ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   F800GS Holan Crashbars report (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434510)

The Griz 02-18-2009 04:48 PM

F800GS Holan Crashbars report

Can anyone that has the Holan Crashbars installed on their F800GS give me a bit of info?

1) Did they install easy?

2) Do they actually protect the side panels?

3) What are your general thoughts on them?

Thanks!:D

tmex 02-18-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Griz
Can anyone that has the Holan Crashbars installed on their F800GS give me a bit of info?

1) Did they install easy?

2) Do they actually protect the side panels?

3) What are your general thoughts on them?

Thanks!:D

I do not think they are shipping yet. I like the design concept with the "sacrificial bolts" to the engine. They look very similar to the Hepko-Becker in terms of coverage and general layout. I installed the HB's in about an hour, and I am very slow. I would expect the Holan's to bolt right up no problem at all. I know of several people with Holan's on order (not all F8 BTW). I do not know of anyone who has received any actual product.

johngil 02-18-2009 05:54 PM

I've had mine for a couple of months now. I went down once in the ice. Can't find a scratch.
I would recommend them for fit and finish, and being very out of the way.
When I take a real digger, I'll report back.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...shbar-side.jpg

M N B 02-18-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johngil

What is that ginormous bolt in your brake pedal for?

Nice lookin' bars, btw.

johngil 02-18-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M N B
What is that ginormous bolt in your brake pedal for?

Nice lookin' bars, btw.

The bolt is gone since I put the lowboy footpegs on.

RedHawk47 02-18-2009 10:06 PM

lowboy footpegs?

Quote:

The bolt is gone since I put the lowboy footpegs on.

What's the "lowboy footpegs"?
I would like to lower the footpegs to open my knee angle.
Thx

johngil 02-18-2009 10:09 PM

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...roducts_id/428

Check these out.

markymcd 02-18-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

How are they for vibe dampening at speed though? I've got a bad knee so i'd be concerned about losing the rubber.

... and sorry for hijacking the thread a bit

thanks, Mark

MCMXCIVRS 02-19-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmex
I do not think they are shipping yet. I like the design concept with the "sacrificial bolts" to the engine. They look very similar to the Hepko-Becker in terms of coverage and general layout. I installed the HB's in about an hour, and I am very slow. I would expect the Holan's to bolt right up no problem at all. I know of several people with Holan's on order (not all F8 BTW). I do not know of anyone who has received any actual product.

Mine are sitting in my garage awaiting the arrival of my F800GS so I can install them. So I can confirm they are shipping. But due to the lack of the bike I can't comment on the installation. They do look well made, and I don't expect any trouble fitting them up by their appearance.

NoFace 02-19-2009 12:47 PM

I have had the Holan bars in my garage for a month. I will mount them tomorrow as my bike now, after 3 months, is back from repairs.

They seem to fit easy also with BMW big bashplate. I will mention tomorrow if there is any problems.

I think they represent the best balance between beeing robust but not too dominant and not in the way for my knees

BykMyk 02-19-2009 12:52 PM

I just recently put a set on the F8. They look like OEM, great lines. For me they were not the easiest to install, it took a couple hours to work out the sequence to get everything to fit properly. The workmanship and material are very good. They contour the plastic very well and feel solid as a rock. I haven't ops checked them (and don't plan to) but feel confident that they will do the job. I'll shoot some pics and post later.
M

Singletrack_mind 02-19-2009 01:10 PM

These look very nice, but are "out of stock" at the US distributer (according to their website). They are also $250 + shipping here in the US. In their home country they list for the euro equivalent of $200. I won't deny they appear better engineered than most.

Guess I'll wait for them to re-stock before I agonize over price.

MCMXCIVRS 02-19-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singletrack_mind
These look very nice, but are "out of stock" at the US distributer (according to their website). They are also $250 + shipping here in the US. In their home country they list for the euro equivalent of $200. I won't deny they appear better engineered than most.

Guess I'll wait for them to re-stock before I agonize over price.

I got mine from F800Depot just a few weeks ago. Might want to see if they still have some of them there.

F800 Rob 02-19-2009 08:56 PM

Yup - they are out of stock at the moment, and we're having difficulty keeping them in stock. The shipment due in tomorrow is sold out, and there are only a grand total of 3 remaining from the shipment due to leave the EU next Wednesday / Thursday, arriving in the US close to the end of the month.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about the product or lead time, as I pretty much run the show when in comes to Holan in the US.

:deal

(sorry for the spam!)

alonzo 02-20-2009 05:54 AM

I've got them on my F650GS. I had issues with the right side mounting plate (mounts to engine then bars bolt to plate) not fitting due to interference with the clutch cover. I had to grind considerable metal off the plate before it fit. Only other issue was the alignment of the parts that cross in front of the engine ( took a little force to get them aligned so they could be bolted together). I am, however, very happy with the holans. Very nicely made, pretty light weight, look good and (hopefully) give good protection. -- alonzo

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:19 PM.