ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Richmond Va chatter (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416843)

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 02:38 PM

Richmond Va chatter

Wanted to start this thread in case BoatBandit didn't want us clogging up the Richmond Check in thread.

Ok. Post whatever you want here Richmond folks, but I'm mostly interested in gaming, electronics, cool places for tags, hiking spots, and any motorcycling related stuff like repair questions/tips/gear etc...

manganos 12-19-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond
Wanted to start this thread in case BoatBandit didn't want us clogging up the Richmond Check in thread.

Ok. Post whatever you want here Richmond folks, but I'm mostly interested in gaming, electronics, cool places for tags, hiking spots, and any motorcycling related info....

Sounds like a good thread to discuss blow up dolls. :gerg

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manganos
Sounds like a good thread to discuss blow up dolls. :gerg

Whatever floats your boat! :lol3 Better yet, how about dolls that blow up. Now where is that old Barbie my college bound girls left in the attic...:evil

Guy Young 12-19-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Whatever floats your boat! :lol3 Better yet, how about dolls that blow up. Now where is that old Barbie my college bound girls left in the attic...:evil

I do know where my older daughter's Christmas Holiday Barbie dolls are, still hermetically sealed in the original boxes........ almost 10 years worth.

Probably more valuable than my damn IRAs are now (afraid to look - seriously).

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Young
I do know where my older daughter's Christmas Holiday Barbie dolls are, still hermetically sealed in the original boxes........ almost 10 years worth.

Probably more valuable than my damn IRAs are now (afraid to look - seriously).

Yea. I canceled my bi-weekly 401K contributions for now since all it was doing was lose money. So now at least I can get the few % from a CD and make money for a change...

MAN OF BLUES 12-19-2008 02:58 PM

camera anyone?

see, this will really work as an info exchange...
well, here
to keep the Va thread hoy-po-loy happy I post here for Y'all
www.woot.com

$280 dollar 12mp camera for $129 shipped..... one day sale.....

tell me it ain't a great tagger's dream deal....:huh

manganos 12-19-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Yea. I canceled my bi-weekly 401K contributions for now since all it was doing was lose money. So now at least I can get the few % from a CD and make money for a change...

I'd reconsider that. Now that the stock price is low you are getting more shares for you $$$$ When/if the price goes up you have more shares to gain more money. Put the money back IMHO. I know a lot of people who have borrowed against their 401k because the 4 percent interest they are paying back is more then they would get by leaving it alone :gerg

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
see, this will really work as an info exchange...
well, here
to keep the Va thread hoy-po-loy happy I post here for Y'all
www.woot.com

$280 dollar 12mp camera for $129 shipped..... one day sale.....

tell me it ain't a great tagger's dream deal....:huh

Sounds like a good deal to me! :thumb 12 mp too. Dam, remember when 5mp was the be all and end all for cameras...:lol3

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

I'd reconsider that. Now that the stock price is low you are getting more shares for you $$$$ When/if the price goes up you have more shares to gain more money. Put the money back IMHO. I know a lot of people who have borrowed against their 401k because the 4 percent interest they are paying back is more then they would get by leaving it alone :gerg

I don't know how it works, I just keep getting the updates that my 401k is down 12.2% last quarter, 10% the previous etc...and until things start turning around I don't see a need to take more of my money each check right now when it keeps losing it. :confused

manganos 12-19-2008 03:50 PM

Well, if you put the money into it and the stock market is low. You are buying more shares. OK look at it this way. I put a few hundred bux a week into my 401k. My company matches me 88%. So if the stock they purchase has gone down from 100 a share to 50 a share. Now I'm buying double the stock. If the stock back up to 100 a share I've made some serious money. PLUS they have matched 88% of my money so it is ALMOST a win win. My take on it atleast.

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Well, if you put the money into it and the stock market is low....

Thanks for the info...:thumb

Ok, so now on to more important stuff :lol3, like is anyone else playing Fallout 3? I have it for the PS3 and I'm pissed that new content is only coming out for the Xbox 360 apparently...

Also, got some 'lobster claw' rain mitts from Ultimate cycle. Seems to work well, though its hard to pull my jacket sleeve over the mitts (with the mitts on) so the rain will run down and over them. Suggestions?

Any recommendations for a spray or other device to keep my sunglasses from fogging up so bad?. Tried some 'anti-fog' spray and it did jack.

Any forthcoming news about the next Richmond get-together???

Gee its nice to be able to blather on and on, and to quote Cycletech "say whatever
the F* I want." That was a classic...LOL.

manganos 12-19-2008 04:02 PM

:baldy

RimBenty 12-19-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

At least put in what your company matches. Thats more than you'll get anywhere else and if you lose half, you still break even. The trick to making money in stocks is buy low and sell high, kind of sounds like you are going to do the opposite.

mikeinrichmond 12-19-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLink
At least put in what your company matches. Thats more than you'll get anywhere else and if you lose half, you still break even. The trick to making money in stocks is buy low and sell high, kind of sounds like you are going to do the opposite.

Thanks all for the info...:thumb

manganos 12-19-2008 04:11 PM

Smartass lol.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:08 PM.