ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Amateur race timing software? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519248)

Tappet 10-26-2009 02:22 AM

Amateur race timing software?
 
I help run an amateur offroad racing club (enduro-type riding). Up until now we've recorded start, lap & finish times the old school way with a stopwatch and pen & paper.

Does anyone know of software that can be used for this. The focus isn't on split-second accurate timing but rather on having a list of the riders in digital format and perhaps the clock running on the laptop too.

:ear

Thanks in advance

kenaroo 10-28-2009 02:52 PM

here is a system that might work.

$99 US but looks easy enough

Used for running and cycling so it should work for racing as well

http://perfect-timing.org/racetimer/index.html

BAZZER450 10-28-2009 07:22 PM

hmmm we are in the same postion . We are looking into systems the problem is the multiple laps and recording ... one way and the best i think is transponder scoring ..which we use in Canadian National Enduro series as does a lot of other orginizations, or bar code scanning (small bar code on a tag on your helmet ) I will post info as we get it but ... I dont thnk it will be cheap .

Burro X 10-29-2009 07:17 AM

Trackside Software
 
http://www.tracksidesoftware.com/

This is the industry standard for amateur MX and many offroad events
I have worked with it, easy to use and foolproof :deal



-

kenaroo 03-01-2010 04:43 PM

Race lap Timer Pro
 
I found this on the web..

free download

the company website is extinct so I don't know if they are still around.

pretty cool little software

http://www.brothersoft.com/race-lap-...nal-52604.html

barnyard 03-01-2010 08:11 PM

Our club the Norsemen just started using software for hare scrambles. There should be a 'contact me" somewhere on the website, I am sure that Maggie or Tawnia would give you the info on the scoring software that we use.

Tom B

Tappet 03-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burro X
http://www.tracksidesoftware.com/

This is the industry standard for amateur MX and many offroad events
I have worked with it, easy to use and foolproof :deal

-

Thanks, but this looks a little too expensive for our usage

Tappet 03-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenaroo
I found this on the web..

free download

the company website is extinct so I don't know if they are still around.

pretty cool little software

http://www.brothersoft.com/race-lap-...nal-52604.html

This looks like the ticket - will give it a run on the w/end

Thanks!

Tappet 03-08-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnyard
Our club the Norsemen just started using software for hare scrambles. There should be a 'contact me" somewhere on the website, I am sure that Maggie or Tawnia would give you the info on the scoring software that we use.

Tom B

Cheers Tom - have dropped them a mail

David_Moen 03-09-2010 07:32 AM

Hey Bazzer! Waiting with baited breath for info on what you find. We should be doing something more sophisticated than paper an pencil up in our neck of the woods too. I can supply things like barcode scanners etc at steep discounts, my company does a lot of point-of-sale business, and I'm willing to supply local clubs hardware at my wholesale cost.

The challenge I see is getting everyone entered into the system in a hurry just before the race. From my observations, only a precious few would pre-register for an event. Scoring software would make the inevitable class selection and scoring errors an issue of the past though. Last year when I raced the Rock Hound I got in the wrong class somehow, didn't figure it out until I noticed that everyone in my starting group was younger and skinier than me!

I think you could print up a bunch of barcode labels before the event, then attach them to registration forms. Someone would have to be drafted to the data entry work and scan the codes into the scoring software. Once registration is complete, the laptop and scanner could be moved to scoring tent on the course. I've done scoring, and it can be a bit of a gong show when a group of riders comes in close together and you have someone yelling helmet numbers to someone else who tries to locate them on the scoring sheets etc. An orderly and automated system for carrying this out would be great!

Within the universe of the Okanagan Hare Scramble Series, none of the race dates overlap, perhaps the clubs could pool talents and funds to come up with a scoring system that could be used at all of the events.



Quote:

Originally Posted by BAZZER450
hmmm we are in the same postion . We are looking into systems the problem is the multiple laps and recording ... one way and the best i think is transponder scoring ..which we use in Canadian National Enduro series as does a lot of other orginizations, or bar code scanning (small bar code on a tag on your helmet ) I will post info as we get it but ... I dont thnk it will be cheap .


t1m 05-10-2013 07:35 PM

I came upon this post, from 2010 I see, about your looking for some software to record times. I wanted to mention that a friend of mine had commissioned me to create a program such as this, which I did in Java™ to produce the results you're looking for. You can see it at prodrt.com if you're interested.

If this message is considered spam, I apologize to the moderators.

Be good out there!



Quote:

Originally Posted by Tappet (Post 11218425)
I help run an amateur offroad racing club (enduro-type riding). Up until now we've recorded start, lap & finish times the old school way with a stopwatch and pen & paper.

Does anyone know of software that can be used for this. The focus isn't on split-second accurate timing but rather on having a list of the riders in digital format and perhaps the clock running on the laptop too.

:ear

Thanks in advance


mattburns 10-24-2013 05:17 AM

AwesomeTimer
 
I know this is an old thread, but I needed to find a decent race timer.

There wasn't a good one that was free and simple so I wrote one:

http://www.awesometimer.com/

It's browser-based so you can just play with it instantly, but also works offline.

Hopefully this doesn't count as span since it's free and I'm just trying to be nice!

Matt


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014