ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1 year, 2 KLRs, and a whole lot of open road... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515712)

job3-14 10-14-2009 01:48 PM

1 year, 2 KLRs, and a whole lot of open road...

This is a story about a young man who is tired of working for the man and has decided to do something with his life. My name is Will and I am about to embark on a motorcycle trip that will take me out to the east coast, down south to Florida, out west to California, up north to Alaska, and back home to Ontario, Canada. Initially this trip was to be shared with another, but plans seem to go out the window. Nothing new here, it's just that it was a bit of a shock when Amanda decided to bail out 2 months prior to departure. Oh well, what can you do? I love her to death and I forgive her, but I couldn't expect her to drop everything and partake on this EPIC ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME! C'mon! What was she thinking? Oh well, what can you do? I just convinced myself all the benefits of riding solo and when the time came, just get on with it. So now's the time. On September 30th, 2009 I jumped on my steel steed (arguably a mule to some) and rode off in the sunset.

Better viewing of Ride Report at www.1year2klrs.blogspot.com

The time has come! One must follow a code,
I all alone must have wits to partake,
Of strength and honor, make cowardice erode,
And live like a Nomad, my life awakes,
When life is so short, don't take for granted,
Too long have I yearned the open road,
The wonderful things the Earth's implanted,
It's about to begin Son! Lock n' Load!
Do take your time, don't go unprepared,
Things will happen, it's inevitable, be scared,
For fear is your friend, it wakes all senses,
Keep it controlled or face consequences,
So what you waitin' for? Live free or die!
We're burning daylight! Saddle up! Let's ride!

g r a n t 10-14-2009 02:25 PM

subscribed

Hack 10-14-2009 02:48 PM

Hey Will

If your still looking for places on the east coast im in delaware and your welcome to stop in. After all if your gonna see the states ya might as well see the first one. And im slightly confused is your friend still with you or what? I was following on the pitch a tent thread and she had shown up. Either way we will be living through you for a while so have a blast and stay safe.

RockyNH 10-14-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackhawk
If your still looking for places on the east coast im in delaware and your welcome to stop in. After all if your gonna see the states ya might as well see the first one. And im slightly confused is your friend still with you or what? I was following on the pitch a tent thread and she had shown up. Either way we will be living through you for a while so have a blast and stay safe.

Hackhawk,

She is still with him.. he is telling the story from the start and I suspect she was not going at the time of the start.. We will surely hear how she changed her plans in the future installments!!:lol3

I subscribed here too!

ping 10-14-2009 10:37 PM

Take some photos along your journey and tell us about it.

damasovi 10-15-2009 12:22 AM

hey dude if you make it to California, you might ass well make it to BAJA, I can show you some places.... just saying, the word is that Baja is a cool place for ridding, ADV approve !

BEst wishes

Damasovi

Every Miles A Memory 10-15-2009 12:56 AM

Great way to get over a chic! Ride Solo around the Country.

Post lots of pictures and update often

H8Crashin 10-15-2009 03:05 AM

ROcK ON!

I am in Orlando FL. When you get to FL, look me up.

GB 10-15-2009 06:11 AM

When Amanda starts to miss you, maybe she'll fly and join you for a part of it! :thumb

Bon voyage and safe travels :lurk

rubRsidedown 10-15-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Every Miles A Memory
Great way to get over a chic! Ride Solo around the Country.

Post lots of pictures and update often

+1 :D

Nice_Rumble 10-15-2009 08:19 AM

KLR's...mmmmm Good!

kojack 10-15-2009 08:42 AM

Im in!.....

KLR's rule!

DirtDriven 10-15-2009 08:44 AM

Subscribed! Looking forward to the ride. Sounds like a good time to write a ride journal. It is amazing some of the stuff you write in one when you by yourself doing a long solo ride and have lots of time to think. Plus it's a good keepsake to read through when you get back. Have a safe ride and remember lots of pics :D :lurk

Canuman 10-15-2009 09:17 AM

Will spent a week solo, then things changed a little bit. . . more info in some of his other threads.

We've got to kick his sorry butt into getting out the reports on a more timely schedule. WITH PICS! Enquiring minds want to know. Ain't nothing keeping those who are hosting from sharing a few snaps also.

:lurk

:kumbaya Can you hear the banjoes yet, Will?

Dr.

Ledge End Hairy 10-15-2009 09:22 AM

Subscribed

:lurk

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:55 PM.