty much repair everything but our SKULLS so my opinion is HELMETS are most important.my .02 worth.

LMJ 04-22-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longrider999
they can pretty much repair everything but our SKULLS so my opinion is HELMETS are most important.my .02 worth.

Spine is a bit of an issue too.

And then there's the chronic pain associate with a lot of other injuries.

Wear as much armor as you can stand, or you might spend the rest of your days sitting.

bisbonian 04-22-2008 04:24 PM

MOTTMOTT, Most of the gear most of the time. I rarely wear riding pants unless it's cold out. Of course I always wear some kind of pants:D

California 04-22-2008 04:35 PM

FFSATS
It's what you see on squids from time to time, it always makes me shake my head! Oh, that means flip flops shorts and t shirt.

But for me, I try motgmott. If the temps are below 80, it's atgatt

Boatbandit 04-22-2008 06:37 PM

I heard it somewhere on this site... Wear all the gear all the time, and in the dead of Summer when some one says "Hey, you look hot..." Just say.... "Thank-you....:clap :lol3 :clap :lol3 :clap ":D

VegasKLRider 04-22-2008 07:25 PM

MOTGATT. I don't usually wear armored pants. Yeah I know, but I make the decision knowing the consequences.

SIKLR250 04-22-2008 07:29 PM

AGTATT. No exceptions. If it's too hot, I drive.

SUVslayer 04-22-2008 07:36 PM

I wear atgatt. My cycleport suit breathes so well it's like wearing a thin t-shirt. It only gets hot when I stop.
Then again, I was atgatt when I wore leathers and aerostitch, too. what can I say, I'm a tool.

TXL 04-22-2008 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Helmet always, jacket, boots and gloves sometimes, pants hardly ever.

I've never crashed in 10 years of riding so that's a factor for SOTGSOTT. Another factor - I've crashed while bicycle racing on asphalt many times, and used to play softball in shorts 5 nights a week in S. Fla. (chronic skinned knees).

Road rash heals in a few weeks and is not the end of the world. For me its WELL worth 10 years of riding in comfort (SOTGSOTT) for 1 episode of road rash.

If I'm going bicycle speeds on a motorcycle, I'm wearing bicycle clothing.

Some here may have a different risk tolerance, but whats with all the ATGATT evangelizing?

josjor 04-22-2008 09:07 PM

I'm pretty much ATGATT with the exception of the occasional work commute and then I don't wear armored pants. Then again, I live in a town of 5,000 and my work commute is a whole .65 miles.:D

Last year in TX I spent a week in a town of about 1,000. I rode to the convenience store for beer without a helmet and I felt completely wierd. I put the helmet and jacket on the next trip.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:23 PM.