ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   F800gs...Touring screens? you got one ? Lets us see um! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406434)

HighTechCoonass 11-13-2008 04:58 PM

F800gs...Touring screens? you got one ? Lets us see um!
 
Things are moving along...with the GS project. Since I dished my seat out (now is sit about 1" and 1/2" lower) the wind is hitting me in the helmet causing more noise. I am also thinking spoiler?

http://hightechcoonass.smugmug.com/p...48_dkiLi-L.jpg

markymcd 11-14-2008 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass
Things are moving along...with the GS project. Since I dished my seat out (now is sit about 1" and 1/2" lower) the wind is hitting me in the helmet causing more noise. I am also thinking spoiler?

http://hightechcoonass.smugmug.com/p...48_dkiLi-L.jpg

I've got the Touratech spoiler and it helps a lot. But still for touring you might want a bit more... I'm going to keep an eye out on this thread to see what people have been doing.

By the way... do you like the Givi guards???? i'm thinking either those or the Hepco Becker... the Givi's might look a bit too wide though????? plus more than likely I will be adding foldaway highway pegs to the guards too.

McD

johngil 11-14-2008 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cee Bailey 16" euro in light gray.

jessehere 11-14-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymcd
\do you like the Givi guards???? i'm thinking either those or the Hepco Becker... the Givi's might look a bit too wide though????? plus more than likely I will be adding foldaway highway pegs to the guards too.

McD

with the givi bars you dont need no stinkin hiway pegs - just lay you legs over the top...very comfy:clap

HighTechCoonass 11-14-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessehere
with the givi bars you dont need no stinkin hiway pegs - just lay you legs over the top...very comfy:clap

yes they are perfect for me! And i can kick up the legs!...and I did not want to spend too much. Also on a scale of 1 10 10 being hard core off roading I am about 7. So I am spending a little less on the protection and a little more on comfort. I just ordered a Corbin seat. I only ride the great wild west once a year.

HighTechCoonass 11-14-2008 05:49 PM

food for thought....
 
http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/me...0419-01-lg.jpg

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/me...0370-01-lg.jpg


http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/art/f650_800_euro_01.jpg

RobTheRigger 11-14-2008 06:15 PM

HTC, you're right about the helmet noise. Even as short as I am, with the BMW touring screen and the factory low seat (I think the ergos are the same for the 650 and 800), it's pretty loud. And that comes after 15 years around Navy jets and 20+ years of going to punk rock shows!

McD, Do you like the side wind deflectors? I'm setting up my 650 for all-weather combat commuting and wanted to see how other folks like 'em and if they're worth the cost. I put the nose on mine, too. It really completes the look IMO.

-Rob

thelouv 11-14-2008 09:05 PM

Coonass, can I borrow your dished out factory seat? Since it will be in your garage after the Corbin arrives.

Not to hijack the thread but, someone mentioned the crash bars. I just today ordered a set of Wunderlichs from BMW Santa Cruz. Very unique. And very $$$$. But I really like the look and coverage.

HighTechCoonass 11-16-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelouv
Coonass, can I borrow your dished out factory seat? Since it will be in your garage after the Corbin arrives.

Not to hijack the thread but, someone mentioned the crash bars. I just today ordered a set of Wunderlichs from BMW Santa Cruz. Very unique. And very $$$$. But I really like the look and coverage.

You got it thelouv, before of after - the Corbin comes in. If the COrbin works out the dish out will go for sale for 150. If you like i I can do others for other Advriders!

labatts1999 11-16-2008 04:42 PM

I was snooping around on http://www.ukgser.com and came across a discussion on this subject. Lots of talk about the options given. Its probably one of those personal preference items. Some like this while others like that. That said the PowerBronze flip screen looks promising to me at a reasonable price. Still need to do more research, reading, and lurking to really decide. I'll be following this thread closely since the stock screen leaves a bit to be desired and winter is the time for modifications.



:ear

HighTechCoonass 11-16-2008 05:59 PM

power bronze flip up
 
get um here $100...plug other GS stuff...great find! thanks for the info!

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/do_search.aspx

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/images_...8E0-800-0.JPEG

labatts1999 11-16-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass




Yep, that's the screen I'm liking so far. Looks like it'll do the job and still doesn't look ugly as hell.

markymcd 11-16-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADV FF
McD, Do you like the side wind deflectors? I'm setting up my 650 for all-weather combat commuting and wanted to see how other folks like 'em and if they're worth the cost. I put the nose on mine, too. It really completes the look IMO.

-Rob

I like em but I don't think they make too significant a difference. Works better than not using them though and they do look good. I installed them myself and I had to remove ALL of the plastic panels on the front because you have to drill into your frame to attach them. The instructions were for the f800 fairing which is different so I had to do some figuring before I started drilling. If you do get them let me know and I can walk you through a great technique I figured out.... and Ya, I just put the beak extension on a couple of weeks ago and I love the look.

cheers

labatts1999 11-16-2008 06:22 PM

I read somewhere that Aeroflow is working on a screen but haven't seen any foto's yet. Some of their screens are pretty fugly though.

labatts1999 11-16-2008 06:29 PM

So, High Tech have you come to any conclusions? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the PowerBronze. Metal Mule has one similar that might be worth a look also. Don't know if they're in production on it or if its a re-brand from the same makers of the PowerBronze.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014