ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LD Comfort Beat the Heat (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579083)

Gear junkie 05-13-2010 09:59 AM

LD Comfort Beat the Heat
 
Gear Junkie here, I did some testing on the LD comfort and it was pretty amazing on the level of comfort I was able to achieve in the Arizona heat. I have lived here since 1967 and used to use a sweatshirt then I changed over to the LD comfort. I even use it for Mountain Biking. Check out the link on LD comfort http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8NocCkbJw

mariowink 05-13-2010 12:52 PM

Beat the heat with LDComfort
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear junkie
Gear Junkie here, I did some testing on the LD comfort and it was pretty amazing on the level of comfort I was able to achieve in the Arizona heat. I have lived here since 1967 and used to use a sweatshirt then I changed over to the LD comfort. I even use it for Mountain Biking. Check out the link on LD comfort http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8NocCkbJw

Very nice video. I know it is difficult to suggest that mesh is not the best riding solution for beating the heat but the video does a great job of proving the point. Thanks for sharing.

peterb 05-14-2010 07:16 PM

LD Comfort
 
I love my LD Comfort - use it for any trip out of the area under my 'stich or my Pro Rallye 2 suits. LD Comfort is amazing - it is warmer in the cool weather and can be made to be very cool in the hotter weather. Follow the directions!

Something I really like about it that is an added for me, is that during a rally i can climb off the bike and into bed without cleaning up if I wear the LD Comfort to bed. No stickiness or dirt feeling from a 1,000 miles... Sometimes in a multi-day rally I go a couple days without showeing. When I do shower I do it in the LD Comfort and wring it out for ready to go the next morning!

It may be hard to try to justify buying the best if you are into penny pinching butt if you want comfort go for LD Comfort. No affiliation yada yada do - just a very happy customer.:D

Day13 05-17-2010 04:53 AM

It's the only "used" underwear I've ever bought!! My wife said, "Ewww!!"

That was after I tried the new first!

Rapid Dog 05-17-2010 03:57 PM

usedundies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Day13
It's the only "used" underwear I've ever bought!! My wife said, "Ewww!!"

That was after I tried the new first!

heh heh...me too. :lol3

Rapid Dog 05-18-2010 07:13 AM

wet non wet?
 
Watch your vid, it's very convincing. I'm a little cornfused about the pitch from LD though.
They sell the sleeves as to be soaked in water first, but the helmet liner and regular clothing isn't 'mentioned as wet wear'.
Isn't all the LD stuff the same material? Or are the sleeves something different?
Lemme know, I'm ready to order from GO-AZ.

peterb 05-18-2010 05:18 PM

It is my understanding, IIRC, that all the LDComfort items are of the same type material and are thus wet ware as you say.

I have used the long pant tights and longsleeve top for several years - and I do the water trick when needed with much success. Cooling and good to go.:clap

mariowink 06-01-2010 12:07 PM

LDComfort cooling sleeves vs the LS shirt.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
Watch your vid, it's very convincing. I'm a little cornfused about the pitch from LD though.
They sell the sleeves as to be soaked in water first, but the helmet liner and regular clothing isn't 'mentioned as wet wear'.
Isn't all the LD stuff the same material? Or are the sleeves something different?
Lemme know, I'm ready to order from GO-AZ.

The sleeves are the same material as the rest of the LDComfort garments. When I ride long distance I use the sleeves on the long sleeve shirt for my cooling. The special cool sleeves are for the comuter who wants to remove the long sleeves when they get to their destination. They both work the same. I have used the LDComfort Long Sleeve Shirt in the Mojave Desert in temps up to 120 degrees. That shirt IS my cooling garment. If I were on a short comute, I would use the cooling sleeves. Make sense?

Rapid Dog 06-01-2010 12:26 PM

2tumbsup
 
...wore the shorts, tee, and helmet liner on a warm ride in the dez this weekend.
I was totally comfy with the LD stuff and armor with Klim pants and my XD3.
Perfect.

Dan Alexander 06-01-2010 12:30 PM

OK, I'm convinced, time to pull out the crdit card :deal

KTMandu 06-02-2010 03:17 PM

Great, informative video. So, mesh is a no-no for the drier climates. What about for humid climates like here in Louisiana? Is mesh a no-no? Will the LD garments work the same way here as they do in AZ? If so, how long do they provide cooling?

Jonesky 06-05-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTMandu
Great, informative video. So, mesh is a no-no for the drier climates. What about for humid climates like here in Louisiana? Is mesh a no-no? Will the LD garments work the same way here as they do in AZ? If so, how long do they provide cooling?

I'd like to know, too. Just did a 600 mile run in the 90 heat around here and cooked.

azgsa 06-09-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear junkie
Gear Junkie here, I did some testing on the LD comfort and it was pretty amazing on the level of comfort I was able to achieve in the Arizona heat. I have lived here since 1967 and used to use a sweatshirt then I changed over to the LD comfort. I even use it for Mountain Biking. Check out the link on LD comfort http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8NocCkbJw

Can't you guys get one of the hot goaz babes to do these videos? :lol3

sonic578 06-11-2010 06:45 PM

Can anyone say how long a soaked shirt will last, even under a typical textile jacket as in the video? I guess the duration would depend on humidity as well?

I suppose the idea when riding distance would be to carry a water source to keep the shirt wet? But, dousing with water would tend to run down the skin and wet the inside. Has anyone used this approach to 'recharge' while riding?

bash3r 06-12-2010 10:55 AM

yes.. this is very interesting! Going to look into this a bit more as well..


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014