ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Broncos Country (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509912)

spanky 09-18-2009 08:43 AM

Broncos Country
 
What a fitting way to open up the season! A new coach and (mostly) a new team ready, willing, and capable of putting another spankin' on the Cleveland Brownies.

I'm thinking it'll be Broncos 24-13.:deal

Greco 09-18-2009 11:01 AM

So, one miracle pass and your ready to believe? I'm still not convinced. The defense should hold the Brownies to 10 points, but can the offense improve enough in one week to score more than 10 points? Don't know. Looks like a 10-9 loss to me.

wxwax 09-18-2009 11:03 AM

I just watched the Earnest Byner fumble again. God, what a painful loss.

spanky 09-18-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wxwax
I just watched the Earnest Byner fumble again. God, what a painful loss.

Byner's fumble was aided by Jeremiah Castille. I remember Carl Mecklenberg jumping up and pointing in the other direction immediately after the fumble and then the TV picture started to shake so bad that it was hard to focus on the images. Good 'ol Mile High.....damn if we didn't lose the magic when they replaced it with Invesco Field.

spanky 09-18-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greco
So, one miracle pass and your ready to believe? I'm still not convinced. The defense should hold the Brownies to 10 points, but can the offense improve enough in one week to score more than 10 points? Don't know. Looks like a 10-9 loss to me.

Absolutely not! Just wanted to throw out some semi-inflammatory material out there to torment the few Brown's fans on the site (where's Rider?).

Here's what I saw last week; Denver has yet to jell as a team and isn't fully immersed in the offensive scheme. The Denver defense is coming along but I'm not sure if they have the right players in the right spot, time will tell. Orton's a journeyman QB and nothing more than a stop gap until we get someone else. I'd like to see Brandstater, their third stringer play sooner than later.

Oh, and Brandon Marshall won't be as rusty as he looked last week.

As for the Browns I see Quinn continuing to struggle. He'll be facing a Denver D that abused Carson Palmer and he's no Carson Palmer. Mr. Quinn, meet the turf of Invesco Field!

The Browns D will have some success against Denver so I'm seeing a less then impressive running effort from them.

Overall I see Denver as being somewhere between 8-8 and 6-10 in their first year under Babyface McDaniel.:baby

Infracaninophile 09-18-2009 01:35 PM

I'm a Bronco's fan but think they will choke this week. They did not look good at all last week except on defense. We have essentially no offense until we get a real QB.

T.

spanky 09-21-2009 08:49 AM

Okay, so I was wrong.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky
What a fitting way to open up the season! A new coach and (mostly) a new team ready, willing, and capable of putting another spankin' on the Cleveland Brownies.

I'm thinking it'll be Broncos 24-13.:deal


...but I'll take 27-6 any day.:clap

Jurgen 09-21-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky
As for the Browns I see Quinn continuing to struggle. He'll be facing a Denver D that abused Carson Palmer and he's no Carson Palmer. Mr. Quinn, meet the turf of Invesco Field!


Overall I see Denver as being somewhere between 8-8 and 6-10 in their first year under Babyface McDaniel.:baby

1. Mr. Quinn-- meet Elvis, Elvis is in da house. :thumb

2. :nod-- Jurgen predicts 5-11.

Jurgen

Norhasken 09-21-2009 11:25 AM

The more the Broncos win early in the season, the more painful it will be when reality raises it's ugly head later in the season.

Jurgen 09-21-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norhasken
The more the Broncos win early in the season, the more painful it will be when reality raises it's ugly head later in the season.


Ah, The Steelers, Giants, Colts, Cowboys-- all push overs. :patch

Norhasken 09-21-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen
Ah, The Steelers, Giants, Colts, Cowboys-- all push overs. :patch

It makes me think of the students marching off to war in "All Quiet on the Western Front". There is another reality yet to be revealed.

I can't wait for Brandon to do an Uno Cinco act after a couple losses. :lol3

spanky 09-21-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norhasken
The more the Broncos win early in the season, the more painful it will be when reality raises it's ugly head later in the season.


Ya think? I dunno, I think most Denver fans are more realistic this time around and pretty much feel that Orton's nothing more than a temporary replacement until something better comes around. Jurgen's prediting 5-11 but I say they do no worse than 7-9 and who knows, maybe they'll surprise/upset a few teams.

Jurgen 09-21-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norhasken
It makes me think of the students marching off to war in "All Quiet on the Western Front". There is another reality yet to be revealed.

"I feel the whirl of the vortex sucking me slowly, irresistibly, inescapably into itself."
- Erich Maria Remarque, All Quiet On The Western Front, Ch. 4

Jurgen 09-21-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky
Ya think? I dunno, I think most Denver fans are more realistic this time around and pretty much feel that Orton's nothing more than a temporary replacement until something better comes around. Jurgen's prediting 5-11 but I say they do no worse than 7-9 and who knows, maybe they'll surprise/upset a few teams.

I will be estatic if they go 8-8 this year.
Of my pre-season five wins, we've done two. A sweep of KC and a split with Oakland.

Jurgen
(That is the benefit of lowered expectations)

PaleRider 09-21-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky
... pretty much feel that Orton's nothing more than a temporary replacement until something better comes around ...

they have two QBs who are better than Orton sitting on the bench. :deal

Did you see the first half of yesterday's game? Who, exactly, was Orton throwing to? We're lucky they were playing the Browns and at home :deal

These "easy" wins are all we are going to get if the offense doesn't gel, soon! Orton doesn't have the skills (field vision) or arm strength and accuracy to lead Denver much of anywhere except to disappointment.

McDaniels and Cutler both fugg'd up :nod


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014