ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hawaii Adventure riders check in!! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390903)

MOTARDJUNKIE 09-30-2008 11:12 PM

Hawaii Adventure riders check in!!
 
MY name is David and I live in kaneohe bay HI. Hitting Kahukus Offroad park on saturday and wondering if anyone wanted to come with me and show it to me. I have never been so its bound to be an adventure :D


PM me if you wanna go.

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-02-2008 03:52 PM

Guess Im the only one living in Hawaii.

Groo 10-03-2008 03:55 PM

when I fly in after the new year I will PM you and ride with you then :evil

I want to spend at least one day with a GS Rental.

Since your the only ADV Rider there. :freaky

Don't know when or where yet, were just now planning a trip.

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-04-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatBones
when I fly in after the new year I will PM you and ride with you then :evil

I want to spend at least one day with a GS Rental.

Since your the only ADV Rider there. :freaky

Don't know when or where yet, were just now planning a trip.

Ok Just let me know. We can check Maui Dual Sports while your here. 169 per day for a gs and we can ride MAUI!!:freaky

Mudcat 10-04-2008 03:45 AM

There is a new GSA owner posting in Gspot, he lives in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State>. Goes by the handle of mrt10x

Oni 10-04-2008 09:48 AM

Hey bruddah

There is a group of serious dual sport riders in HI. Don't remember if he posts here or on Thumpertalk.

Wish I was there! :D

:D


Katonk

Southest US Thumper 10-05-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTARDJUNKIE
Guess Im the only one living in Hawaii.

Aw there's bunches of folks in Hawaii, well at least some, such as meself, Mauna Kea, PHACTORYPHIL, Great Sandhu, AllEuro, and at least three or five others, o.k. two of them moved to the mangeland.

I'm on the big island, haven't ridden for almost five months while recovering from a fricken shoulder injury from the Mauna Kea 200 LOOK HERE . Riding is pretty good over here for DS in the way of having a quality plated dirt bike to avoid trailering, the Super Ferry is supposed to start to this rock next year, put your bike on the boat and come on down! :clap

Talofa

Southest US Thumper 10-05-2008 10:40 PM

Oh yeah, the guy that bought my last and nicely farkled DRZ is a squid that works in the P3 Squadron assigned to MCBH, blue, yosh pipe, BD tail light, pegs, etc. etc.

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-07-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni
Hey bruddah

There is a group of serious dual sport riders in HI. Don't remember if he posts here or on Thumpertalk.

Wish I was there! :D

HEY!! I BE DAR BOUT DREEOLOCK!! :rofl I posted this same add on Thumpertalk. Found a guy who rides Kahukus on the weekends. SHould be going with him Saturday. I have also ridden up on Haliewa with a guy named Buz. Im slowly meeting some riders around. Most truck their bikes though. Buz dont but nearly all at Kahukus do. :huh Guess they dont get Dual Sports. As far as DS rider group, Im all about it!! Oh and why arn't you here??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper
Aw there's bunches of folks in Hawaii, well at least some, such as meself, Mauna Kea, PHACTORYPHIL, Great Sandhu, AllEuro, and at least three or five others, o.k. two of them moved to the mangeland.

I'm on the big island, haven't ridden for almost five months while recovering from a fricken shoulder injury from the Mauna Kea 200 LOOK HERE . Riding is pretty good over here for DS in the way of having a quality plated dirt bike to avoid trailering, the Super Ferry is supposed to start to this rock next year, put your bike on the boat and come on down! :clap

Talofa

I'm planning on doing it! I have wanted to ride the big island since I got here and got my bike! Its not everyday you get 3 years to ride all over Hawai'i. I'll get there in die time. Gotta save some cash for a hotel. They can get expensive over there. Unless you wanna loan me a cot at your office :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper
Oh yeah, the guy that bought my last and nicely farkled DRZ is a squid that works in the P3 Squadron assigned to MCBH, blue, yosh pipe, BD tail light, pegs, etc. etc.

Im in the Marines and Im on MCBH. Wouldnt happen to know if he is still here would ya? How long ago did you sell it to him??

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-07-2008 01:20 AM

Im deff coming to the big island to ride!! I saw your pics from the link you posted. WOW!! I will be there as soon as the superferry starts going. Ill buy you a beer or 10 for a guide around the island for a day or two.

Andyinhilo 10-07-2008 09:35 PM

I'm checking in from here in Hilo, fairly new to the DS thing, I finally decided to start riding again after a 15 year break. I used to be a Suzuki dealer many years ago in Fla. Road raced and motocrossed, but never was much for on/off road bikes. Back in May I got a new DR650 and then a used DR200 to play with. Let us know when you come to the BI.

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-08-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyinhilo
I'm checking in from here in Hilo, fairly new to the DS thing, I finally decided to start riding again after a 15 year break. I used to be a Suzuki dealer many years ago in Fla. Road raced and motocrossed, but never was much for on/off road bikes. Back in May I got a new DR650 and then a used DR200 to play with. Let us know when you come to the BI.

The ferry already goes to Maui so riding with you would be no problem. If we could just get a ride from the to the big island we would be set. The wife already cleared me to go and spend a few days riding all I gotta do for his everything she tells me. (not problem since I do anyway, I gotta live with her ya know :rofl) J/K

If you want to find us some trails around Maui I could come over on a Sat and ride all day with you and then come back on Sunday.

Southest US Thumper 10-09-2008 10:44 PM

Junkie -

I believe he's still there, he was deploying last mssg I got from him but those P3 deployments are usually 90 days or so. He wasn't interested in the 17" Excels I had for the bike so I sold em seperately.

MAG 24 is coming over later this month, throw your bike on the back of a 53 and ride the mountain!:evil

MOTARDJUNKIE 10-12-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper
Junkie -

I believe he's still there, he was deploying last mssg I got from him but those P3 deployments are usually 90 days or so. He wasn't interested in the 17" Excels I had for the bike so I sold em seperately.

MAG 24 is coming over later this month, throw your bike on the back of a 53 and ride the mountain!:evil

Wish I could man, Im in the grunts and the wing guys dont like us very much:huh

Either way I will be there before I deploy in May to afghanistan :clap

Ill be over there in Feb for the PTA field op. Illbe sure to find ya. WOnt be able to bring my bike on that one though

Southest US Thumper 10-13-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTARDJUNKIE
Wish I could man, Im in the grunts and the wing guys dont like us very much:huh

Either way I will be there before I deploy in May to afghanistan :clap

Ill be over there in Feb for the PTA field op. Illbe sure to find ya. WOnt be able to bring my bike on that one though

I'm in Bldg T-180, right across from the Shoppette, down the hall and to the right.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014