ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457810)

Al Goodwin 04-26-2009 05:09 AM

Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge

Anyone planning on attending?

Watching or riding?

I'll be there riding a KLR650:huh , imagine that....in the 40+ Ironman class:freaky

http://www.24hourchallenge.com/24Hou...nge/intro.html

Some Dude 04-26-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Goodwin
Anyone planning on attending?

Watching of riding?

I'll be there riding a KLR650:huh , imagine that....in the 40+ Ironman class:freaky

http://www.24hourchallenge.com/24Hou...nge/intro.html

Have you ridden this event before?

Al Goodwin 04-26-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Have you ridden this event before?

Yeah,...:freaky

I rode it a few years ago with a team of friends from Cullman, Al. Plus I've raced Hare-Scrambles down in Maplesville several times.

Are you gonna ride it?:ear

Some Dude 04-26-2009 05:54 AM

nope, spent a shitload of money and time to do that event last year and had more fun the couple years before just hanging around and offering support.

You couldn't pay me to ride a KLR after the first hour of that event, it gets so whooped out it's not even funny. :deal

Enjoy!

Al Goodwin 04-26-2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

nope, spent a shitload of money and time to do that event last year and had more fun the couple years before just hanging around and offering support.

You couldn't pay me to ride a KLR after the first hour of that event, it gets so whooped out it's not even funny. :deal

Enjoy!

Yeah....but if you just roll over the whoops kind of nice and easy it ain't that bad.:D

I know winning ain't in the story, but it'll be fun, and it will be a good story anyhow. I'm just looking at it as a nice long trail ride.:huh

I can't wait till the Le-mans style start when everybody lines up, runs across a field to their bike and tears out...

I'll stretch a bit, walk over to the ol 30k+ mile KLR, turn the key, push the button, and ride off nice and easy:rofl ....every bit of energy waisted the first hour is energy lost for the 24th.:D

Al Goodwin 04-26-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Enjoy!

How about we make a deal for next year....:ear

If I make 18 laps on the KLR.....next year you let me ride a nice Husky of yours.....

Deal?:deal

:oscar :oscar

Some Dude 04-26-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

If I make 18 laps on the KLR.....next year you let me ride a nice Husky of yours.....

18 laps Iron man on a 2 stroke is an accomplishment, 18 laps on a KLR would be a miracle. We've supported an IronMan 40+ in open class on a BMW G650X 2 years ago, he got 17laps and is a very accomplished endurance rider on a bike better suited for that type of event.

Good luck with it.

Sell 20 Husky's for me and I'll give you a Husky to ride all the time and call it your own :deal :freaky

johnson357 04-28-2009 08:04 AM

Bad Monkey Racing will be there :clap ..........I guess we are pussies because we are riding a 06 KTM 450XC instead of a KLR :eek1 . This will be our first time racing this event.

Tbone 04-28-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing will be there :clap ..........I guess we are pussies because we are riding a 06 KTM 450XC instead of a KLR :eek1 . This will be our first time racing this event.

I've got your sticker from Baja 2006 on my bike...make me proud !!!

johnson357 04-28-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbone
I've got your sticker from Baja 2006 on my bike...make me proud !!!

We hope we do. We now have the Bad Monkey Racing stickers in black and orange........mostly because I order them and I have all KTMs.

bgoodwin 04-29-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

You might want to go ahead and find a large Oxygen bottle....

Jus' sayin'

:D

johnson357 04-29-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgoodwin
You might want to go ahead and find a large Oxygen bottle....

Jus' sayin'

:D

We'll have a Paramedic in the pits with us, so just wander down to the large Cycle Outfitters easy up if you need assistance :lol3 .

Al Goodwin 04-29-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

18 laps Iron man on a 2 stroke is an accomplishment, 18 laps on a KLR would be a miracle. We've supported an IronMan 40+ in open class on a BMW G650X 2 years ago, he got 17laps and is a very accomplished endurance rider on a bike better suited for that type of event.

Good luck with it.

Sell 20 Husky's for me and I'll give you a Husky to ride all the time and call it your own :deal :freaky

So,....A buy 20, get one free offer??

:huh

:lol3 :lol3

Some Dude 04-30-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

So,....A buy 20, get one free offer??

:huh

:lol3 :lol3

Should be easy right, Get someone to buy a husky for every lap you do, kind of like the charity walks/marathons where folks donate money for each mile. But in this case they buy a Husky for their own use (they already make out there cause they don't know what they're missing anyhow) and I'll go with your 18 lap offer. Get 18 folks to buy Husky's in support and You'll have a free one to abuse(and it might be a bit easier to get to 18 laps on a Husky maybe?) Easy enough right? Just let me know where to deliver them :lol3

Al Goodwin 04-30-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Should be easy right, Get someone to buy a husky for every lap you do, kind of like the charity walks/marathons where folks donate money for each mile. But in this case they buy a Husky for their own use (they already make out there cause they don't know what they're missing anyhow) and I'll go with your 18 lap offer. Get 18 folks to buy Husky's in support and You'll have a free one to abuse(and it might be a bit easier to get to 18 laps on a Husky maybe?) Easy enough right? Just let me know where to deliver them :lol3

That sounds like a great idea,...wish I'd thought about it a year ago.:huh

I'm looking forward to the raceday, are you going this year? riding? Bringing a ride for someione else?

Look me up there.:freaky

Allen

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:33 AM.