ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dealer Recommendation in SoCal (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587823)

mrcolin2u 06-08-2010 02:27 PM

Dealer Recommendation in SoCal

Hi,

can anyone recommend a dealer in SoCal , I am in the market for a new 2010 BMW F800GS and I'm looking for a good dealership that gives good customer after sales service.

Thanks

Colin

Fishyhead 06-08-2010 02:58 PM

The folks at Irv Seaver show up at the OC monthly meets and seem like good people. I've only purchased accessories there though.

traveltoad 06-08-2010 04:02 PM

When I had my GS I had many years of good experiences with West Valley Cycles.

spafxer 06-08-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveltoad

Now that IS :rofl Laurie does have quite a reputation!!

Ventura BMW in Newbury Park has always been a full (and good) service shop for me. :clap

Toyanvil 06-08-2010 04:31 PM

Valley Cycle, Bakersfield

signit98 06-08-2010 04:38 PM

San Diego BMW Motorcycles... I have had friends from all over the country buy bikes there and EVERY single one of them would buy there again.

They are good, caring and knowledgeable folks... every single one of them rides as well.

johngil 06-08-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveltoad

I use West Valley. They have a lot less overhead than most dealers and the bike purchase price I paid was fair.
They are a very small shop, so if you are looking to be impressed, you won't be.
Laurie doesn't like me, but that doesn't stop me from going there when needed.
Service prices have been fair as well.

http://www.westvalleycycle.com/index.html

eatpasta 06-08-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spafxer
Now that IS :rofl Laurie does have quite a reputation!!

Ventura BMW in Newbury Park has always been a full (and good) service shop for me. :clap

:nod

+2

bergermeister 06-08-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishyhead
The folks at Irv Seaver show up at the OC monthly meets and seem like good people. I've only purchased accessories there though.

I've had better luck with Long Beach BMW.

and although I've not been there, I've heard nothing but good things about Brown Motor Works in Pomona.

IncompleteInsanity 06-10-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcolin2u
Hi,

can anyone recommend a dealer in SoCal , I am in the market for a new 2010 BMW F800GS and I'm looking for a good dealership that gives good customer after sales service.

Thanks

Colin

I am curious that there has been no mention (that I have seen?) on this forum of the new BMW dealer in Riverside. Not just this thread, but the whole forum. They have only been open a couple months or so, they are having their open house this Saturday. I have dropped by there a couple of times and talked to the owner. He seems like a good guy trying to make a big effort to give good service. Lior is one of his service techs (used to be with Malcolm Smith) and when there was no dealer (after Malcolm Smith lost BMW) in town, I had Lior work on my bike at his house. I have a lot of faith in his work. I would think that a new dealer like this would be a good place to buy a bike because they likely will try to keep you as a customer to grow the business. I'm just throwing the info out there cuz I didn't figure many riders knew they are there.

EDIT (1/08/11): Lior has been working on his own again, and is no longer with BMW M/C of Riverside.

Fishyhead 06-10-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IncompleteInsanity
I am curious that there has been no mention (that I have seen?) on this forum of the new BMW dealer in Riverside.

Maybe because it's a new dealership and no one knows about it or have any experience with them.:dunno

Fishyhead 06-10-2010 04:41 PM

Would a cobbler be able to fix that?

Welcome to the Orange Curtain, BTW.

scorpion 06-10-2010 04:51 PM

They're all rogues, charlatans, sycophants, and bi-polar degenerates, plus they never have shit in stock :lol3

BerndM 06-11-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishyhead

+1

http://www.irvseaverbmw.com/

liorsmotoride 06-13-2010 08:00 PM

f800gs

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcolin2u
Hi,

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin
My name is Lior Elbaz I'm working at BMW Motorcycle OF Riverside as a master technician and i also just got new f800gs we are new dealer ship we have very nice and friendly people working there, excellent service, sales ,parts we are taring to be the best in SoCal, way not you should stop by give us a chance we have both colors on the floor for the 2010 800gs white and orange and if you are intensity in the 30 years university
Thanks

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:54 AM.