ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tucson Area Tool Exchange (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554972)

Drizzt 02-28-2010 06:26 PM

Tucson Area Tool Exchange

This thread is for the sharing of tools (especially specialized ones).

If you have tools and or facilities, and would be willing to share either, please post up! It would be useful if you posted the following information

A)A list of tools that you have (an example would be a 30mm socket, or tire irons)

B)A list of facilities that you have (an example would be a tire changing machine or a bike lift)

C)A list of skills that you would be willing to share (such as how to change a tire by hand, or how to do an oil change)

D)Your general location. It doesn't have to be an address, but the more specific the better (Broadway and Kolb is a lot better then "Tucson")

If you want a tool/service, just look through the thread and PM a person that has it, and you can make arrangements.

I would like to keep the thread just to a listing, so you can find information quickly rather then sifting through 3 pages of "does anybody have this?!"

It would be a general courtesy to return the tools at least in the same cleanliness, if not cleaner. Please don't return tools all greasy and oily, otherwise people aren't going to want to loan out their tools to anybody.

So, if you have tools, please post!

Drizzt 02-28-2010 06:37 PM

I'll begin

A) Common tools (just use this to summarize the following items-screw drivers, common sized wrenches, common sized sockets, hammers, crescent wrenches, pliers, ect...).

A variety of oversize sockets and wrenches, mostly standard though

Really long extensions

Torque wrenches (Heavy, begin at 50 pounds)

Punches and Files

Tire Irons and Valve Core Removers

B)A heavy duty car jack

Air compressor (~30 gallons) with air tools

Wire Welding Machine (for iron and steel)

A concrete slab for working on things (no cover)

C)Tire change (by hand)

Oil Change

Valve Check

Cleaning Air filter

Other light duty maintence

D)3 Miles from Houghton and Sahuarita road, Corona De Tucson

ravenranger 02-28-2010 06:50 PM

dirt bike stand

motorcycle jack

various hand tools (sockets, drives, etc.)

tie down straps

lstzephyr 02-28-2010 07:03 PM

All manner of chains, straps, hitch carrier and a truck(its a tool just like a big hammer:lol3)

Lots of extensions and hand tools, metric and standard, 1/4 3/8 1/2

tons of wrenches. electrical tools, drills, hammers, pliers, etc.

cut off wheel, d/a sander, die grinder, paint gun(no air compressor though)

bike stand, tire irons and such.

specialized tools: xr swingarm sockets

inside garage space for bikes

I'm in southeast tucson, I know upholstery, welding, fabrication, custom bodywork, and some other stuff.

I'm happy to help.

685 03-02-2010 07:55 AM

I am located at Pantano and 5th, Far Horizons Tucson Village (a blue hair RV park.) Covered, concrete carport. Until late April (when most of the blue hairs go home) working on more than one bike at a time is no-go. Summer rules are a lot looser than winter ones.

Tools, all the usual suspects sockets, ratchets, breaker bars (with a cheater pipe,) a real good torque wrench. Hammers. 5hp compressor, pneumatic tools (ratchet, impact, drill, cutoff wheels, nailers, a coupla spray guns w/regulator.) Some sockets that are larger than the usual candidates--30 mm deep wall, impact socket for GM hub nuts, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 sockets. 1/4 1/2 3/8 drive sockets, extensions, wobblers, and drives.

Got a broomstick for taking fork legs apart, necessary to keep things form spinning inside the leg.

M/cycle jack, tire spoons, valve remover tool. Many automotive jacks (bottle and floor jacks.) Cheep multi meter from HF, digital & dial micrometers, and a mic for measuring runout (but no attachments or frames.) Some feeler gauges, wire gauges for spark plugs.

Hobart handler MIG welder (currently even have gas.) Grinders, pedestal grinder one side is stone, the other is a wire wheel. 1/2 in drive drill. Drill press (fairly good sized) various sized drills of various qualities. Ox/acetylene torch setup with small tanks (no gas, tho,) kinda the HVAC/Roofer special. Anyone who can afford to fill the bottles can borrow it.

I have manuals for the 08 & later KLR, DR 650 (95 & earllier.) If I can ever get into my old hard drive, I have manuals for later DR 650 and earlier KLR.

I have a single bike, small, very light trailer. The trailer lights work most of the time. & a Chevy Lumina with a trailer hitch.

In my 'useless' tool box, a valve spring compressor, piston ring compressor, some larger hones, brake spring tool, induction timing light w/variable advance. McPherson strut spring compressors. Easy outs. Some helicoil stuff. An air pop riveter. An oversized pop riveter. Cheep taps and dies from HF. A/C vacuum pump (electric.)

The usual rules about cleaning up, catching fluids, and recycling parts/fluids apply.

goodtimes 03-02-2010 04:00 PM

Big-ass hammer, + various other beating devices.

And a few other things too.

Gummee! 03-02-2010 06:36 PM

I've got bicycle tools (and 20+ years of know-how)

Not so much in the MC specific stuff cept for 1150 and 1200 boxer oil filter wrenches

M

TucsonBill 03-04-2010 12:33 PM

I have a shed full of tools with which I've built/maintained motorcycles, cars, boats, airplanes, and regular around-home stuff. I also have a motorcycle lift. Tanque Verde/ Sabino Canyon part of town.

685 06-08-2010 04:25 PM

I need to do a brake job on my ancient and decrepit motor home. Does anyone have a good 1/2 drive air impact I can borrow?

inire 07-10-2010 10:20 PM

Toolz

Electric impact

Tapered alum damper-rod holder

Flywheel puller(s) for DR650

Garage floor

Ironwood & Lloyd Bush

chuggins143 06-09-2011 11:36 PM

All the standard junk/hand tools... also have welders, plasma cutter, and general know how to hack junk together!

..and for the KLR folks, I have the Doo Tools! :evil

:freaky
Chad

Radioman 09-16-2011 04:35 PM

Tucson Area. Tire machine needed

Anyone in Tucson have a tire machine that we could use as we ride through to Mexico.

We will be arriving September 25 into North Tucson, and will need to one tire on a KTM 990 and maybe 2 on F800 GS.

Sunday Late or Monday . Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Drizzt 09-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioman (Post 16871876)
Anyone in Tucson have a tire machine that we could use as we ride through to Mexico.

We will be arriving September 25 into North Tucson, and will need to one tire on a KTM 990 and maybe 2 on F800 GS.

Sunday Late or Monday . Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Try posting in the TABB, I'm sure that somebody will help you put on some tires. here's the link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...25691&page=799

Otherwise if you want a machine, probably just take it to a shop, you could try zmw or onanymoto, I'm sure they'll have tires and they have a tire machine.

Radioman 09-17-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt (Post 16873766)
Try posting in the TABB, I'm sure that somebody will help you put on some tires. here's the link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...25691&page=799

Otherwise if you want a machine, probably just take it to a shop, you could try zmw or onanymoto, I'm sure they'll have tires and they have a tire machine.

THANKS will post there. Have the tires we are using.

Mark

Greenstreak-750 03-26-2012 08:35 AM

I have lots of tools. Mostly METRIC ............ I used to work in a bike shop. I have fork seal drivers, carb sync'ing gauges. Air tools and a big compressor. I am not big on loaning out tools, but would rather help you fix it myself. A friend in need is a friend in deed.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:34 AM.