ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Calgarians that dualsport (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431728)

macuser 02-09-2009 10:55 PM

Calgarians that dualsport
 
Check in if you are a Calgarian and like doing dual-sport rides.

I have a KTM LC4 640 Enduro (just converted to an Adventure model)
and a KTM 450EXC

Moribach 02-10-2009 03:20 PM

I think there is a thread for this somewhere already... but im easy.

F650GS Dakar.

It's probably 80% road miles, but i like to break things offroad.

macuser 02-10-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moribach
I think there is a thread for this somewhere already... but im easy.

F650GS Dakar.

It's probably 80% road miles, but i like to break things offroad.

cool. let me know and we can go sometime. Do u ever ride with Alberta Dual Sport club?

Moribach 02-10-2009 07:41 PM

My bike is still spending its winter vacation in my buddies garage. Got my service all booked for early march... so she'll stay inside and warm a bit longer.

Havn't ridden with any of the alberta dual spot guys, but i have 'stolen' and re-hidden the flash cache last summer. Mostly ride by myself and add my buddys on to that depending on the day.

macuser 02-10-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moribach
My bike is still spending its winter vacation in my buddies garage. Got my service all booked for early march... so she'll stay inside and warm a bit longer.

Havn't ridden with any of the alberta dual spot guys, but i have 'stolen' and re-hidden the flash cache last summer. Mostly ride by myself and add my buddys on to that depending on the day.

I've been out but i also have to set the valves on my 640. i did the 450 late in the fall and changed the oil on the 640 while in California but the valves need 2 b set. I just received the tank for the LC4 640 but the other parts will be a couple of weeks. When they come in my bike will be out of service for a while.

cedric 02-11-2009 09:05 PM

I have a DR650, and a broken back. I'm in a brace for 3 months, hopefully will be able to do a bit of riding after I heal up.

alberta bob 02-11-2009 09:45 PM

2 hours south of Calgary does that count , gs100 it gets up to Calgary once a year for service .

Scratch 02-12-2009 09:02 AM

Check out 'AlbertaDualSport.ca' Lot's of Dual Sport riders in the Calgary area frequent the place.

Scratch

gsstampeder 02-13-2009 06:09 AM

I'll ride the dirt roads on my f650....I always end up out around bragg creek, millarville, or turner valley.

macuser 02-13-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsstampeder
I'll ride the dirt roads on my f650....I always end up out around bragg creek, millarville, or turner valley.

we'll have 2 get a bunch of people out in the spring

ABADV 02-13-2009 11:29 AM

I'll bite
 
I have a WR450 Registered and Insured in Alberta.

Lav1200 02-13-2009 03:00 PM

macuser - you also might want to check out http://adsmc.ca for DS group rides from Calgary... McLean Creek, Ghost/Waiparous, Cypress, Nordegg, etc are some of the riding areas we head to. Most of the group seems to be on 400-650cc thumpers (I ride a Husky TE610).

macuser 02-14-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lav1200
macuser - you also might want to check out http://adsmc.ca for DS group rides from Calgary... McLean Creek, Ghost/Waiparous, Cypress, Nordegg, etc are some of the riding areas we head to. Most of the group seems to be on 400-650cc thumpers (I ride a Husky TE610).

husky 610 street legal cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

dorkpunch 02-16-2009 03:58 PM

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I may be moving to Brooks- is that close enough to Calgary to count? :norton Seriously though... Where do you all ride? I grew up about 2.5 hrs South of Calgary. We had enough fun in fields and out at the Ridge, but seriously. Coming from where we live now back here... I think I'll go crazy without my single-track!!!


-and I'm on an '02 LC4E. Currently it has SM wheels- but that can change in a couple of minutes. :deal Spend a fair bit of time on old Hondas too... :lol3

chucker 02-20-2009 07:49 PM

I'm on here as well. Current rides are a 07 KTM 450 exc, 03 Strom 1000, and in the middle of a 77 XT500 resto. I'm also on Alberta Dual Sport under the same name. I organize a backroads Kootenay trip annually, check it out and see if it tickles your fancy!:freaky


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014