ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rally West Virginia Course Arrow Crew (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459614)

grimmboy 05-01-2009 04:30 AM

Rally West Virginia Course Arrow Crew

Good Day All, I've agreed not to compete and assist Mark Bowers with the set-up for Rally West Virginia.

As part of that I have agreed to set course arrows most of which are for the Rally Moto competitors.

I am in need of a crew that can assist. It should entail a pre-run / ride of the entire course to look at spots where arrows are needed.

Being able to leave prior to the beginning of the Rally, early morning, set the arrows and work a few of last stages of the day.

Yes, this is volunteer work, if you want to see the other side of the Rally or have been a regular competitor and want to give a bit back this is the opportunity.

We sould need 2-4 people in addition to myself given that schedules change and somehow with volunteer motorsports commitments seem to come out of no where.

Always on eggshells and knowing your neighbors, this is not "the we need an arrow at XXX turn" thread. Any concerns about the Rally need to be sent to Mark.

Thanks in advance, Grimmy

Seth S 05-01-2009 06:07 AM

We are gonna need arrows at YYYturn. And Umbrella girls, and cold beverages at every start....and a basket of tropical fruit at the start of each stage.....and cold beer each night with a proper steak dinner....and swedish massages each night.

grimmboy 05-01-2009 08:50 AM

OK, I nominate Seth for the entertainment committee, all those in favor.....

JayV2 05-01-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmboy

:clap

Kyler 05-01-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

+1 :wings

Bucho 05-01-2009 10:26 PM

Thanks Grimm, this will be my first Rally and I'm looking forward to it.

SST 05-04-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

...and I nominate him to install extra arrows and extra caution tape just in case he decides to cause a "force majeure" or something . Just sayin'...:lol3

Seth S 05-04-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SST
...and I nominate him to install extra arrows and extra caution tape just in case he decides to cause a "force majeure" or something . Just sayin'...:lol3

odds are pretty good that won't be an issue as I will likely not be racing at RWV this year.

crankshaft 05-04-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SST

:rofl oh boy.......... Can anyone say "force majour"?

Stagehand 05-04-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SST

:lol3

:poke

Grimm, I'd love to pre-ride and set markers, but am trying to run it this year.

KTRMN8R 05-08-2009 01:44 AM

Check Point Suggestion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth S
odds are pretty good that won't be an issue as I will likely not be racing at RWV this year.

Seth,

I suggest a final non-mantatory check point :bow "Exactly" like the on in Red Bull roMANIACS 2007 Hard Enduro Rallye.:super (& now we'll find out if we have any other die hard MX video junkies):ricky

Peace,

Seth S 05-08-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTRMN8R
Seth,

I suggest a final non-mantatory check point :bow "Exactly" like the on in Red Bull roMANIACS 2007 Hard Enduro Rallye.:super (& now we'll find out if we have any other die hard MX video junkies):ricky

Peace,

was that the one that required riding up the staircase of the new hospital ,that was under construction, and then across the roof and then down the outside staircase?

Mantatory? Mandatory?

KTRMN8R 05-09-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth S
was that the one that required riding up the staircase of the new hospital ,that was under construction, and then across the roof and then down the outside staircase?

Mantatory? Mandatory?

Well atleast somebody else has seen it,... no not the teeter totters & stuff,... the Gal with the Jeep!

grimmboy 05-09-2009 08:33 AM

Can we focus on finding me another volunteer for the course arrow crew?

I've already got a reply from AndyB who cna pre-ride and work the rally.

Everyone have a good Saturday, Grimmy

jack splash 05-09-2009 08:26 PM

Good Idea!

Hey: I like the idea of riders placing arrows for the bikes at RallyMoto (TM). Thanks Chris.

In the last couple of RallyMoto's (TM) I did, the arrows didn't help much or I didn't see them in time.

We should come up with a system that makes sense for the Bikes, as the cars have co-drivers so they don't depend on the arrows as much as we do, or would like to. Right now most of us just ride by the seat of our pants so to speak.

One idea would be to have one arrow ( the red enduro sized ones) a certain distance from the turn.
Two arrows a little closer and three arrows closest to the turn, maybe 200ft or so. This way if a rider misses the first arrow, and comes up on a two or three set of arrows, he would know he's really close to the turn. The distances of the arrows from the turns would have to be fairly consistant however. When we arrow an enduro, there is a system to it. The angle the arrow sits has to be close the the angle of the approaching turn. For example.

http://jacksplash.smugmug.com/photos...8_3ur6g-X2.jpg

It's also important that a fast guy prerides and checks the arrows placement, to see if the arrows are able to be seen and in the correct location when at speed.

IMHO

Jack

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:26 PM.