ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Twvt (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384536)

intothenew 09-13-2008 06:39 PM

Twvt

My humble attempt to show the beauty of the state of West Virginia is ready for release. It's free for all you FF's. I ask that you don't distribute, or post the file or your track logs. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

This will always be work in process, your comments good or bad are always welcome.

April 11, 2011

As of today, the TWVT will be rolled into the TET file. Nothing of real importance changes, it's simply a way to consolidate a few things. I hope this makes it easier on you, and me.

Tetched 09-13-2008 07:29 PM

:clap very cool.

As soon as I'm in the saddle,I'll run this and maybe add some :deal

Thanks for the work

9Dave 09-14-2008 05:27 AM

:thumb Very cool -

Is this dirt & unmaintained roads? Just maintained gravel and paved? Combo of all?

Dave

intothenew 09-14-2008 05:58 AM

Combo of all, first release is big bike friendly. I have hero sections and mine roads in reserve, I am a bit timid about posting those right now.

My ultimate goal with this release was an efficient, yet fun run through. I am now working on tying this to Jellico to the west, and TNJT to the north. I think you can see where that is going.

turkeyman101 09-15-2008 12:04 PM

Good Work intothenew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by intothenew
Combo of all, first release is big bike friendly. I have hero sections and mine roads in reserve,

Way to go dude! That was a whole lotta work to do and awesome of you to share it with FF's.:bow I hope to help plot out some more 'never to be released' but often ridden hero sections. :ricky

9Dave 09-15-2008 02:55 PM

Looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

One thing you might want to do is filter down the couple tracks that are more than 500 points. The GPSMap units will want to truncate those. If you want to be nice, you can filter them down further so the older units with a 250 point limit (I think there are some out there) can deal with them.

I might just get to ride some of this next month.:thumb

Dave

intothenew 09-15-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-950
Looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

One thing you might want to do is filter down the couple tracks that are more than 500 points. The GPSMap units will want to truncate those. If you want to be nice, you can filter them down further so the older units with a 250 point limit (I think there are some out there) can deal with them.

I might just get to ride some of this next month.:thumb

Dave

Bam! Done. If you want a revised copy just ask. all less than 250.

9Dave 09-15-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Bam! Done. If you want a revised copy just ask. all less than 250.

Cool - I have done my version already.:thumb

Now to get some time to ride it.:deal

intothenew 09-16-2008 06:30 PM

Wow

Nice response, just about equal north and south of the Mason Dixon. That's a good thing. I think I have caught up on the PMs, let me know if I missed ya.

9Dave 09-17-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Nice response, just about equal north and south of the Mason Dixon.

Yeah, we northerners do travel.:thumb

I know this is kind of obvious to those in the know - but in order to easily load the tracks, into a GPS, you need a GPSMap unit, like the 60's, 76's, X76/78's, etc. If you have a Quest, Street Pilot, or the like, you are limited to loading over top of the active tracklog. The work around would be to use the track to create a point to point route (so the unit doesn't try to recalc them)

That's why tracks rock - they are what they are, and don't change.

Dave

TomN 09-22-2008 07:07 AM

Thanks for sending it so fast, hope to give it a try next year!

chrishsu 09-25-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

My humble attempt to show the beauty of the state of West Virginia is ready for release. Starts in the southwestern corner and runs almost to the top of the eastern panhandle. It's free for all you FF's. Just PM me an e-mail address and please give me your first and last name. I ask that you don't distribute, or post the file or your track logs. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

This will always be work in process, your comments good or bad are always welcome.

Thanks so much for sharing! It looks really good!

RichardU 10-01-2008 12:57 PM

Looks great. Might be nice to tie this through NC down into GA. Would make a great MotoAT trail.

andywaddell 10-25-2008 04:29 AM

Got 'em. Thanks!

Quote:

My humble attempt to show the beauty of the state of West Virginia is ready for release. Starts in the southwestern corner and runs almost to the top of the eastern panhandle. It's free for all you FF's. Just PM me an e-mail address and please give me your first and last name. I ask that you don't distribute, or post the file or your track logs. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Got the files you sent via email. Thanks! Also responded via email as well.

Gimmeslack 10-25-2008 11:34 AM

Thanks for files/email.

One question: what version mapsource do I need?
Running 6.10.02 and it tells me it can't read gdb file :baldy

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 AM.