ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Save Johnson Valley Ride - December 13-14 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407883)

Elefant 900 Rad 11-18-2008 11:32 AM

Save Johnson Valley Ride - December 13-14

Sounds like a good event for a great cause in a great riding area (I haven't been there yet).

BRP Fun Ride to Save Johnson Valley Link

Let's get some of you ADVriders who like Johnson Valley to attend this event and show your support !!

I'm going to try to make it, maybe with some other San Diego Adventure Riders also.

United Our Voices Can be Heard
Protecting OHV access is not only important for our business and other’s like it but for the many thousands of families who share our love for OHV recreation. And with the help of District 37, ORBA and a host of others we hope you will unite with us for this cause.

erinbomber 11-18-2008 01:21 PM

Save Johnson Valley

I lurk a lot, rarely post, but this is worth posting for!

Even if you are in the "it's already a done deal" camp, go out and support this cause. Even if it is a done deal, they have not made the decision whether they will expand east or west yet. With enough noise we still have a chance to convince them that going east (the other side of the base, away from Johnson Valley) will be less painful.

I attended the meeting in Victorville. Important things to know.
  • Public comment period closes December 15. If you want your opinion known, write to the Barstow BLM office with your opinion before that date!
  • Write your congressman, ulitmately it's they who vote on Johnson Valley's fate
  • Mention how sandy it is... evidently tanks have issues with sand?!?!?!? (Okay, I just heard this in passing, but whatever works...)
My.02

Elefant 900 Rad 11-18-2008 02:06 PM

Yes, there is no sense in giving up until it's a final decision. As you said, we still may be able to influence what happens.

scorpion 11-18-2008 03:03 PM

I'll be checking it out, nothings a done deal :thumb

punkenduro 11-18-2008 06:09 PM

ill be trying to make this ride. probally only get sat. off and ride back and work sunday.

johngil 11-18-2008 07:43 PM

There will be five loops laid out to ride.
One for the kids, one for UTV's, two for bikes and quads, and one bike only loop.
Nothing crazy, but laid out and marked by District 37 members and clubs.

gabepari 11-18-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johngil
There will be five loops laid out to ride.
One for the kids, one for UTV's, two for bikes and quads, and one bike only loop.
Nothing crazy, but laid out and marked by District 37 members and clubs.

Would like to bring the kids out for this one. Could I come out in my Samurai?? Could do the UTV course.

Thanks,

Gabe

riceless950 11-18-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elefant 900 Rad
Yes, there is no sense in giving up until it's a final decision. As you said, we still may be able to influence what happens.

When I was at the 29 Palms "presentation" I talked to the Ex-BLM Regional Superintendent turned current Marine/BLM Liaison and Marine Landgrab Project Director.

When I asked if it was feasible that they might consider some sort of compensation or land trade, he said there was already some mention of that and that it was a possibility. So that would be something worth mentioning in your letters to the BLM or Congressperson. The hills to the south of the current OHV area would make a primo trade.:nod Turn that into an open riding area! Even trade acre for acre.

Doghouse_Riley 11-18-2008 11:17 PM

This sounds like a great weekend for riding. I'm 90% sure me and my gf will be camping out at this ride.:ricky :thumb

RAZR 11-19-2008 12:33 AM

i got myself penciled in for that sunday!!!

2old2race 11-19-2008 04:19 AM

Gonna put this on my calander

Elefant 900 Rad 11-21-2008 01:08 PM

ADMIN......can you possibly PIN this topic, since it's for an important cause in California.

Thanks

punkenduro 11-22-2008 04:04 PM

bump for the "protest".

erinbomber 11-23-2008 07:31 AM

bump

hidesertbomber 12-02-2008 11:31 AM

bumpity

I'm there with the famdamly. Should be out by Friday late afternoon.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:33 AM.