ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   F 800gs $$$$$ (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421906)

Surfdog 01-08-2009 03:02 PM

F 800gs $$$$$

OK... I'm looking to purchase a new F800GS.

How are the dealers :whip :viking :viking :viking

What did you pay for your bike ? :kat

Freight & Setup ? :ban

thanks.....

peter_sd 01-08-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfdog
OK... I'm looking to purchase a new F800GS.

How are the dealers :whip :viking :viking :viking

What did you pay for your bike ? :kat

Freight & Setup ? :ban

thanks.....

Where do you Live ?

I paid $500 under MSRP for mine. it had the heated grips , ABS and the Computer. So out the door around 14k

You only pay destination Charge there is no setup fee. The destination charge is around $475

Florida Lime 01-08-2009 04:07 PM

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=F800GS+prices

Among others

tmex 01-08-2009 04:19 PM

I bought an HP2 at BMW of Daytona and they shipped it to Cali. Great people to deal with and some of the best pricing across the board anywhere in the USA.

Firefight911 01-09-2009 11:55 AM

It is really a moot point to look at anything other than out the door (OTD) pricing. A lower than MSRP bike is no better than an MSRP bike if there are add on charges, etc. I don't care where and on what line the charges are. I only care what the bottom line $$$$'s are. The only variable to this is when comparing OTD prices with different DMV fee and tax rates.

That being said, I just bought an F650GS and an F800GS from A&S and was ounbelievably pleased with the pricing OTD.

F650GS is my wife's and the F800GS is mine. AK here we come!!

scooteraug02 01-11-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bmwfan
It is really a moot point to look at anything other than out the door (OTD) pricing. A lower than MSRP bike is no better than an MSRP bike if there are add on charges, etc.

Some guys don't know what OTD "Out The Door" means.

I have seen guys post:

I got mine for $14,000 OTD plus $1500 shipping and set up and taxes.

To me OTD means you give the dealer $X amount and you take the bike out the door and do what you want with it because it is yours and you owe nothing more.

timbo1150 02-04-2009 03:20 PM

F800GS - Some advice needed - what did you pay??

Hey guys
I'm asking this on behalf of a friend here in Vegas who is teetering
on the brink of buying a new F800GS (I think its gonna be a grey one with ABS and heated grips).I'm not sure what the market is like right now...?
What did you pay at your dealer - out the door? Did they give any discount? Throw in any accessories?
Any feedback or help welcomed!
Many thanks
Tim (for Robert who can't join right now..?))

WoodWorks 02-04-2009 03:46 PM

Last October I paid $12,670 for the titanium F800 with ABS, center stand, comfort package (OBC & heated grips), and clear signal lenses. There's no sales tax in Oregon, but there was another $188 in license fees.

So the total price came to $12,858. Out the door. No other charges of any sort.

Discount? Free Accessories? :jack

David

Bike4Fun 02-04-2009 04:03 PM

This is a huge debate. You have the guys that have a relationship with a dealer tell you that you can get a great discount and first time buyers tell you there is no discount. Some of it will depend on the location and the number of dealers, ie competition. I'm sure the economy is having some affect, however I just talked to my dealer who said they had a great December.

I'm sure that you can find some deals out there. The thing to keep in mind is its a new model for 2009, the sales for this bike are hot and although there may not be a waiting list anymore I don't believe you are going to find discounts in the $2K range. Discounts on accessories - probably not.

In fact the price of the bike just increased as of Jan 1. Now whether dealers have increased their price or not, I don't know. It comes down to whether you like the bike or not. If you like it then $500 bucks isn't going to make that big of a difference. If you can get a $1K discount then its certainly worth some time. Everyone has an opinion. The only opinion that matters is what your friend is willing to pay.

Do a search for F800GS pricing and you will find all kinds of opinions.

timbo1150 02-04-2009 05:12 PM

Thanks - we'll do some more searching.
The dealer here seems pretty good and fair - I guess it just comes down to
talking it thru with the on the day!?
Cheers guys

One Eye Mike 02-04-2009 05:26 PM

Last September I paid $15,000 for the Yellow/Blk F800 with ABS, center stand, comfort package (OBC & heated grips), and clear signal lenses. That price included all license fees. We have no sales tax in Anchorage. They sold me the BMW skid plate for another $250.00 Location, Location, Location........

One Eye Mike 02-04-2009 05:27 PM

BTW, There was a waiting list to buy the bike. The guy in front of me backed out and I bought it without even seeing it. And I LOVE it!!!!:D

LDHunter 02-04-2009 05:34 PM

There used to be a bunch of them on ebay and they were getting down in the low 11's but then they all disappeared. Maybe demand caught up with supply or maybe BMW stopped their dealers from selling on ebay. :deal

I dunno but I'm looking for a good deal on one too and don't like the yellow so I guess it'll be a gray one.

$bob$

HighTechCoonass 02-04-2009 05:35 PM

I was first on my dealers list and paid MSRP plus shipping, plus $250 in dealer fees and Louisiana state tax.

Gerg 02-04-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass
I was first on my dealers list and paid MSRP plus shipping, plus $250 in dealer fees and Louisiana state tax.

Dealer fees are pure profit and a rip off, period.

Gerg

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:48 AM.